“My favourite hotel in Hong Kong”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
stratford, ontario
“My favourite hotel in Hong Kong”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Best hotel in Hong Kong, pool is the highest pool in Hong Kong its on the 74th floor. The staff are great, if you are an spg platinum member they always upgrade you. The restaurant and bar are fantastic.

You can take the train from the airport right to the hotel and there is a mall attached to the hotel.

Awesome hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: get a corner room if possible for the views, you can book that specific room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fromOntarioCanada
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello fromOntarioCanada, it’s great to hear you enjoyed our 76 F WET pool and the hotel in general. We do our absolute best for SPG Platinum members but unfortunately cannot always offer upgrades since the hotel runs very high occupancy. I am glad you managed to get the upgrade on this visit! Hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What can I say, it's simply perfect.
No, it's greatly perfect.
This is not the regular five star hotels service , here you get pampered and spoiled to the extreme.
Today we couldn't go out because of the thunder storm, but we didn't feel that we missed anything because of the huge mall ( Elements) with its cinema complex, and so many restaurants of all kinds, all are in the same building of the hotel.
I will try to write some of the hotel advantages and disadvantages
Advantages :1.very stylish modern decoration.
2. all the staff of the hotel are great starting from the persons who welcome you at the door, you will never meet someone of the staff that you can say a complaint about.
All of them are smiling, listening and helpful.
3.if you leave your room door open for any reason, you will find someone ringing the bell and asking you if something was wrong.
4. Very helpful and efficient concierge.
5. Delightful room amenities.
6. Electric control of the lights, black out and sheer.
7.when you come back at night you will find the ice bucket was filled for you and some very nice hazelnut chocolates beside your bed.

Disadvantages:
1. I will have to leave someday
2. It will be very hard to like any other hotel.

I hope I could live there forever.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank dalyasser
Hello dalyasser, we do strive for perfection so I was glad to hear your positive feedback on almost all aspects of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon at W Hong Kong!. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The service was above expectation . W collected us from the airport and the arrangement was perfect from arrival to check in smooth without delay. Every request was achieved flawlessly breakfast was fantastic. It's very practical as it's connected to the train station and a reasonably Size shopping mall. Thank you W.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Bubble883, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your W experience! We’ll be thrilled to welcome you back. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The W. represents an imaginative yet luxurious way to experience Hong Kong from a Hotel base. We were lucky to be upgraded to a large family-friendly room with stunning views of the Victoria Harbour and Stonecutter's Island. The large sunken bath and modernist furniture impressed. The staff were also uniformly friendly , especilaly in the excellent Kitchen Restaurant whose healthy dining options were greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hello PerryB, we’re thrilled to know what an excellent stay you had! Definitely looking forward to your return. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Cupertino, California

Dear "The W" Hotel,

I did not enjoy my stay with you in Hong Kong. What with all the spectacular views, attentive staff, and numerous pleasant amenities, I couldn't stop worrying that I would like everything so much that I'd be ruined from enjoying any other hotel ever again.

You put a smartphone in my room that included unlimited local calls and 3G data with instructions that I could take it into the city with me and use it during my stay for free. It already had Wechat installed, so was useful for finding the friends I was meeting up with. And I used the Maps app to find my way back. Now, what am I supposed to do when the next hotel I stay at doesn't give me a local smartphone?

My suite had two bathrooms, which caused me untold angst. I was extremely confused as to which one I was supposed to use! Two bathrooms is one too many, in my opinion. Also, at hotels in my country, they expect guests to fetch their own ice from the ice machine. When I returned home last night, I found that the ice bucket had been filled, just in case I wanted any. I'm going to expect that every time from now on. Thanks a lot.

The wake up call I requested turned out to have an actual person at the other end of the line. But I couldn't hang up because he wouldn't stop giving me useful information like the day's weather forecast and where I could get breakfast.

And speaking of breakfast, there were far too many options. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to drink fresh mango juice, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, coconut water, lemongrass-basil infused water, the list goes on. I was overwhelmed by the entire row of creative pastries, like green tea muffins and white chocolate-filled doughnuts. And just to play with me, you put jars of candy and cookies in between the pastries. Candy at breakfast!?! I wanted to try it all, but I only have one stomach and I just wasn't hungry enough after filling up on fresh fruit, sautéed vegetables, dim sum, sushi, and the other supposed breakfast food that you all put such effort into preparing.

One more thing, why did you have to build your hotel so that the airport express train station is basically in the same building? Great, I didn't even have to go outside to get to the airport, so I didn't even need the weather information your guy gave me this morning.

Now every time I have to stay at another hotel, I'll wish I was at The W in Hong Kong enjoying the breathtaking views from the 31st floor. No other hotel I've ever experienced compares, so thanks for nothing. You guys had better clean up your act. You've made me want to come back again very soon. If that was your goal, then bravo.

Angry that I have to leave,
Bryce Wilson

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
10 Thank Bryce W
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hello Bryce W. My heart skipped a beat at the first sentence, then a smile slowly crept onto my face. You certainly caught my attention! We’re thrilled to hear your positive feedback on almost all aspects of the hotel and hope to see you again soon at W Hong Kong! We will be “very angry” if you don’t come back! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Lovely stay at the W. The customer service was top notch, the room service food menu was great (albeit a little bit pricey).

The room was comfortable and stylish and of course the Bliss toiletries were a plus. The pool is quite an experience with a great view. The bar is a nice touch and the Cantonese restaurant served some lovely dim sum.

The location above Kowloon Station is very convenient. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello kawin852, Thank you for your uplifting comments, I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please visit us again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

the room design is great. the service is okay, long queu during my stay. was there 2 nights for business trip. just next to the MTR station and intercontinental hotel. will definately comeback for our family holiday end of this year

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Welly9898
Hello Welly9898, it’s great to hear you enjoyed our W! We’ll be thrilled to welcome you and your family back. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager