- Hotel location:
W Hong Kong is located in Kowloon area. Although it is far from the city center, it is well connected by train. You have direct access from the hotel to the train station and to Kowloon Shopping Mall with a wide range of first class shops for your entertainment.
- First impression and Check in/check out process:
The hotel opened in 2008 and it still has a new and modern feeling. It is located in a huge building and the lobby is on the sixth floor. This is quite unconfortable because the lifts are not very big and we always had to wait for them. On arrival, we also had to wait at the front desk because there was a long queue for the check in proccess. This area is too small for such a big hotel and there was really big crowd of people with guests waiting for checking in, guests going in/out of their rooms, staff members...
The room was a reasonable size and had floor to celling windows with front views over the new ICC tower. This is quite a pitty because it does not let you see Victoria Bay area. It had a king size bed with a Tivoli radio, and a full equiped bathroom with a separate toilet, a shower and a bath with a television. Internet Wireless System was not free in the room and you have to go downstais to the lobby for free internet connection.
There is a big swimming pool on the hotel roof with sun loungers and good views over the area. There is also a well equiped gym and a separate sauna and relaxing room for men and women.
You can find freshly made juices and all sorts of bakery. However, service was very slow. It is a big hotel it gets crowded at peak times.
Staff members are young and some of them need more trainning. We saw a couple situations they did not manage efficiently.
It is a hotel with a young and vibrant atmosphere, but it clearly needs to improve to be considered a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W Hong Kong is innovatively designed with 393 deluxe rooms and suites, cutting edge business facilities and function space, superior recreation facilities, award winning bliss spa and high-profile “W happenings”, all of which make it the traveler’s top choice. With the opening of Sing Yin Cantonese Dining, the reputation of W Hong Kong is further cemented with the surely avant-garde offering to the Chinese art of gastronomy in Hong Kong. Together with the launch of WOOBAR, the place to see and be seen, get ready for a nonstop entertainment spree in the vibrant and energetic setting of WOOBAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your W Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- w Hotels Hong Kong
- w Hotel Hong Kong