“expensive, but you get what you paid for”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 August 2014

W hotel is located very near the Kowloon MTR/airport express station which makes it very convenient to get around. Shopping heavens like Kowloon and TST are also a taxi ride (approx 40 hkd) away, or you can also opt to take the hotel shuttle bus to TST. The hotel is located right inside the gigantic high-end ELEMENTS shopping mall so there is always things to do.

In terms of hotel amenities, W hotel has its own restaurants, bar, roof-top swimming pool with a view to boast, and also its own spa and gym. wifi was provided in common areas but you would have to pay if you want it in your room.

When I reached there were friendly hotel staff helping me with the luggage and check-in. My room was a big and beautiful room overlooking the harbour, and i was blown away by the beautiful interior. The bath area is equipped with a standing shower area, a bathtub (with tv), and the toilet area. The sink area had a magnifying mirror, hairdryer, and all the basic items like shampoo, soap, facial cleanser and more. I noticed that they were not the unbranded kinds seen in other hotels but they were all from the brand BLISS, and i really adored the smell. I liked the digital weighing scale as well.

The cupboard had many hangers, and even a iron and ironing board. My room came with a nice and comfy king sized bed, and a big flat screen tv with many tv channels. I was surprised to find the fridge stocked up with all sorts of drinks (not free of course), and there was even a mini wine bar hidden in the cupboards. There was also a mini snack box filled with many tempting items. For those without spare money to spend, you can always help yourself to the 2 free bottles of mineral drinking water, or brew your own tea/coffee with the flask with the free bags of coffee and tea. What was interesting for me was that there were 3 lighting options for the room - day (all lights were on), night (dimmer environment) and then dream (all lights off). This saved me the trouble of going around the room and choosing lights to leave on during the night.

Room service was prompt. The food I ordered always came within 30 minutes, and the clothes I sent for laundry came back nice and fresh within the day itself. I also loved the personal written notes on the first, 2nd and last day of my stay, and also the free chocolates that were given daily. On the day that I checked out I was also able to leave my luggage with the counter.

So all in all I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who has a budget to spare :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hello bluedew and thanks for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. We’re delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and services at the hotel during your stay. Regarding the wi-fi, we currently don’t offer free in-room wifi, but we do offer it free in public areas and we have also recently placed an in-room “handy” mobile device in all rooms which offers complimentary unlimited local calls as well as 3G Internet. We hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

One of the best W Hotels I've stayed in and super easy to get to from the Airport (Kowloon Station) though more signage to the hotel after alighting from the Airport Express would be a big help. Front desk staff was very warm and efficient and were able to get me an upgraded Cool Corner room despite it being a last minute booking.

Room was spacious, modern and had great views of the harbor. I was pleasantly surprised to find a mobile phone with FREE 3G and local calls. Great for exploring the city and not having to worry about getting lost.

Sadly I had a connection to catch the next day so I did not get to enjoy the facilities to the fullest. However for the time I was at the W I enjoyed every moment of it. The only downside is I've noticed that prices have been rising rapidly (due to popularity), so it can cost a pretty penny to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hello oogles1 and we’re overjoyed to be one of your favourite W Hotels! At W Hong Kong, we strive to provide the utmost quality service and facilities to our guest and the “Handy” mobile is one of the recent features implemented to assist during your stay. We hope our efforts at continuous improvement will ensure we continue to offer value to our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have really enjoyed our stay at the W Hotel! Not only it has fabulous interiors but an excellent customer service.

We were treated really warm and kind by the staff. Their professionalism and warm hospitality was definitely a highlight during our stay in Hong Kong.

I was with my family and we really enjoyed the hotel facilities and we have been positive surprise about the attention for products gluten free and all the staff was very well trained also about gluten free products.

Me and my wife are intolerant to gluten and usually is a problem to have healthy breakfast but we were positive surprise that there was a corner with gluten free products and the chefs prepared some dishes gluten free upon request.

We definitely loved the experience and as we will be back often to Hong Kong for pleasure and business for sure we will be happy to choose again W.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hello AndreaP, thank you so much for the great feedback! As one of Starwood’s luxury brands we certainly pride ourselves in offering customized service and our “Whatever / Whenever” commitment drives us to go beyond. Thank you for believing in us. We definitely looking forward to your return. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

If you are looking for excitement, in a city that has no limits..... This is a hotel for you!!! You feel like a rock star the minute you walk into the hotel, the rooms are typical W (trendy with some minimalism inside) but the whole atmosphere feels great!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello MrMarcoPolo, Thank you for your uplifting comments, I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My SPG gold (now platinum) membership was well recognised by the hotel. Other than the usual perks, they gave me a "daily surprise" everyday of my 7-day stay.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend harbour view rooms, as I could watch amazing sunrise and sunset everyday.

Hotel location is excellent - less than 3 mins walk to underground and Airport Express, and there are plenty of cabs outside hotel. They also offer a free shuttle bus to the shopping malls on Canton Road, although the hotel itself is located at the Elements Shopping Mall (not only with plenty of shops but also cafes and restaurants, and a cinema).

Lastly, I must commend their staff, esp the 2 porters who helped me with my suitcases (4 luggages and 4 handcarry bags) during check-in and out. They were very professional, courteous and patient (apparently, it took some time to move all the bags into or out of my room as they were altogether over 100 kg).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Hello Miss_Cheung, thanks for your comprehensive review! We’re thrilled to know our welcome ambassadors and the entire team gave you such an extraordinary experience. Our brand promise is to deliver Whatever you want Whenever you want it so good to hear your comments! Thanks again for staying with us all these times! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Absolutely amazing IN hotel with a great suite. The Bath room with see view, spa and 40' B&O screen, the drinks and special champagne etc...
A must, if you visit HK with a teenager! - and also alone! Perfect service, design furniture and everything up to date.

Room Tip: A suite with two bedrooms, dining and a living room is Perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Mek67, thanks very much for your review. Indeed, our hotel does have a very unique and young vibe, so glad you love it! A must with anyone who loves music, fashion, design. Can’t wait to see you back here. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed 2 August 2014

There are many hotel to book in Hong Kong. It is not easy. This trip, I went with my friends, so I like to make sure that we have fun, so we booked W. The location is good and not good depend on what' r you looking for, but they have free shuttle to TST to get all local meal and shopping, so I dont mind. The Elements mall next door also have everything you want, super market up to luxury brand. The Buffet dinner was great. It is not cheap, I would say expensive but you feel satisfy and get what you pay for. Remember, if you pay peanut, you will get monkey, so spend more to get the best. Staffs are very helpful. On the ground floor, we tried to take group photo during night time with W sign. It is not easy, however their staff come to help and fix it. They really know how so we have wonderful memorable photo.

Room Tip: Request harbour view if it is posible and make sure that you spend time in the hotel rather than goi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hello busylifeontour, thank you very much for rave review. We are glad our team demonstrated an enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra step to ensure our guests are WOWed. We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the not too distant future! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager