Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
The Best Part of Our Hong Kong Experience

kencharc
Naperville, Illinois
Well worth doing, learnt a lot!

lotfrance
Cahors, France

All reviews dumplings cooking class wet market learn how egg tarts dumpling making beansprouts market tour ap lei chau a short ferry ride edith's house left happy and full glass noodles engaging personality local vendors roast duck highly recommend this experience
Reviewed 1 week ago

Edith, made our trip so enjoyable. Well worth the money for a great morning featuring a local market tour, a fun and knowledgeable cooking experience, well-presented by a lovely local lady! We would recommend this experience to all visiting Hong Kong! Thank you Edith!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Ken and Char! Thank you for the great review. I am so happy to have met the both of you. It was a wonderfully successful day we had together for sure! Have fun with the fried rice once you're home and don't forget to send photos! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great to visit the wet market in Aberdeen followed by cooking lots of different Chinese dishes. Edith is passionate about food and cooking. Thank you again. Good fun day out.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for writing me a review and so quickly after our cooking tour together. I have to admit that we indeed had a great time, especially with the fried rice :). Unbelievably amazing what can happen when one takes on a challenge! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We loved our local cooking experience with Edith! It began with a gorgeous egg tart, a ferry ride, and a wet market tour with Edith’s helpful cultural annotations. Then we got down to business, making and eating three delightful dishes with friendly folks from around the world.

Edith herself is pretty wonderful, and I think this is a great cooking class because of a couple reasons - first, her pacing is spot on, and this is a hands-on class so that’s not the easiest to achieve. Second, the dishes are replicable. We’ve been at home in Canada and have had perfect success making all three dishes. Yes, even the dumplings!

Pretty much the greatest souvenir one can take back to one’s own country is the ability to make the cuisine found on one’s travels. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for writing a review for me. Such nice things you said :). Have fun cooking back at home and I hope you get a chance to send me some photos of your homemade dumplings. Edith - LCE

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just a great experience, a true glimpse into the lives of family life in Hong Kong. Edith was a great host and we cooked a great meal together.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for me :). I am very glad you had a good time! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a wonderful wet market visit and cooking class with Edith. She was very responsive before hand and graciously adjusted the experience to fit our needs with our 7 year old traveler. She was kind, patient and full of knowledge! We tasted fruit at the market and learned cooking kid friendly recipes. Everything was delicious!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Elif! Thank you so much for coming with your little girl. I love what she wrote in my guest book :). Edith - LCE

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was the highlight of my trip to Hong Kong. Edith was very friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend this opportunity to tour some local areas and learn to cook some yummy local food.

Thank you for your review! It was a very fun Sunday morning :)! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I thoroughly recommend Edith’s market tour and cooking experience in her own homely flat. I had so much fun! I went alone but was happy to make friends with a young German couple who were also on the tour. Together with Edith, we all got along very well and laughed and chatted as we explored and later cooked, while the green tea flowed. Edith had everything ready and kindly took note of my preference to have chicken instead of pork. The cooking part was hands-on in terms of rolling the dimsum, chopping and preparing, as well as stirring at the wok. Edith explained all the steps along the way. There was much chatter and it felt like being with good friends one had known for a while, instead of strangers! The meeting point was easy to access, and the tour even included a short trip across to Aberdeen on a ferry and a bus trip from the market back to Edith’s home. I had taken a ‘tupperware’ container with me and was able to bring leftovers back to our hotel - Edith prepares generous quantities, and is happy for us to take our freshly cooked fare (what we couldn’t finish for lunch!) home with us. Don’t hesitate - book this tour; you’ll love it!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We did have a great time, didn't we? And I will heed your advice...wink wink :). Thank you so much! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve done the odd holiday cooking class before in other countries. So I had a fair idea of what i was getting in to.

Edith meets you at an underground station, where you’re greeted with a Portuguese style egg tart before catching a quaint ferry across to Aberdeen.

From there Edith takes you on a tour of the Aberdeen Wet Market. You’ll taste a few local delicacies (in particular pleasant fruits and bbq pork).

Once the market portion is over its back to Edith’s home for the cookery class element. It’s fun and pretty light touch stuff where you’re free to participate as much or as little as you want within the group.

You’ll prepare around three dishes where most of the commis work has been done (thankfully).

Overall a fun experience.

Thank you both for your review! I very much appreciate you taking the time :). Edith - LCE

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful day with Edith. She made the class funny and educational. The food was delicious!! Thank you so much!

Thank you very much for writing me a review! I will add funny to the list of good qualities I possess :). I am glad you had a good time. Edith - LCE

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When in Hong Kong, there's a lot of sights to see, food to eat, and ingredients to smell. The "Local Cooking Experience" with Edith gives you a chance to tour the busy Aberdeen market from a local's perspective and then help cook some amazing Chinese food. Edith is a true professional and organizes a very efficient and informative experience, while still allowing for organic connection to happen among fellow guests. I recommend booking this early in your HK stay because it will help orient you to the island's offerings.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Rob! Thank you for the review! It really made my day to read it :). Edith - LCE