“Awesome experience with one & only Edith”

Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Local Cooking Experience Hong Kong is a private company providing Cooking Demonstration for Kids, Adults and Domestic Helpers. We also provides food and cooking tour in and around Aberdeen. Contact us for more info or visit our Facebook page to find the next event.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Edith is really friendly, knowledgeable and truly walk the talk.We have such wonderful experience with her from the start at the ferry ride, thru the wet market tour and hands on at her home. Yes I will definitely recommend my frens to have this experience beyond the shopping and sightseeing in HKG. Thanks so very much Edith with love from Singapore!

Date of experience: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Edith L, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello! It was a fabulous experience for me to spend time with you and your 3 fantastically fun siblings. I thoroughly enjoyed the cooking tour. Thank you for choosing me :). Edith - LCE

All reviews
"egg tarts"
in 14 reviews
"learn how"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
in 5 reviews
"siu mai"
"mise en place"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 7 August 2018

we had a great morning with Edith. Started off by exploring the local market and finding out more about the local food and shopping habits. We then went back to her flat and cooked a delicious meal. Thank you Edith for a great morning, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Edith L, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

I am so happy to read this lovely review. Thank you so much for writing it. It was truly a lot of fun. Edith - LCE

Reviewed 6 August 2018

This was a highlight of my trip. It was great to get a chance to travel a bit further from where we were staying in Central, and hearing more about the island and its residents from a local was an experience you won't get from any of the more touristy attractions. Edith was a wonderful host, and her tour of the local market was informative and super interesting - we had seen and wandered through several markets earlier in our trip, but it was much better with a local guide who was able to add more context and pick out delicious things to try. The actual cooking lesson was great, Edith had everything set up so it was easy and fun, but we still felt like we were learning something. She was especially accommodating for our vegetarian friends, (I'd still say you're missing out though if you don't get a chance to try the pork dumplings...) If you are looking for a unique HK experience I'd highly recommend this.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Edith L, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you very much for this review :). And vegetarian is so easy when it comes to Chinese food too! It was my absolute pleasure. Edith - LCE

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I'm not really into cooking but I'm a traveller, an anthropology major and someone who's curious about food culture. Edith's class is not just about cooking dumplings but also includes a tour of the wet market and insights on Hong Kong's culture. It's perfect actually for new expats or those who need a quick study of Hong Kong.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for taking the time to write me this review! As long as you are into good food, you are good! Edith - LCE