“What a great experience and incredible hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #10 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Los Angeles, California
“What a great experience and incredible hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience at the W Hong Kong I would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience Hong Kong and all its beauty

Ada ,the hotel operations manager was wonderful and took care of everything that we could possibly need thanks again and we will be back in October to celebrate our marriage and honeymoon on our way to Paris we can not miss staying at the W Hong Kong and enjoying Hong Kong Heehee crab restaurant :)

Give my kind regards to Peter and Billy the concierges who made our trip memorable to Macau and the walk up to the Macau Temple and to Stanley Ho house !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Michael B, thank you so much for your fantastic review. Fabulous to know you enjoyed your stay with us and I’ll definitely pass on your kind words to Peter and Billy. We look forward to seeing you again in October! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at E-wow suite for the pre-and-post wedding night; hosting the after-party there too. I was really impressed - the room's capacity was huge, and the decor was interesting, making for many talking points. We particularly loved the LED-underlit table, giving a starlight effect. I've stayed at the top suites in the Peninsula and Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong in the last 12 months, and I found the service to be highly competitive with my expectations set by these other hotel giants. In particular, the concierge bent over backwards to accomodate a number of quite difficult requests for large numbers. I had 10 rooms worth of family staying over - everyone raved about the service and the rooms. Compared to my other hotel experiences; its certainly more contemporary, but for a lively party gathering, its just perfect. The huge jacuzzi can comfortably fit 6 people, and the view was quite amazing. Overally - highly recommended from myself, bride and family!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Christopher S, thank you so much for the great feedback and congratulations on your wedding. As one of Starwood’s luxury brands we certainly pride ourselves in offering service levels in line with the other hotel brands you have mentioned, and I think sometimes our “Whatever / Whenever” commitment drives us to go beyond. Thanks again for choosing us and we hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I’ve stayed here previously but not for a couple of years as it’s hard to justify the higher room tariff but I was only here for one night and had a meeting in town so needed some place somewhere close to the MTR and Quarry Bay.

The W-Hong Kong follows along the W theme of all of them being somewhat different in design but always having something different, sometimes kitsch and sometimes downright weird but always interesting.

First piece of advice, you’ll be told that the hotel is above the Elements shopping centre, which it is, and that the Kowloon Airport Express station is directly beneath the Elements shopping centre, which it is. What they don’t tell you, is how you get to the hotel from the station.
There are escalators going up to Elements and there’s a lift going up. Don’t take the lift as this takes you above the shopping centre to outside, from where to get to the hotel, you need to walk around an uncovered area to find the hotel entrance which is pretty much un-posted and difficult to find! The reason why I took the lift instead of the escalator was because I was carrying three pieces of luggage so had these on one of the MTR’s baggage trollies so I couldn’t take this up the escalator. It happened to be raining when I was outside looking for the hotel entrance which added to my frustration and discomfort in addition to adding to how late I was going to be for my meeting!

Once in the hotel, it was fine and the service was great! I was upgraded to a suite but not the same one that I had previously and was smaller and I felt somewhat similar to a labyrinth. In particular, behind the desk was a floor to ceiling window and every time I turned around at the desk, the mirror reflected my movement and my reflection made me feel as if there was someone behind me!

The view of the harbour was particularly pleasant though and was perhaps the best aspect of this room.

Once again, the W hotels like to be just a little different and their shopping bags were shiny metallic silver with a blue lining making them something special!

Would I stay there again? Probably, and it would depend on what the tariff was at the time.

Room Tip: As mentioned, I felt the design of this suite was a little higgle-de-piggledy with the mirrored wall...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Hello RayC888, thanks very much for your comprehensive review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay on the whole. You will be pleased to know we have worked hard for the past year with the Elements mall and complex management and have had some success in improving directional signage to the hotel at the open air uncovered area, but you are absolutely correct in advising travellers that this is not the best way to access the hotel. We place a huge focus on ensuring we record guests preferences and personalise their stays accordingly, so if you could be in contact with me directly via ww.hk@whotels.com to let me know you name and dates of stay, we will ensure you are not assigned the same suite type on future stays. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We recently stayed at the W in Hong Kong and loved every minute of our 4 days there.The hotel is close to the shops but far enough away that you feel relaxed looking out over the water.From the moment we arrived and were greeted warmly by all the staff (and there are many !) we felt at home- everything just seemed to happen so smoothly and without a problem -they thought of everything before we had ! The room was spacious and modern and well appointed and the bathroom had a separate toilet and a bath and the shower was huge with an overhead shower and a hand held one.One afternoon we rang and asked for the batteries in the tv remote to be changed and before we had turned around someone was at the door and he was done and gone in about 3 minutes !! It is above the Elements mall with all the designer shops and also the subway so everything is at your fingertips. We were surprised when the guy on the door addressed us by name 24 hours after we had arrived !! We voted it the Best Hotel in the world after travelling in Europe for 6 weeks !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara P
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Hello Barbara P, it’s wonderful to know what a great stay you had! We’re so flattered by your comments and will use them as encouragement in our ongoing quest for continuous improvement. Thanks for letting me know how fabulous my teams were in going the extra mile, I will definitely pass them your appreciation. Hope to see you again! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

First of all tho hotel is so convenient. its right on top of Hong Kong express ad the elements shopping mall. staff was excellent. breakfast was one of the best i tried. the only down side is that it dose not have a harbour view

Room Tip: Don't need an airport pick up use the express train
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Rumaih, great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! As for the rooms, we do have different views for various room types. It would be if you can let us know all your preferences by sending me a mail to w.hk@whotels.com, so that we can ensure you will have a better experience on your next visit. Thanks very much for your support! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

The rooms are clean and very spacious. The amenities in the bathroom are amazing (from the spa brand Bliss). The design is very modern, very chic. One of the best part of staying at the W is the convenience. It is attached to a mall with several great restaurants, a cinema, a supermarket and most importantly, a subway station. It is a cheaper alternative to the pricey Disney hotels and i would recommend staying here if going to Hong Kong Disneyland. The subway takes you there in less than 10 minutes. There is also a taxi service if required and the service is absolutely amazing. I have been to Hong Kong several times and the W is the newest, cleanest, and most spacious. The views of the harbor are very nice. The only thing that I have to complain about is the Wi-fi, which is not free, and sometimes quite slow.

Room Tip: pick one facing the harbor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle L
Hello Michelle L, thanks very much for your wonderful review. We’re thrilled that you find all our services up to your expectation! As for the wi-fi, we actually have another alternative for you – our ‘handy’ smartphones! They’re free to use and take out to your Hong Kong adventure! It has free 3G internet service, social media connections and even city guides. Check it out when you’re here next time. Thanks again for choosing us! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The W is just super convenient and allows you to get a lot done if you're using public transportation. Being right above the Elements mall is also very convenient. I had a spectacular room, I think, in any case it was great to have a 'handy' (basically a free loaner smartphone). Free local calls and unlimited data in a very intuitive android phone with a big screen. Getting real time google maps is unbelievably useful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello Candise T, we’re thrilled to know what a great stay you had with us and very pleased to know you loved our ‘handy’ smartphone! If you didn’t try it out this time, please check out the pre-installed “pressreader” app from which you can read thousands of daily newspapers and various magazines from around the world – all for free on you ‘handy’ device. Hotel guests can also download the pressreader app onto their own devices and have access throughout their stay. Kind regards, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager