“Great location and excellent services”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
leally
“Great location and excellent services”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

W hong kong's services have always been really good. Stayed there mainly for work. Location is fantastic - you can catch airport express and it goes there directly stopping at Kowloon station. The station is linked with hotels, shopping malls, ICC and heaps of restaurants. It is not a typical five star hotel though as it really is quite groovy rather than classically luxurious like the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank leally
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello Leally, thanks very much for your review. Indeed, our hotel does have a very unique and groovy image, so glad you love it! Can’t wait to see you again! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, so this review is a consolidation of my experiences.

Firstly, before I arrive, I completely exploit the Whatever-Whenever service. They have never disappointed me. Whether it is to get into a private club or to recommend the right kind of restaurant, they do it and they do it with care and attention. I love that.

I don't know exactly how they do it, but the staff greet me by name. I mean the doormen, the concierge staff and the restaurant staff.

The staff are incredibly focussed on pleasing. When I say this, I do so in the context of me being fussy and demanding. On the day of writing this, I asked them to cut up a Durian and bring it to my room. I could tell that this was not something that they were keen to do, as Durian are generally banned in the hotel, but they just couldn't say no to me. They also went out of their way to create cooking lessons for me to make xiaolongbao with their Mandarin speaking chef.

The rooms are well appointed. High-tech, comfortable and have amazing Bliss products in the bathroom. The mini-bar has interesting healthy products and a great selection of snacks. Beds are perfect and I love the view from the rooms of the busy working harbour.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is above Kowloon station and next to the Elements department store.

There is a lovely pool on the roof where they have BBQ's most nights. Sing Ying is a great Cantonese restaurant.

I would completely recommend this place to even the fussiest traveller. I can't speak highly enough about the staff.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doronski
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Doronski, thanks for your comprehensive review! We’re super thrilled to know how our W Insider Charlie Lin and the entire team gave you such an extraordinary experience. Our mission is to deliver Whatever you need Whenever you need it so good to hear your comments! Thanks again for staying us all these times! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed twice in the last month and had an amazing time at the W HK.

Check in was efficient, personal and caring by Sammy Yick who looked after my stay both times and felt like they really appreciate their loyal SPG members.

Room was farely large for HK standard with a lovely view and an amazing bed! I woke up every morning feeling completely refreshed.

Tried their spa and pool area which was top notch and relaxing.

Some people think that the location is little off but i think W has the best location in HK. You can get away from busy streets in HK but linked with kowloon station which will take you across the main island in few minutes. Not to mention it is also linked with elements mall where you can shop/eat and watch a movie at your convenience.

There was a minor hiccup with the housekeeping at one stage but Simon Ng followed up with the incident immediately and resolved to my satisfaction. I truely believe that incident does not reflect their standards and i can't wait to go back.

Thank you for your great hospitality!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello gun2053, thank you so much for your review! Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear how Sammy and Simon looked after you so well, they are valued talent so I will be sure that they hear your review. Thanks again for coming and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stay at W Hong Kong on 06/21/2014 to 06/22/2014
Prime location, top of Kowloon Station and the big mall.
The Hotel is perfect, the Service provided is ok.
Easy to go to this hotel from Hong kong Airport just take the airport express till Kowloon station.
At the top of the Kowloon station is connecting to the mall with a lot of shopping and restaurant and also connecting to the W Hong Kong.
Recommended for who visiting Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlbertSiauw
Hello Albertusgunur, we’re delighted to hear how your find our location convenient, thanks for recommending us. Hope to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the w hotel in Hong Kong in August 2013 for a few days on a business conference. Great hotel with fantastic facilities and service. Very easy to get to down town and the airport. It is pricey but different to other its class hotels in Hong Kong. Worth a look if you like a more quirky but elegant style of hotel.

Room Tip: Take a dip on the roof pool. Worth the view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello Rma123, thanks very much for your positive comments, ! We loved your description of us “quirky but elegant style”. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
London
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was my first time in Hong Kong, and it hopefully won't be my last. I love this place...!!

I liked the W a lot too.

I checked in after a long flight from Melbourne, and thankfully it was a quick and easy process.
I arrived at the hotel in the dark, so I couldn't see anything out of my window. In the morning I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a nice view.

My room was fabulous, and the bathroom was superb.
The room had remote controlled curtains, a superbly stocked mini-bar and plenty of other mod cons too.

The choice a Breakfast was almost too much. If you're not able to find something you like I will be amazed.

The Swimming Pool is fabulous. It's on the roof about 70 floors up, and there is a spa located on the floor below.

There's a nice bar in the lobby too.

The hotel is connected to a shopping centre, and the airport train stops almost under the hotel too.

It's worth popping over to the Ritz Carlton Hotel, (next door), and going up to their rooftop bar - Ozone - for a drink or three. They claim to be the highest bar in the world, but I'm not so sure. That said it's still an impressive view...!!

In amongst all this positive I do have one gripe with the W.
I booked my room via Expedia, and I don't understand why Starwood properties seem to hate this so much.
I have an SPG Gold card, and normally this would get me free WiFi. It didn't on this trip because I'd booked with Expedia.
It's petty Starwood..... Get it sorted...!!
If you want me to book direct on your own website make it so I can do so in my own currency, and fully understand the all in price at the time of booking.

Rant over.....

If I'm back in Hong Kong I will happily stay at the W again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelling_Scot_10
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello Travelling_Scot_10, we’re over the moon to hear how fabulous your time with us was! I understand your comments about booking channels and I will be sure to share your comments with our corporate office where decisions like this are made. For any future visits please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel via w.hk@whotels.com email address and we can make your reservation for you and ensure all your SPG membership benefits are extended. Thanks again and come visit again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Rarely do you find hotels such as the W Hong Kong. I have stayed there many times in the last few years and it never disappoints. Located over the MTR in Kowloon its a great spot for business or pleasure.

A mix of great service, fantastic rooms and brilliant food and beverage. The rooms are amazing, very W, with all the special W touches, and the design of the hotel is fantastic. Breakfast at the Kitchen is a must and drinks the bar in the afternoon a must do.

The team at W Hong Kong know how to look after you - so do yourself a favour and get there on your next HK trip!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello ShanghaiPatty, thank you very much for your great words, they’re very uplifting. I especially like your last line – a great recommendation indeed! Thanks again and hope to see you again real soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager