My husband and I stayed at the W on our recent trip in Hong Kong. It was undoubtedly the edgiest and most stylish hotel we've ever stayed in. Careful attention was paid to every detail of this hotel, both aesthetic and service wise. The hotel even had a signature smell!
Our room was a Wonderful City View Room and boy was it wonderful! It was spacious, clean and well-appointed. We loved all the features but I especially loved these:
- the KEF 5.1 Surround Sound Audio/Visual System: this blew me away
- the signature W Bed with 400-thread-count linens: really super comfy
- the rainforest shower
- the view!
- the automatic sheer window curtain and blind
Even if it took us a while to get a handle over all the controls, we still loved everything. I was also thrilled to find the Bliss toiletries in the bathroom! These were replenished daily.
We loved and appreciated the turn down service too. Aside from fixing our room, they always left us with two pieces of W dark chocolate.
The W is very well-located for sightseeing in Hong Kong. You can access it via the very posh Elements mall, which had an exit from the Kowloon MTR station. Be prepared for some walking though. Then if you want to go to Tsim Sha Tsui to take the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island, you can ride the free shuttle service from the hotel. You can get maps of Hong Kong as well as a visitors' kit from the shuttle, which are very handy for touring the city.
The only dining option we tried at the W was the breakfast buffet at Kitchen. The presentation was awesome but we've tasted better. The service was very efficient though and I was able to get a free copy of Newsweek.
We checked out the pool too. It was located on the 76th floor and affords really cool views. Both the infinity pool and Jacuzzi were inviting (I bet especially at night when the colorful lights are on) but not inviting enough for me at the temperature we had when we went there. It was cold!
Overall it was a very cool experience and we'd definitely go back when we return to Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W Hong Kong is innovatively designed with 393 deluxe rooms and suites, cutting edge business facilities and function space, superior recreation facilities, award winning bliss spa and high-profile “W happenings”, all of which make it the traveler’s top choice. With the opening of Sing Yin Cantonese Dining, the reputation of W Hong Kong is further cemented with the surely avant-garde offering to the Chinese art of gastronomy in Hong Kong. Together with the launch of WOOBAR, the place to see and be seen, get ready for a nonstop entertainment spree in the vibrant and energetic setting of WOOBAR. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your W Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- w Hotels Hong Kong
- w Hotel Hong Kong