“WoW - fantastic experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #10 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“WoW - fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Best hotel in HK, great location. The rooms are modern and luxurious. The view from the higher floors are amazing. As a platinum member I got an free upgrade. Chek in and check out was very fast handled. I'm looking forward to my next stay at the W Hotel.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank SchermaulP
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hi SchermaulP, we’re thrilled to know what an excellent stay you had! Definitely looking forward to your return. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for the 2nd time and had always enjoyed staying at the W Hong Kong. A trendy and sophiscated hotel with interesting interior layout.
Got a higher floor and a wonderful room facing the harbour, just like the previous stay, This time I have the higher floor. It's always feels great when waking up to the the beautiful scenery seen from the room window, breathtaking.
The room is spacious for Hong Kong standard, and the bed needless to say so comfortable I find it hard to leave it in the mornings. If not for the shopping and food waiting for me, i wouldn't mind laze around my room ,the whole day.
The bath amemities is of good quality and with a nice smell. I came back to clean and tidy room everyday and my items were neatly arranged everytime.
Loved the aroma emit from the lobby greeting us, everytime before I turn the corner walking towards the hotel from the Elements shopping center.
I enjoyed the pool and jaccuzi experience everytime, and we really enjoyed our stay.
Start missing hotel everytime I reach the hotel, adn keep lookingforward for the next stay.
Definately a WOW experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello MelodyChiChi75, thank you for such positive words, it is great to hear that overall you have had such positive experiences with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Thanks again for sharing with us your views. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've stayed at the W hotel in Times Square, San Francisco, and Westwood LA and this was my favorite W by far.

Our room was huge, one king bed, we had a view of the ship harbor. Room was cleaned every day, all toiletries were replaced, no complaints.

Concierge was great in suggesting restaurants and shopping. Also helpful printing out names of places in Chinese since we had a language barrier issue.

Overall, I loved this hotel and this W has super cool decor and in a great location!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Shads85, thanks for your review! We’re thrilled to know how our entire team gave you such an extraordinary experience. Our service promise is to deliver Whatever you want Whenever you want it, so it’s good to know that we delivered on that with our translation efforts. Thanks again for staying with W hotels all these times! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

There are many pros about this hotel:

1. It is a trendy hotel. Modern and luxurious room with fantastic view, with high tech lights and electric curtains and TV inside the bathroom. Very comfortable bed.

2. It is very close to airport express station.

3. Elements Mall is connected to the hotel.

4. Service is top notch during check-in and check-out.

5. should I say more?

Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I will definitely come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ls1975
Hello Is1975, thanks so much for your review and I’m very pleased to know you found the hotel and its’ location to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and thanks again for sharing your views. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Dear W Hong Kong,

Thank you so much for your excellent hospitality. I am glad that our needs were well taken care of. I am happy to be greeted by Besjon and also Jeff during my check-in, you guys are so friendly and welcoming, which is what the service industry really need. It was indeed unmistakeably heaven to be celebrating my special occasion here. i would also like to extend my thank you to the concierge for helping me with my heavy bags after shopping like mad, to the lady operator (whenever wherever service) for attending my call promptly and getting all my request done, to the room service who delivered my food on time, to the housekeeping for making my room tidy and even more wonderful.. i will definitely come back and hopefully meet you guys again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Hongleoniel_DG, great to know Besjon and Jeff took such great care of you at check in. We take special pride in helping our guests to celebrate special occasions so I’m delighted to know we did so for you. I’ll ensure your praise reaches the ears of everyone mentioned and hope to see you again at W Hong Kong soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here on July 2014.

First impression upon entering the hotel is very good. The hotel's interiors are very sophisticated. However check in is a bit slow. Maybe we came at a busy day. The only have 3 check in/check out lines open and that can get a bit slow in our case.

After we came to our room, we found some hair on the fresh towels. However the room service came quickly and changed all of our towels. But the day after, one of towel has another hair on it, but we decide to just not use that towel because the rest is clean.
But beside that, the room is flawlessly clean and service from "whatever, whenever" (W's butler service) is very quick and perfect. They even checked on us and gave us a small toy because our toddler had been sick.

Breakfast buffet comes with good variety, and during our 3 nights stay, we see very little repeated menu. However, I feel some of the staffs in the restaurant should be more hospitable.

Overall, W Hong Kong is convenient and comfortable. Although some conditions are not perfect, I would give this hotel another chance if I stay in Hong Kong again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank JL_epicurean
Hello JL_epicurean, thanks for your review and I apologize that your initial impression of the hotel was that the check in was slow. I was extremely disappointed to hear of the challenges you had with cleanliness in your room and I have addressed very seriously with the manager concerned. I would appreciate if you could send me the room number (or alternatively your name) and the dates of your stay to ww.hk@whotels.com and I will personally ensure we trace back and deal with this at the root cause. My apologies again. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I spend 3 nights at this hotel and was pretty happy until 2000 euro disappeard from my safety box!!!
I contact the management but they could not track the money. It was really a dissappointment when i was happy with all other thing ar the hotel in general.
The hotel is quiet busy and they had some kind of event almost every evening we were there. Loud and drunk people who were not Staying at the hotel and just came for the events were pretty much disturbing. If i come back??? A big NO....

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Watchyouout
Hello fredo2211. Thank you for your review. I was shocked to hear that money went missing from your in-room safety box. Having checked, I can find no record and no incident report relating this case. Could you please urgently provide more information and if possible let me know the name of the manager you reported this to. This is highly unusual and I would like to investigate. Please email me directly on ww.hk@whotels.com. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager