“Poppiges Hotel mit perfekter ÖPNV-Anbindung”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 June 2014

For our stay at Hong Kong this time we chose W Hotel to have a new try and all in all me and my partner were both very excited although we had a "cold start".
We ordere "romantic package" which should include late check-out at 4pm. But at check-in they told us that late check-out is not available at this time. Well I book and pay that package for this option and they tell us it's not possible? In the end they agreed and late check-out at 4pm was ok.

The rooms, we had Marvellous Suite and Wonderful Room, were both just perfect and even the ordinary rooms are great in size and view!
Buffet Breakfast is recommendable and rich and sure everyone will find something for her/his taste.

What I really liked at this hotel is the direct way to the Airport Express which is in Kowloon station just some meter through an underground shopping Mall.
The link to AE and metro system was very important for me, as it was simply too hot and wet to walk around a lot in HKG.

Unfortunately the direct view to Victoria Harbor is blocked by ICC but therefore you pay much higher prices at the Ritz Carlton over there.

Room Tip: as there are no room with direct view to Victoria harbor, you can chose any room for enjoying the vi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello Kowabar, thank you so much for your review. As for the romantic package, I apologize for the confusion regarding availability of the late check-out and we will be sure to be more clear in our communication in future. It’s great to know you enjoyed your trip on the whole though. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,069)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stay at the W HK once or twice a year, and I've always been very happy with the hotel itself and the excellent service there. But it was a very pleasant surprise last time to find myself greeted by name as I stepped off the elevator, even though it had been six months since my last stay. The W always provides a high level of personal service, but this was above my expectations.
The location of the hotel is not ideal if you want to walk anywhere, but the combination of being above the Airport Express and MTR stations, and being part of a large shopping mall with many restaurants make it an excellent place for a business traveller.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello Academic47, thanks so much for your review and I was pleased to know we recognized you upon arrival! Please come back again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed there for 3 weeks for work. All the staff were so attentive and helpful all the time. We also hosted an event there and everything was flawless. It's easy to get a cab to and from there, the breakfast buffet is spectacular and the rooms aside from comfortable and well-designed are spotless. They even had a small cheesecake sent up to my room for my birthday, I would strongly recommend it. Oh and Wednesday nights at the hotel bar, they have an amazing wine buffet, great place to meet people! Thank you everyone at the W Hong Kong!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello BCGuerra, it’s fabulous to hear how everything went so wonderfully during your stay and we are glad your event went so well! Thanks so much for your great comments and I’ll definitely share them with my team. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good location above Kowloon MTR station makes this an easy option if coming in on the Airport Express from HKG. Have stayed here 3 times in the last year and depending on your arrival time it can be a bit of 'pedestrian slalom course' navigating the shopping centre concourse with luggage if it is peak shopping time. The rooms are excellent with modern amenities and the service is in the top tier of service from the 10+ hotels I have been to in HK.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hello SoCalApproach, thanks very much for your praise. It’s such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find our location above the airport express to be convenient. Even better to know you found our service top notch. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel itself was very nice. I met my wife in the Lobby bar on the 6th floor. Quite good, it was a Saturday mid-day, good crowd. A good sized drinks menu.

Went up to the room. Very nicely laid out with a pretty nice view of the Stonecutters area of the HK Harbour.

I was please with the modern amenities, nice shower stall, well laid out bathroom.

I was only there for one night. Not the greatest location for a week of tourism as it is not really a walk in walk out location for Kowloon but being that I was only there for a night and I've seen plenty of HK before it was ok. Located directly above the Elements shopping mall with attached Megabox movie theatre and lots of dining choices it was good enough for me.

Oh and the bed! So very comfy!
Service was good too.

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello Bob C. Great to know you appreciated the features and facilities of the hotel and had a good night’s sleep on our Signature W bed. Your comments on location are certainly true if guests wish to walk out and be in the thick of Hong Kong’s hustle and bustle. We hope our convenience to the airport and Hong Kong Island somewhat compensated. Thanks for taking the time to write and we hope to welcome you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Most of the W hotels I've stayed in outside of the US have been great. The W Hong Kong is no exception.

Great rooms with magnificent views over Victoria Harbour to watch the sunset in the evening. Not sure if all rooms have this view or if we got a good one with SPG status.

The service at the main restaurant was very poor but the food was good. On top of this, I witnessed the head chef (a european guy) shouting terribly at the Asian staff. This was a very strange thing to see and smacked of a bygone era.

The pool is fun, so bring your swimming costume.

This is a great place to stay if you want a good night's sleep in a great location.

Room Tip: The view of Victoria Harbour is spectacular
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello KerryWilliams56. Fabulous to know you enjoyed your stay in general, but I must say I was disturbed to hear of you witnessing the treatment of our talent by the member of culinary management at Kitchen restaurant during your October 2013 stay. This style of communication is certainly not part of our culture at the hotel and is obviously no way to get the best out of a team. Several months ago the individual concerned left our hotel and we now have another European gentleman working with us who is an equally talented chef but has a far more collaborative management style. We work through teams here and leadership styles have a huge effect on the satisfaction and motivation of our talent which is in turn felt by our guests. I believe you will feel the improvements we have made both in the quality and consistency of the service at Kitchen restaurant as well as the food served when you next visit. Thank you very much for the feedback. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place is home away of home, a big 10, all aspects, it is an easy trip from the airport an dthe whole experience starts at the train station !!!! It is truly a 5 stars and deserves it...keep the good work people

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Andres S, and thanks for your encouraging review. I will share with the team and believe me it means a lot to them to get such feedback. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager