US$199
US$158
US$276
US$238
  • Restaurant
Regal Airport Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$237
US$351
US$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$278
US$243
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$226
US$208
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$656
US$561
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshotel bonapartetimes squaredim dim sumhk depositlimited spacewalkable distancelocation is excellenthangersconvenience
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel gets 2 stars because it was probably quite smart when it was first opened. Beyond that, I was very disappointed.

First shock was that despite what it says, wifi is not included. They charge HKD60/ day to use the wifi. This is not acceptable in the 21st century

The hotel also states on its own website that all rooms have a smart phone. This is nothing true, I had the cradle for one, but no phone (which I could've used as a hot spot).

The website also says each room has tea and coffee facilities. This is also not true. I had a kettle, but no tea, coffee, milk, sugar, cups or spoons. What use is that?

The room itself was tiny, no more than 10m2. The only place I could put my suitcase was on the bed. The desk was about 40x60cm, which would not be big enough even for a laptop. The bathroom was also tiny, shabby and stunk.

I will not ever return, and advise against anyone else booking this place based on the info they provide Trip Advisor or shown on their website.

I couldn't wait to check out.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Cocoda-Cambridge
rickyli2017, Manager at Minimal Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Dear Cocoda-Cambridge

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I sincerely apologize for unpleasant experiences you and encountered during the recent stay. Regarding the several issues you have mentioned have mentioned, I have already addressed these matters to the respective Department Heads for necessary improvements and to avoid recurrence.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again so that we can provide true Rhombus hospitality and make up for this regrettable experience. Please contact me directly at ricky_li@rhombus-group.com for your next reservation and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

I stayed here one night while on business. The hotel is in a great location. Within walking distance to many places to eat and Times Square mall. The hotel and rooms are pretty small: only about 5 rooms per floor. Fine for one night, but I think I would have need a bit more space if I was staying longer. I had no real issues with the room. It was clean and had the essentials like wi-fi, a desk, mini-fridge and a comfy bed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
rickyli2017, Manager at Minimal Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Dear nmwxgirl79

Thank you for your great review. We are glad to hear about your fabulous stay experience, thank you very much for stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, although we were out early in the morning and back mid evening so space was not really an issue. Firm matresses, clean fluffy towels daily, tea and coffee making facilities, limited space in shower,it served a purpose.
The Internet is not cheap, 6$ for 12 hours, pretty poor when you can go into a bar or restuarant, spend $100 (£10) and get free WiFi! Very convenient for HK Sevens, just around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
rickyli2017, Manager at Minimal Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear Cjdunk

Thank you for your sharing on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed staying with us. We have taken note of your constructive feedback about the internet service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Hotel Bonaparte is a small, nondescript, boutique hotel ideally situated in Hong Kong on the edge of Wan Chai and just around the corner from Times Square. Let's be clear, this is not the Ritz; but for the price, there is not a better value. As for not being the Ritz, don't tell the employees, since i received service on par, or better, than some of those glitzy, higher priced hotels.

it is very much a typical Asian hotel in terms of size of beds, room, etc. But it's clean, the staff is helpful, and the manager Ricky went out of his way to fix the internet issue we were having. And with my flight arriving at 8am in Hong Kong, i was able to get settled by noon.

And while it doesn't have a gym, or CNN World on the TV, you didn't come to Hong Kong to sit in the gym or watch cable. i would recommend this any day if you are looking for a excellent value and prefer to save your money for this fabulous city's shopping, dining, etc.

And speaking of dining, it's a mere half a block from the Anthony Bourdain recommend dim sum restaurant - Dim Dim Sum. absolutely one of the best dim sum restaurnts

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
rickyli2017, Manager at Minimal Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Brian S

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I have shared your review with my team and they really appreciated for your mention of the excellent service that they provided.

Your review was a pleasure to read and I got a real sense of how much you loved your time with us.

When you next plan another visit to Hong Kong, please let me know so that I love to assist you with planning your next stay in 2018.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The hotel was fine for the week we were there, 26th January 2017 until 2nd February 2017. We arrived on an overnight flight, too early for the 3pm check in, so we walked around the area until 3pm. Then I discovered my reservation stated the check in was at 2pm. Staff at reception explained that this was the time of check in until the end of 2016 when check in was changed to 3pm. I explained that the reservation I had made confirmed that check in was at 2pm and I had not had confirmation changing this. I was told I could have free wifi. I asked on two occasions to confirm that the mini bar contents were complimentary as stated in my reservation confirmation. Staff declined this initially until I pointed this out in my reservation confirmation email, then it was confirmed that it was complimentary. The room was small, however, this wasn't a problem as we only slept there, we were out each day exploring Hong Kong and Kowloon. The room was clean and the cleaning staff were hard working and friendly, in my opinion they are an asset to the business. Our room was on the 21st floor so the noise from the streets below didn't bother us. I booked an early shuttle bus from the hotel to the airport two days before departure. The reception man I arranged this with was efficient and the price was what I expected so I can recommend this for ease when leaving for the airport. Check out was concluded within 10 minutes, quick and easy. All reception staff were male. It would have been nice to see female staff, equal opportunities. I can recommend the Dim Dim Sum restaurant on the same street as the hotel. Lovely food and obviously a favourite with locals and visitors. I can also recommend the bakery very close to the hotel which has an offer on after 5pm of 3 items for the price of 2, total price about equivalent of £2. Overall we had an enjoyable stay in Hong Kong and we were happy with the Hotel Bonapart by Rhombus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 21st plus floors to ensure the noise from the traffic below doesn't interrupt your sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
rickyli2017, Manager at Minimal Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Angela P P

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay at Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus.

I am so glad you were able to join us for your recent stay, however I am disappointed to hear that your experience was not as it should have been. We appreciate for your constructive feedback as it will help us to keep improve our service level.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.