W Hong Kong
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$889
US$642
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$166
US$345
US$278
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$235
US$208
Cordis Official
Excellent 5/5
Marriott Hotels
US$182
US$155
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$463
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
4,204 results
All reviewselements mallkowloon stationbliss spawoo barairport expressbliss productscool corner roomsing yinsammy yickfabulous roomrooftop poolspg platinumconcierge teamshopping mallyour luggagefavorite hotelthe ritz carlton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We transited through Hong Kong twice during March and stayed at the W for one night on each occasion.

On the first stay I had booked a free night using SPG points. I am an SPG gold member, and prior to the stay they emailed me asking about my arrival time and letting me know they would try to upgrade me (a nice touch I thought). We took a local taxi to the hotel and upon arrival were given a very friendly welcome, even being asked about what we planned to do for the rest of the day, etc. Our room was upgraded, but I believe it was the same as the basic room, just with better views (harbour views rather than city).

The room was luxurious with nice views and I liked the modern design, but a couple of electronic features were a bit confusing initially.

We ordered room service lunch, and this was expensive at around HK$700 for a burger, a pizza and dessert. The quality of food was decent, but not great, and I expected more for the price. On that note, I should mention that any expenses incurred at the hotel seemed on the pricey side and a 10% service charge was added on to everything (room service, spa, laundry, etc).

I had heard many good things about the hotel breakfast, but it sadly did not live up to expectations. Sure it was extensive and there were some items not normally found in a standard breakfast, but it was just wasn’t as satisfying as I hoped it would be. There were also some errors in items made to order (eggs, pancakes). The staff preparing these items seemed a bit inexperienced.

On our second stay, we splurged a bit and booked the Marvellous Suite, as well as a hotel vehicle from the airport (around three times more expensive than a local taxi). We were met at the airport and sent to a hotel in an Audi Q7. Bottled water, apples and sweets were waiting for us in the vehicle and wifi was available as well. The best part of booking the hotel vehicle was our arrival at the hotel. The driver had clearly given them a heads up, and as we arrived we were surrounded by around four or five members of staff outside the hotel, including the “experience manager” who seemed fairly senior and gave us a very warm welcome. In this case, we were escorted straight up to the suite for check-in.

The suite was quite nice with excellent views, but I expected a bit more here. It seemed a bit dated compared to the standard room we had stayed in previously. Also, the sofa in the lounge area was far too hard, not comfortable at all. Many of the lights in the lounge were not working and we had to call a technician to get this sorted out. We did like the bathroom however, and they had provided full size toiletries, which was a nice touch. When checking in, they told us we were being given quite a few extras during this stay, which were highlighted in a letter. I think these were given due to us booking a suite, but I’m not sure. These extras included complimentary wifi, local calls, breakfast and afternoon tea, as well as 20% off spa treatments, and a couple of other things as well. This long list of extras was quite an unexpected surprise, and it was much appreciated!

By chance, we had already booked spa treatments for this stay, and so we were able to make use of the discount. The spa was quite nice, but similarly to the breakfast I had read many good things and expectations were high, and it didn’t quite live up to the expectations! The treatments were of a good standard and the facilities were quite nice. I wasn’t happy with the ‘BIP Suite’ for which they charged an extra HK$500, which turned out to be a pretty standard couples room. The treatments also seemed to be 5-10 minutes shorter than the claimed 75 minutes. I wondered if we had suffered somewhat due to them waiving their normal cancellation policy for us (as we were flying in the same day, I told them we may have to cancel at the last minute if the flight was delayed).

Staff were generally very helpful. Always chirpy and keen to make conversation. I really enjoyed dealing with them. In both cases, we used the airport express to head back to the airport. When checking out the porter asked about our method of transport, and both times they happily lugged our luggage all the way to the luggage check in desks in Kowloon station.

On the whole, this is a very nice hotel. A number of the negatives I have mentioned seemed to have arisen from having expectations that were too high (based on previous Tripadvisor reviews). While there are some areas where they could improve, I think the negatives were fairly minor in nature, and I would certainly consider staying here on future visits as well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello ishan23, thank you so much for taking the time to write us this comprehensive review. First off, I apologize for the defects in the room and the errors your encountered at Kitchen. We will definitely be paying more attention to the room maintenance on top of our regular checks. All of your feedback on bliss and the breakfast at Kitchen is gratefully received and will be put to constructive use. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This property is beautiful. Rooms excellent, Vegeterian options for breakfast not much so we asked the chef to customise for us, it was good but could have been much better. Service is top notch. Must Stay when in HK.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Hero415, thanks so much for choosing us for your stay. I have already discussed your breakfast comments with our Beverage and Food Director and we will try to offer more vegetarian options in future. We appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back next visit. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

My Husband I were lucky enough to stay at the W in Hong Kong for Five nights during a recent trip. It was heavenly. The room was lovely, fresh and sparkling in an upscale manner. Our days started with the most amazingly satisfying breakfast buffet where we were experimental in our choices of congee, miso, fish, stews, tea eggs, pate's, assorted meats, greens, dumplings, lotus root, fruit infused water, teas, fresh fruits and squeezed juices. Too many choices to name. The hosts, wait staff and management were incredibly thoughtful. W has created a beautiful atmosphere in a setting with a panoramic view of the harbor. During the day Sammy and the rest of the concierge staff helped us plan our outings that were filled with memorable trips to all corners of HK taking advantage of the transit boats, trains and shuttles available. In the evenings our adult Son who resides in Hong Kong would join us after work. Brendan McCormack , the Director of Beverage and Food and his Staff would accommodate our every request, while also helping us venture out into the world of Hong Kong and experience it to its fullest. Our last evening there our son ditched us for a date :) so, at the last minute we decided to stay in and eat in the Sing Yin Restaurant in a semi-private dining room. My goodness....... How do I describe how pleased we both were with our meal , service and decor? My Starwoods Point system is the single smartest travel solution I have and I am so glad that I was able to provide this deluxe accommodation for us simply through smartly using my AMEX over the last year. My now regret... I want to go back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Josie D, we’re thrilled to know that you and your entire family found the hotel up to expectations. It’s uplifting to hear Sammy, Brendan and many of the team went the extra mile to give you great memories of the hotel and the city. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 21 March 2014

When come the hotel lobby ,the lobby are small The whole hotel is very fashionable, The waiter is very handsome and young But the check in and check out the speed a bit slower, also need to check, need to wait ! Room is great, wash bath with bliss when opening the beds on the chocolate, also add the ice to the ice bucket, this is a lot of the details of the hotels are ignored All rooms are very young, the scenery is great! Next time if have a chance staying at the hotel will require the higher floors of the building Hotel is below the mall,. Many major brands have Louis Vuitton Chanel Bottage Veneta... But the hotel is also easy to go to other places, the subway station is below Can take the airport express Go to the airport only 20 minutes, can also be in the subway station for check-in This is a Excellent trip thanks W hongkong!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hello W L, thank so much for your comments and valuable feedback. A W we take great pride in delivering service which exceeds even the most discerning guests expectations so I was a disappointed to know that we failed to get some of the fundamental details right. Please accept my apologies for this and know that we are now addressing the areas you mentioned. Despite this, it’s good to know that you enjoyed your W experience in general. Please come back and visit us again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at the W Hong Kong for the 3rd time on a business trip last January and, I must say, it has yet to disappoint. The hospitality of the staff (yes, Billy stands out because he does such a great job reassuring you upon arrival that you are in good hands) is energetic, enthusiastic and authentic (how many -ics . . ?!). When they say, "whenever, whatever", they are serious! They just really win you over, on top of the impressive access and location this property has which makes it all the more user-friendly. It adjoins one of the most luxurious and self-sufficient malls in Kowloon (you don't have to go outdoors to grab your Starbucks coffee, get supplies from the grocery and pharmacy, get HKD from an ATM, shop at Gucci or get cheap(er) thrills at Zara. But the most impressive convenience is the ability to check your bags right underneath the property, so you can unburden yourself of luggage when you board that train (quicker and cheaper than taxi or other car options) to the airport. The food in-property is always fresh, carefully prepared, and if you're in the mood for a big meal, Sunday brunch is a gigantic feast unheard of in the west. The icing on top is a gorgeous (though very urban) pool and jacuzzi area on the 72nd or 76th floor, with a towering view of Kowloon and a slice of Hong Kong harbor. Thank you, W Hong Kong!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello SMcCaff2014, thank you so much for your fantastic review! It’s great to hear your experience was a good one and especially what an amazing job Billy did! We appreciate your loyalty to the W brand and will keep doing what we can to make it better. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager