“I want to go back again!!”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I stayed thee briefly and I wish we could stay longer coz It set such high standards, no other hotel would match up thereafter! The staff is really good and friendly and I loved the ambience with its stylish look! We had a lovely harbour view, the service was excellent and the gym and the pool are first class!! I def recommend this hotel for its location too. It's so easy to get around the city from Kowloon station. Good job guys!!

Room Tip: Take up a higher floor with harbour view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Hello Tanvi03, thank you for your great review and we hope to have you and your husband back at W Hong Kong soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,075)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Best breakfast EVER can start your day...the return "home" to the W Hong Kong is always a lift as you are greeted with that "W Vibe" that courses through the whole building...Professionalism abounds, but they do not accost with it..Through and through the W HK has that great balance of taking care of the guests needs without being overtly solicitous - from service in the Kitchen, to room service, the bar staff, concierge, maid, doorman, and bell staff - This is a place where one really feels the "Whatever/Whenever" mantra embodies all aspects of your stay. Great use of space and contemporary design in each type of room I have stayed in...The Bliss shower products are THE BEST! The W HK makes the stay portion of my travel as close to a vacation as business travel can be.

Room Tip: Just stay at the W Hong Kong, all the rooms are good...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello TomH. Making your business trip feel like a vacation is a serious accolade for any hotel! I’ll definitely pass all your wonderful comments to respective teams. Thanks again for staying with us. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have found over the last few years W Hotels in the US have started to go downhill a little bit. However, not in Asia. The expected fantastic service, high end trendy design and great ambience are very much in evidence in Hong Kong.
The highlight of our stay had to be the breakfast... Which took the usual high standard of the W to another level.
Although the Shopping Mall downstairs was full of shops that for us were great for window shopping, but not actual parting of vast amounts of cash... The mall was also home to Kowloon station, giving us easy access to both Hong Kong and Kowloon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello ProductionSimon, great to know you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular to get the good feedback about our breakfast. I’ll certainly pass your message to my team. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The Hotel is very nice decorated and the service is very good. It's mostly oriented to young customers with its own modern approach. I always apprecitaed dtaying in this hotel and this last time was even better than the previous ones, as I am starting to know th staff. I definitely suggest this Hotel for a stay in Hong Kong.

Room Tip: I would suggest this hotel for business trip and for couples looking for a romantic esscape.
1  Thank Angelo R
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hello AngeloR, thank you for your review and great to hear that you love our décor and you found our level of service to be very good. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I can't say enough good things about this property and the professionalism of the staff.

We were upgraded to a Fantastic Suite as SPG Platinum (Suite Night Award) and the views of Victoria Harbor were great. The location of the hotel itself is also very good ... convenient to shopping and quick ride over to the HK side. Also you can't beat the convenience of the Airport train dropping you literally right below the hotel, and the in town check in on the way out. The rooftop pool/hot tub is also VERY cool.

Be aware, though, of the current construction nearby, which makes walking from the hotel a bit of a chore as you need to walk around.

Two things really make this place great.

First is the staff. Every single member of staff we interacted with was extremely professional and always took ownership of whatever you brought them. Platinum status was recognized very well also. Concierge provided a great recommendation of where to eat on the HK side. The bellman even walked us through the mall with our bags and to the train check in desk. He even offered to walk with us and our carry-on bags to the train. We felt very well looked after for our whole short trip.

Second is the breakfast. It was massive and the food was of great quality with lots of food being prepared in front of you in the open kitchen. Lots of fresh juices, and great variety and quality in the hot dishes. Big thumbs up on this breakfast.

Spa experience was so-so. Fiancee felt her facial was too aggressive and caused some irritation, but it was refunded.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Hello SoundGuyDC. I very much appreciate the feedback and the W Hong Kong team, the breakfast as well as your comments on bliss spa. We will share the positive comments with the team as I am sure they will be encouraged. I also appreciate hearing your comments from your fiancé regarding the facial at our spa and we will be looking into this area accordingly. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed in a couple of W Hotels around the World but i have to say - the one in Hong Kong is much better, than the W Hotels in the States. The Service is fantastic and you always have the feeling your are welcome and not only the paying customer. I got a fantastic room overlooking the harbour. The style is fancy and the bathroom is a paradies for a relaxing bath - if you are there - please go to the pool deck - the view, the pool and the atmosphere is great. And everthing you can reach by underground or train - the train to the airport is just downstairs in the shopping mall.
Try it - you will love it !

Room Tip: Room with the view to the Harbour
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Hello tominffm, and thank you for your great review of the hotel. Please come visit again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Truly an oasis of calm and luxury right in the center of the 24/7 hustle and bustle of Hong Kong! I have stayed at the W Hong Kong a dozen times and while I have also spent my share of time in all of the the posh HK hotels over the years, the W took over as my favorite 5-star hotel in Hong Kong soon after it opened. Since then, the service has remained impeccable and the location has become, unbelievably, even more convenient as Kowloon continues to develop. Situated in west Kowloon, directly over the HK Airport Express train station and adjacent to the Elements shopping mall, the W is a mind-boggling 18 minute train ride from the airport. Many times I have disembarked my plane from NYC at 7:30 pm, whizzed through immigration, and ended up walking into my room at the W at 8 pm (I travel light and never check a bag). The wifi is great, Harbour City and the Kowloon waterfront, Star Ferry, etc., are an easy walk away or an even easier 5 minute ride on the hotel's free shuttle. Business travelers will love the proximity to the ferries up the Pearl River, the 24 hour gym, the Bliss spa, and the amazing collection of restaurants in both the hotel and the Elements mall that compliment the W's great room service. The bottom line: I still check the promo rates at all the 5-star hotels before I book, but I always end up at the W: reliably excellent service, posh amenities, rates that pass the business travel smell test, and a location just too convenient to adequately describe. By the way, when you're ready to leave HK, you can avoid the lines and chaos at Chek Lap Kok by simply checking in for your flight (including your bags) with the agents from most international airlines a couple minutes after you walk out of the W at the Airport Express train station just beneath it, a true joy when you are lugging samples from your factory business trip.

Room Tip: The Cool Corner rooms all have a pretty good view of the Hong Kong lights as well as bathtub with an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Loreli B. Thank you so much for your favorable comparison with Hong Kong’s best hotels. We are proud of our service, standards and location but not content to rest on our laurels. We are working hard to make continuous improvements here, so please come back and see us soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager