“fantastic service”

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“fantastic service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Dear W Hong Kong,

Thank you so much for your excellent hospitality. I am glad that our needs were well taken care of. I am happy to be greeted by Besjon and also Jeff during my check-in, you guys are so friendly and welcoming, which is what the service industry really need. It was indeed unmistakeably heaven to be celebrating my special occasion here. i would also like to extend my thank you to the concierge for helping me with my heavy bags after shopping like mad, to the lady operator (whenever wherever service) for attending my call promptly and getting all my request done, to the room service who delivered my food on time, to the housekeeping for making my room tidy and even more wonderful.. i will definitely come back and hopefully meet you guys again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Hongleoniel_DG, great to know Besjon and Jeff took such great care of you at check in. We take special pride in helping our guests to celebrate special occasions so I’m delighted to know we did so for you. I’ll ensure your praise reaches the ears of everyone mentioned and hope to see you again at W Hong Kong soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here on July 2014.

First impression upon entering the hotel is very good. The hotel's interiors are very sophisticated. However check in is a bit slow. Maybe we came at a busy day. The only have 3 check in/check out lines open and that can get a bit slow in our case.

After we came to our room, we found some hair on the fresh towels. However the room service came quickly and changed all of our towels. But the day after, one of towel has another hair on it, but we decide to just not use that towel because the rest is clean.
But beside that, the room is flawlessly clean and service from "whatever, whenever" (W's butler service) is very quick and perfect. They even checked on us and gave us a small toy because our toddler had been sick.

Breakfast buffet comes with good variety, and during our 3 nights stay, we see very little repeated menu. However, I feel some of the staffs in the restaurant should be more hospitable.

Overall, W Hong Kong is convenient and comfortable. Although some conditions are not perfect, I would give this hotel another chance if I stay in Hong Kong again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JL_epicurean
Hello JL_epicurean, thanks for your review and I apologize that your initial impression of the hotel was that the check in was slow. I was extremely disappointed to hear of the challenges you had with cleanliness in your room and I have addressed very seriously with the manager concerned. I would appreciate if you could send me the room number (or alternatively your name) and the dates of your stay to ww.hk@whotels.com and I will personally ensure we trace back and deal with this at the root cause. My apologies again. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I spend 3 nights at this hotel and was pretty happy until 2000 euro disappeard from my safety box!!!
I contact the management but they could not track the money. It was really a dissappointment when i was happy with all other thing ar the hotel in general.
The hotel is quiet busy and they had some kind of event almost every evening we were there. Loud and drunk people who were not Staying at the hotel and just came for the events were pretty much disturbing. If i come back??? A big NO....

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Watchyouout
Hello fredo2211. Thank you for your review. I was shocked to hear that money went missing from your in-room safety box. Having checked, I can find no record and no incident report relating this case. Could you please urgently provide more information and if possible let me know the name of the manager you reported this to. This is highly unusual and I would like to investigate. Please email me directly on ww.hk@whotels.com. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Beijing, China
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I always stay with W Hong Kong whenever I can. What I like most are their awesome views, sumptuous breakfasts, gym facilities, and most convenient location, as well as their attentive staff. I will definitely come again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hello David L , great to know you had such a fabulous stay with us. Please come visit again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
stratford, ontario
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Best hotel in Hong Kong, pool is the highest pool in Hong Kong its on the 74th floor. The staff are great, if you are an spg platinum member they always upgrade you. The restaurant and bar are fantastic.

You can take the train from the airport right to the hotel and there is a mall attached to the hotel.

Awesome hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: get a corner room if possible for the views, you can book that specific room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fromOntarioCanada
Hello fromOntarioCanada, it’s great to hear you enjoyed our 76 F WET pool and the hotel in general. We do our absolute best for SPG Platinum members but unfortunately cannot always offer upgrades since the hotel runs very high occupancy. I am glad you managed to get the upgrade on this visit! Hope to have you back again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Reviewed 13 August 2014

What can I say, it's simply perfect.
No, it's greatly perfect.
This is not the regular five star hotels service , here you get pampered and spoiled to the extreme.
Today we couldn't go out because of the thunder storm, but we didn't feel that we missed anything because of the huge mall ( Elements) with its cinema complex, and so many restaurants of all kinds, all are in the same building of the hotel.
I will try to write some of the hotel advantages and disadvantages
Advantages :1.very stylish modern decoration.
2. all the staff of the hotel are great starting from the persons who welcome you at the door, you will never meet someone of the staff that you can say a complaint about.
All of them are smiling, listening and helpful.
3.if you leave your room door open for any reason, you will find someone ringing the bell and asking you if something was wrong.
4. Very helpful and efficient concierge.
5. Delightful room amenities.
6. Electric control of the lights, black out and sheer.
7.when you come back at night you will find the ice bucket was filled for you and some very nice hazelnut chocolates beside your bed.

Disadvantages:
1. I will have to leave someday
2. It will be very hard to like any other hotel.

I hope I could live there forever.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank dalyasser
Hello dalyasser, we do strive for perfection so I was glad to hear your positive feedback on almost all aspects of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon at W Hong Kong!. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The service was above expectation . W collected us from the airport and the arrangement was perfect from arrival to check in smooth without delay. Every request was achieved flawlessly breakfast was fantastic. It's very practical as it's connected to the train station and a reasonably Size shopping mall. Thank you W.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hello Bubble883, it’s great to hear you enjoyed your W experience! We’ll be thrilled to welcome you back. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager