“Skyhigh and Fabulous”

Toronto, Canada
“Skyhigh and Fabulous”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stay at W Hong Kong on 06/21/2014 to 06/22/2014
Prime location, top of Kowloon Station and the big mall.
The Hotel is perfect, the Service provided is ok.
Easy to go to this hotel from Hong kong Airport just take the airport express till Kowloon station.
At the top of the Kowloon station is connecting to the mall with a lot of shopping and restaurant and also connecting to the W Hong Kong.
Recommended for who visiting Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlbertSiauw
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Albertusgunur, we’re delighted to hear how your find our location convenient, thanks for recommending us. Hope to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the w hotel in Hong Kong in August 2013 for a few days on a business conference. Great hotel with fantastic facilities and service. Very easy to get to down town and the airport. It is pricey but different to other its class hotels in Hong Kong. Worth a look if you like a more quirky but elegant style of hotel.

Room Tip: Take a dip on the roof pool. Worth the view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello Rma123, thanks very much for your positive comments, ! We loved your description of us “quirky but elegant style”. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
London
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first time in Hong Kong, and it hopefully won't be my last. I love this place...!!

I liked the W a lot too.

I checked in after a long flight from Melbourne, and thankfully it was a quick and easy process.
I arrived at the hotel in the dark, so I couldn't see anything out of my window. In the morning I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a nice view.

My room was fabulous, and the bathroom was superb.
The room had remote controlled curtains, a superbly stocked mini-bar and plenty of other mod cons too.

The choice a Breakfast was almost too much. If you're not able to find something you like I will be amazed.

The Swimming Pool is fabulous. It's on the roof about 70 floors up, and there is a spa located on the floor below.

There's a nice bar in the lobby too.

The hotel is connected to a shopping centre, and the airport train stops almost under the hotel too.

It's worth popping over to the Ritz Carlton Hotel, (next door), and going up to their rooftop bar - Ozone - for a drink or three. They claim to be the highest bar in the world, but I'm not so sure. That said it's still an impressive view...!!

In amongst all this positive I do have one gripe with the W.
I booked my room via Expedia, and I don't understand why Starwood properties seem to hate this so much.
I have an SPG Gold card, and normally this would get me free WiFi. It didn't on this trip because I'd booked with Expedia.
It's petty Starwood..... Get it sorted...!!
If you want me to book direct on your own website make it so I can do so in my own currency, and fully understand the all in price at the time of booking.

Rant over.....

If I'm back in Hong Kong I will happily stay at the W again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelling_Scot_10
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello Travelling_Scot_10, we’re over the moon to hear how fabulous your time with us was! I understand your comments about booking channels and I will be sure to share your comments with our corporate office where decisions like this are made. For any future visits please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel via w.hk@whotels.com email address and we can make your reservation for you and ensure all your SPG membership benefits are extended. Thanks again and come visit again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Rarely do you find hotels such as the W Hong Kong. I have stayed there many times in the last few years and it never disappoints. Located over the MTR in Kowloon its a great spot for business or pleasure.

A mix of great service, fantastic rooms and brilliant food and beverage. The rooms are amazing, very W, with all the special W touches, and the design of the hotel is fantastic. Breakfast at the Kitchen is a must and drinks the bar in the afternoon a must do.

The team at W Hong Kong know how to look after you - so do yourself a favour and get there on your next HK trip!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello ShanghaiPatty, thank you very much for your great words, they’re very uplifting. I especially like your last line – a great recommendation indeed! Thanks again and hope to see you again real soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a lot of W hotels before and the W hotel in Hong Kong is fantastic. The rooms, the service, the food and the location were all great.
We had three rooms and there really isn't a bad view in the hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed and the beds are very comfortable.
The concierge contacted us in advance of trip and helped make dining recommendations as well as making sure we had everything that we needed prior to arriving.
Hats off to the General Manager because the staff at this hotel are top notch. We were visiting Hong Kong as a family and usually were dressed in 'tourist' clothing and we were never made to feel anything but comfortable.
The location is perfect. Close to all of the shopping areas, the subway runs through the building and the views of the Hong Kong skyline are superb.
The only thing we wish we had was more time to enjoy he hotel. We were only there 2 nights and wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed June 2014
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello JStewartFI and thank you for your very complimentary review. The team and I will be doing our best to live up to the high expectations your review will have created! Hope to have you back with us again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The lobby of this hotel and pool make the entire hotel AWESOME. It's fun to be in such a hip hotel when most of the hotels in Hong Kong are more fancy and old school. The drinks and appetizer specials at the bar are awesome. One downside is the location as it isn't that close to downtown Kowloon but is only a short MTR or taxi ride to there and HK Island.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Shelliu. Great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! Indeed with just a short ride on the subway or taxi, you can reach everywhere in Hong Kong very easily. Thanks for your feedback and hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Finland
Reviewed 20 June 2014

For our stay at Hong Kong this time we chose W Hotel to have a new try and all in all me and my partner were both very excited although we had a "cold start".
We ordere "romantic package" which should include late check-out at 4pm. But at check-in they told us that late check-out is not available at this time. Well I book and pay that package for this option and they tell us it's not possible? In the end they agreed and late check-out at 4pm was ok.

The rooms, we had Marvellous Suite and Wonderful Room, were both just perfect and even the ordinary rooms are great in size and view!
Buffet Breakfast is recommendable and rich and sure everyone will find something for her/his taste.

What I really liked at this hotel is the direct way to the Airport Express which is in Kowloon station just some meter through an underground shopping Mall.
The link to AE and metro system was very important for me, as it was simply too hot and wet to walk around a lot in HKG.

Unfortunately the direct view to Victoria Harbor is blocked by ICC but therefore you pay much higher prices at the Ritz Carlton over there.

Room Tip: as there are no room with direct view to Victoria harbor, you can chose any room for enjoying the vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Kowabar, thank you so much for your review. As for the romantic package, I apologize for the confusion regarding availability of the late check-out and we will be sure to be more clear in our communication in future. It’s great to know you enjoyed your trip on the whole though. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager