“Not professional, Not well managed”

Free Walker Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Free Walker Guest House
Ranked #114 of 258 Hong Kong B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Not professional, Not well managed”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

It was my 3rd time staying in this place, but this the worst time of my stay. Next time I will find another guesthouse to stay.

I booked 4 rooms, but when I arrived, the rooms were not ready for my group. Even worse, everything in the room seem to be broken ... Such as toilet, shower, pipe.

We booked an extra room on our last day for keeping our belongings. Ms. Ann calculated the total price for us, but when she came to collect money (later than 1 am at night ... So late), she forgot to collect money for the extra room. On the last day, we returned only 3 keys for check out. And surely, we tried to call Ms. Ann about her wrong collection and wanted to remind her about our extra room, but noone picked up the room. Anyway, we went out for travelling and would come back to talk to her later in the evening. When we come back in the evening for checking out our extra room, her maid called her to report our coming and turn the line to me.

I was so disappointed to hear her angry voice. She asked me why I not pay for the extra room. I told her that you forgot to collect the full amount and I tried to call her in the morning but noone pick up the phone. Her voice becaming softer and calm down. After every thing was clear up. We checked out with disappointed mind. My friend & I won't come back here again.

If the owner is reading, we would like to ask you to fix all the broken things. Pls make them all in a good condition. To stay in guesthouse, yes we pay less, surely we won't expect the luxury things at all. But yes we expect to get 100% fully function of all equipments. And pls be more concentrate on how you manage the booking. You can see everyone complain about this point !!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Anita K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed here more 10times but this time was the most terrible experience , although its happen last few time when I reserve the room through the phone with the lady boss Anne ,she forget to reserve the room for me n end up able to find me a room n send me to others guest house. This trip I already call her to reserve the room one week before n already double confirm and remind to her reserve the room for me but it end up when I arrived there ard 7pm Friday there ,she just smile n told me that she don't have any room for me n can't able to find me another room to replace as well ,ask me to find others place at the same building , but unlucky that i'd check more then 10 guesthouse all are fully booked! so I decided to go to others place n some friends also help me to check with others guest house n hotel but the cheaper is HKD1500-HKD2280 or most of them already fully booked !Just because of her In responsibility n didn't take the reservation seriously, friends told me because of the exhibition month n weekend most of the guest house n hotel are selling like hot cake n some of the guest house will resell the room to those who able to give them higher price .Pls be cautious if you planning to stay here!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank limsm

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Cebu
Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was my first time in Hongkong and finding a place to stay during those times (October) was hard. Since HK is going to be more of an outdoor experience, my friends and I agreed to stay in a guesthouse or hostel. And after how many emails to various guesthouses, I opted for Freewalker. However, upon arrival in HK at 2 am and eventually ending up at Sincere House, we were so displeased to see the guesthouse LOCKED! There were only 2 numbers posted in the door. And we ended up calling the owner and knowing that she booked us the next day instead of the day we arrived! We spent our first few hours in HK at Mcdonalds adjacent to the Sincere House. However, when we finally entered the room, I was actually contented. It was a tidy room, spaces were well-maximized, the toilet was also clean. It has aircon and TV. It has all that you need for a short stay. Needless to say, this is in Sincere House, where everything is just a walk away.

TIPS:

Always confirm confirm confirm your reservation. Make sure the owner understands your scheduled flight (when and what time you will arrive).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank IvyKristine
Bandung
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was the second time I stayed here on September 2011.
The first time I stayed here on January 2011, I didn't make a reservation and I had a 3 persons room that had windows with 2 persons rate. The room was clean.
The second time I stayed, I'm traveling with my wife and 5 of my friends. We already booked 3 rooms for 6 nights, 2 rooms for 2 persons, and 1 room for 3 persons. When arrived at reception, the staff said that they only have 1 room for 2 persons and 1 rooms for 5 persons for the first night. The other nights 1 room for 2 persons and 1 room for 3 persons available.
No choice for us, we took the rooms for 5 persons.
The room was not clean as I stayed on January 2011. Floor and Bathroom dirty. Bathroom door can't be locked. The good thing that they give towel and change every 3 days.
No available free wifi.
With the same price, will go back to other hostel that have a good reservation and have a free computer + free wifi.

Room Tip: Better choose room with windows but a little bit noisy
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank RyanD404
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I did not know about this guesthouse at all before I stayed in on 30/11/2011. I travelled with my husband and two small kids. I walked around the building and found this guesthouse and went to the counter to ask for a view to a room. The first impression was clean, and the lady incharge offer me a quart-room by paying triple room price, without second thought, I agreed to stay for 3 nights.

Pros:
- Clean (but under the beds were a bid dusty)
- have enough space to fit in our two big luggages, few cupboards with many drawers are good for us to place our things.
- water pressure for shower is great
- good location
- The water boiler and small fridge were useful to us.
- Clear room rubbish everyday, provide extra towels and toilet paper generously.

Cons:
- Food smell from ground floor will come to room
- Even have a big window, it cannot open, we have no choice but to on the aircond even the whether is more suitable to open the window.

Room Tip: Do not leave valueable in room while away, they will go in to your room for cleaning or off lights a...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank chenyu11
beijing
Reviewed 4 September 2010

The location is nice, close to the ladies market, and the price was comparable to other hostels in the area. The room was clean.

We went out for dinner and came back to find the hostel was locked... we couldn't reach our room. We called the number posted on the door and noone answered. After about five minutes we found someone to let us in.

As soon as we walked in we realized that someone entered our room while we were out. We had taken all of our valuables with us so nothing was missing but the aircon had been turned off via the switch on the wall. We left it going on purpose so the room would be cool when we returned.

The unbearable part was the heavy metal band that was in the recording studio next door. It sounded like they were in the room with is. We didn't mind earlier in the day, but approaching midnight it was more than too much.

280$ for a room with three single beds for my husband and I. The price was the only thing that was right but we've had better and paid less in the week that we've been here.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
THA
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We staying there on a few days ago.Rooms that I've got NO WINDOW / Bloom & Cabin left in front of our rooms /--When we're come back from out-side ,
seems like one of my friend,her luggages are messy &our blanket not messy as before...so we think it somwthing strange..the second nights,we try to see it again...LUGGAGES WAS OPEN in every luggages.......So,we're NOT RECOMMEND YOU ALL TO STAY HERE...dangerous, & unsafe foryour trip /as we see other guest house on that building,HERE IS HORRIBLE!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends