“Awesome Experience @ W Hong Kong”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Awesome Experience @ W Hong Kong”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

well situated above the Kowloon station. Extremely easy to travel from HkG airport. We reached the hotel in 25 mins. The staff at the W Hong Kong are extremely friendly and we wish to specially thank the Manager and his team at the Front Desk who made our stay memorable. Our room was with a Harbour view and the view was priceless. We enjoyed every bit of our stay and would like to thank, Ms. Prudence at the Sing Yin restaurant who was extremely friendly and helpful in getting us the right food. The pillows in our room at this hotel is one of the best pillows I have experienced. Truly owe it to the Starwood brand.

I would give this hotel a 9.9 on 10 for its staff friendliness, location, cleanliness, room bed preparation, laundry and the awesome pool at the 76th floor and the gym. Check in and check out was a breeze. Would definitely stay at this hotel if I visit Hong Kong. Kowloon MTR station is one of the cleanest and the biggest stations. Our return journey was so quick that we checked in at the Kowloon station itself for Singapore airlines which has most airline check in counters. You got to stay nearest to MTR stations for travel in Hong Kong. I am so glad that I chose this location to stay in Hong Kong. Superb... !!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a harbor view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello Ramasawmy T. Great to hear what a fantastic experience you had with us! I’m so glad to know how our Welcome team and Prudence from Sing Yin gave you such a warm welcome. Thanks again for choosing us and hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Truly excellent hotel. Exactly the type of business hotel I like: very well located; very efficient staff; modern without being cold; comfortable without being ostentatious; quiet and well-equipped room; nice view from the room and elevator; excellent food choice at breakfast; simple checkout. Well done, W!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello PPMAAVM, thanks so much for your great review! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed everything at our hotel. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Born on the other side of the world, it's a bit bizarre just how much the W HK feels like home to me.

I've stayed here something like 100+ nights. Everytime is better.

Indeed there are the constants: The rooms rock, the parties and DJs never disappoint, the pool feels like Alice in Wonderland hooked up with CeeLo and Keith Richards (the cooler 80s version) and the love child went on to design swimming pools.

What gets better, always, is the service. The whole staff, from the awesome guys checking bags on the 1st floor, to the always friendly people at the check-in counter, to girl who gives the morning wake-up call (was she recruited just because her voice is spectacular?) - all take a huge effort to know me better and better.

Also, there is the great Sammy Yick (SPG team) whose face should be on PPT slides for every SPG training event worldwide with the caption, "Sammy Yick, Greatest SPG Employee Ever." Sammy seems to know more about me that I do -- what kind of rooms I prefer, food I enjoy (junk) and should be eating (vegetables), music I like, etc, etc. Every time I check into the W, she prepares a room with everything that I possibly need - without asking. She connects me with the rest of the staff, and treats my guests and I with an amazing amount of respect and friendliness. Sammy and her team are the main reason why I come back again and again to this hotel. SPG bosses: Take note of whatever she is getting paid and increase the amount 10x. Seriously, she's really an asset to your hotel - never let her go.

Thanks W friends for a great stay. See you next time -->

Max

Room Tip: Don't be a jerk to the staff!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello MAX_M, welcome back and thanks so much for your fantastic review! Sammy really does make a huge difference to many guests stays, as do many of her colleagues in our Welcome team. Thanks again for your kind note and see you next time! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Macau, China
Reviewed 20 April 2014

It well-situated just above the Kowloon MTR station with connection to ELEMENTS mall, gives you a great service environment which is not to be affected by weather. The location is already an advantage of W HONG KONG.

For staying, the hotel had accommodated my request, assigned my room at upper floor. Room was clean, W signature bed was absolutely comfortable.

Hotel facilities are in good condition; pool, changing room and jaccuzzi were attached with stunning view, it was WOW!

But I think the hotel could do a little more to elevate guest's staying experience, which is the internet. To provide a more enjoyable experience, complimentary in-room internet access is necessary nowadays. And I really hope it could be implemented in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Felix_MOK, thanks so much for all your great comments. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in general. I have taken all your feedback on board and will be doing what I can. Thanks again for sharing with us and I hope we can see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Shenzhen
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is convenient for the Airport Express, the main reason for my frequent stays is early morning departures or late arrivals on Delta, or if going to Central but not so much if your desired stomping ground is in the TST area. Exceptional staff is what sets this hotel apart from any other in the SPG chain and why it is my favorite hotel. Unfortunately, I don't often get to partake of the exceptional breakfast buffet but it is certainly one hotel meal I look forward to. Kudos to an exceptional team and if you choose this hotel you will be happy you did!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello prcmeiguoren, thanks for your review! I’m delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Do try our breakfast buffet on your next visit – it doesn’t disappoint! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Aamazing hotel, we visit here at least once a month and never disappointed. my son's 4th birthday this time and my anniversary and the team went out of the way to help make this a special time. Special cake for the kids - Romantic touches for my wife and i. Every team member from the bell desk to the exec desk is so friendly and helpful and never misses a chance to say hello and check in on how things are going. Food is always the best at the Kitchen, my kids are in heaven with all the choices.

thanks again team - we will be back next month

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Adam M, thank you so much for all your support! And a happy belated birthday to your dear son and happy anniversary! It’s very uplifting to hear what a great experience my team created for you. I’ll definitely let them know. See you next month! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The W is still as good as ever. Sadly I only had two nights this time.

The service is flawless - from the check-in to the concierge to the people working breakfast at Kitchen.

The room was perfect. I had a Cool Corner room - it was big, comfortable, and all the details are well planned. Also - the bathroom was amazing, including the rainfall shower.

The pool deck and staff are also fantastic.

Am looking forward to returning for a longer time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hello NeilS, it’s wonderful to know your stays with us are great so far! We hope to welcome you back again soon, hopefully for a longer time! Thanks for your review! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager