“My favourite hotel”

Ranked #8 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dublin
“My favourite hotel”
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Went to the W Hong Kong in 2009 for our honeymoon, and have to say, the hotel added to our experience. Having stayed in several W Hotels, this is my favourite one.
Staff were very welcoming and attentive to our needs. We had a room on the 38th floor overlooking the harbour and the views were amazing!!! The whole building is unique and magical. From moving paitings to a trendy bar, to a rooftop pool on the 70th something floor to unique items in the restaurant. Ever tried red bull jelly with gummi bears?? Nope neither did I but have to say all those different things just make your stay memorable.

Booked a limo to the hotel and a nice cake on arrival as a surprise for my wife and all was just brilliant. All hotels are unique in its kind, but the W raised the bar for all other hotels.

Just a quick tip when travelling back home, underneath the hotel is a check in desk for the airport express, you can check in there and drop off your luggage even before you have to leave the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, it is amazing!! Even if you dont like working out during your stay...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Great design, good vibe, grand views and absolutely excellent connection to the airport (check-in at the train terminal in the same building). Some small hick-ups in both rooms we stayed in, for example the bathroom tv wouldn't turn off. Had a meal In Sing Yin Cantonese which was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
WHotels_HongKong, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Hello aaltowave,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

I was sorry to know that the TV in the bathroom was malfunctioned during your stay with us; I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer who will schedule the regular preventive maintenance more frequently. Please accept my sincere apologies for the said shortfall you have experienced during your stay.

aaltowave, on the other hand, I am delighted to know that you have taken the pleasure to dine at our Sing Yin – Cantonese restaurant while you were here. Aaltowave, please accept my sincere gratitude for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us, and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to W Hong Kong in the very near future!

Peter Hildebrand
W Hong Kong
Minneapolis
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here twice during a business trip (went to mainland China in between). It was just what I would expect it to be - great! Had their standard room; it was certainly big enough. I had views of the harbor both times. Service was top notch; everyone goes out of their way to be helpful, or at the very least say hello. Bathroom was lovely; separate shower from bathtub. The bed was it's usual wonderful. Housekeeping does a great job, including turn down service. I used both the infinity pool on the top floor, as well as the ladies hot tub in the locker room. Very nice how the hot tub looks out over the city. Location is perfect; attached to Kowloon train station. Also attached to a high-end shopping mall that includes a very nice grocery store. I recommend the restaurant "Nahm" in the mall for Thai food. I plan on staying here each time I am in Hong Kong.

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I'm a bit tardy in writing my review since I stayed in June of 2010. It's a pretty new W with bay views and nearby construction sites. It is conveniently located above the airport express train and a big mall with well know brand names, restaurants, and the subway. It's location and being a loyal Starwood member are my main reasons in staying here. The Wonderful rooms are big. My only concern is the design flaw of the sliding glass shower doors - Water from the shower always leaked through underneath the shower doors. I almost slipped and fell on multiple occations. When I raised this issue with the front desk, I was told that all rooms have the same shower design. They had the relations manager to contact me about their plans in fixing the doors. I will be returning in late November to see if they had been replaced. Service is good. Breakfast was ok. There are many great restaurants in town; even the mall below have better options. Overall, if you like the W chains and you don't want to bother with lugging suitcases around, and the taxi's or buses, then this W is a great choice.

• Stayed December 2010
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Amazing hotel located about a huge shopping mall.

The hotel is always quite busy in my experience so can often be tough to get seats in the Living Room and up on the pool deck.

Love everything about this hotel but expect more children than other W's around the world.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
West Kingston, RI
Reviewed 30 October 2011

As an exhausted teacher who has been loyal to SPG for 12 years as a Platinum member, I can honestly say that when you need anything--from a pickup for my husband and me at the airport, to a room when they were all booked and our flight back to the USA was cancelled (after we had taught three weeks in 5 countries, in Asia) they are there for us. Ricky, the airport W chief manager, will meet you at baggage claim, Charlie unloaded our bags and rush us upstairs where, Amy and Sammy and Frances checked us in.

The spa for my aching body (Momma Letty) was heaven. The food is authentic and the service what you would expect. Great! Dim Sum downstairs (thanks Ben), snacks on the roof near the pool or a dinner in the hotel. The rooms and views are great. Thank you, W Hotel! I sincerely couldn't do this job without you! Seriously!

Vina del mar
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The hotel is just wonderful as every Hotel W in the World. The rooms are just wonderful, smoking is possible and is very Hi-End, you can switch your Iphone on the dock and connect the room with your music which is very nice!
The hotel is located just in Kowloon St which is just 24 mins from the Airport with Airport Express. Is well connected with the Subway and is helpful to get to nice places like Night Market, Victoria Peak and Hun Hom station.
The only problem with the hotel is the location in terms of access to the City it self ... walking distance, you have to walk all over the Mall to get out and see some of the outside Kowloon. Very recommended