“Outstanding experience in Live.”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #10 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding experience in Live.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staying at W Hong Kong it’s one of the best experiences in our lives and makes us have a higher standard for the other hotels and stays. The check in is exclusive in the SPG Platinum members area, the facilities are outstanding as the rooms; the beautiful pool at the roof and the breakfast room. The service is friendly, helpful and natural, specifically Sammy Yick (SPG Specialist) , who makes us feel with support all the time and welcome, all the SPG hotels around the world should send the guests managers to learn with Sammy and with the srevice at the W.

Room Tip: All the rooms are Excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello hugo M, thank you very much for your great review. It’s such an honor to be one of your best experiences in your lives! We’ll certainly strive harder to make sure you’ll have an even better stay next time you’re here! I will be sure to share your positive comments with Sammy, we are lucky to have her on the team. See you soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

W Hong Kong is a home away from home. I have visited Hong Kong at least ten times over the past few years and have regularly, and eagerly, returned to W. The rooms and facilities are consistently fresh and invigorating, and appeal to colleagues, friends and my mother alike! I am regularly welcomed by staff who remember my drink or meal order, even if I haven't visited for months.

The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, so much so that I am ordering one myself. The WET deck and the gym offer excellent facilities with a view of the harbour that obviously cannot be matched from properties on the Island itself. Although the food does not rate as highly as elsewhere in Hong Kong, it is perhaps one of the most competitive foodie cities in the world - but this should not dissuade would-be diners. It is often said that the mark of a fine culinary technician involves elevating the simple things - try their club sandwich (especially after a big night out!)

I have regularly been checked into my room within an hour of landing, and checking out is a breeze with friendly and helpful reception and porter staff. From time to time I have had issues with room allocations, but those have been quickly and easily remedied upon alerting hotel staff to the problem, who are always pleasant and happy to assist. Hospitality is, after all, a human endeavour, and staff do not know the issues patrons face unless and until they are informed so that the issue can be fixed.

I routinely recommend W Hong Kong to friends and colleagues who visit Hong Kong for the first time. W is not your standard, run-of-the-mill hotel. It is fun and vibrant and whimsical. For those who delight in that notion, your expectations will be readily exceeded. For those who reject the idea, the very nature of the hotel will defy your desires. I am yet, however, to encounter someone who hasn't been seduced by the thrill of W Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Justin C, thank you for such positive words, it is great to hear that overall you have had such positive experiences whilst staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future, thanks again for sharing with us your views. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
leally
Reviewed 6 July 2014

W hong kong's services have always been really good. Stayed there mainly for work. Location is fantastic - you can catch airport express and it goes there directly stopping at Kowloon station. The station is linked with hotels, shopping malls, ICC and heaps of restaurants. It is not a typical five star hotel though as it really is quite groovy rather than classically luxurious like the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank leally
Hello Leally, thanks very much for your review. Indeed, our hotel does have a very unique and groovy image, so glad you love it! Can’t wait to see you again! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, so this review is a consolidation of my experiences.

Firstly, before I arrive, I completely exploit the Whatever-Whenever service. They have never disappointed me. Whether it is to get into a private club or to recommend the right kind of restaurant, they do it and they do it with care and attention. I love that.

I don't know exactly how they do it, but the staff greet me by name. I mean the doormen, the concierge staff and the restaurant staff.

The staff are incredibly focussed on pleasing. When I say this, I do so in the context of me being fussy and demanding. On the day of writing this, I asked them to cut up a Durian and bring it to my room. I could tell that this was not something that they were keen to do, as Durian are generally banned in the hotel, but they just couldn't say no to me. They also went out of their way to create cooking lessons for me to make xiaolongbao with their Mandarin speaking chef.

The rooms are well appointed. High-tech, comfortable and have amazing Bliss products in the bathroom. The mini-bar has interesting healthy products and a great selection of snacks. Beds are perfect and I love the view from the rooms of the busy working harbour.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It is above Kowloon station and next to the Elements department store.

There is a lovely pool on the roof where they have BBQ's most nights. Sing Ying is a great Cantonese restaurant.

I would completely recommend this place to even the fussiest traveller. I can't speak highly enough about the staff.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doronski
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello Doronski, thanks for your comprehensive review! We’re super thrilled to know how our W Insider Charlie Lin and the entire team gave you such an extraordinary experience. Our mission is to deliver Whatever you need Whenever you need it so good to hear your comments! Thanks again for staying us all these times! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed twice in the last month and had an amazing time at the W HK.

Check in was efficient, personal and caring by Sammy Yick who looked after my stay both times and felt like they really appreciate their loyal SPG members.

Room was farely large for HK standard with a lovely view and an amazing bed! I woke up every morning feeling completely refreshed.

Tried their spa and pool area which was top notch and relaxing.

Some people think that the location is little off but i think W has the best location in HK. You can get away from busy streets in HK but linked with kowloon station which will take you across the main island in few minutes. Not to mention it is also linked with elements mall where you can shop/eat and watch a movie at your convenience.

There was a minor hiccup with the housekeeping at one stage but Simon Ng followed up with the incident immediately and resolved to my satisfaction. I truely believe that incident does not reflect their standards and i can't wait to go back.

Thank you for your great hospitality!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello gun2053, thank you so much for your review! Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear how Sammy and Simon looked after you so well, they are valued talent so I will be sure that they hear your review. Thanks again for coming and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stay at W Hong Kong on 06/21/2014 to 06/22/2014
Prime location, top of Kowloon Station and the big mall.
The Hotel is perfect, the Service provided is ok.
Easy to go to this hotel from Hong kong Airport just take the airport express till Kowloon station.
At the top of the Kowloon station is connecting to the mall with a lot of shopping and restaurant and also connecting to the W Hong Kong.
Recommended for who visiting Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlbertSiauw
Hello Albertusgunur, we’re delighted to hear how your find our location convenient, thanks for recommending us. Hope to welcome you back soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at the w hotel in Hong Kong in August 2013 for a few days on a business conference. Great hotel with fantastic facilities and service. Very easy to get to down town and the airport. It is pricey but different to other its class hotels in Hong Kong. Worth a look if you like a more quirky but elegant style of hotel.

Room Tip: Take a dip on the roof pool. Worth the view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hello Rma123, thanks very much for your positive comments, ! We loved your description of us “quirky but elegant style”. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager