Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Fun cooking In HK

Had a fantastic morning walking around the wet and dry market learning about all the ingredients... read more

Reviewed today
Louise P
We love you, Edith...!!

Here we go again : once or twice a year, I find myself in front of a computer writing a review on... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Sponghee B

All reviews dumplings cooking class wet market learn how egg tarts dumpling making beansprouts market tour ap lei chau a short ferry ride edith's house left happy and full glass noodles engaging personality local vendors chinese dishes roast duck
Reviewed 2 October 2018

This tour was not only an insight into the food and cooking in Hong Kong but Edith was so enthusiastic and informative that we learnt so much about the culture and history. Her warm and engaging personality is what made this whole experience, she was so happy to share her stories with us and even her birthday!
The food we cooked was delicious and Edith made an effort to accommodate the vegetarian in our group. I will definitely (try to) recreate this feast with friends at home. I would recommend this tour and cooking class to everyone. A standout experience in our 2 week stay in HK.

1  Thank lgd_foodie
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello! It was definitely a fabulous way to spend my birthday :). Thank you so much for writing me such a fantastic review and enjoy the cooking at home! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My wife and I travel a lot so we decided to start taking cooking classes at our destinations to learn how to make our favourite foods from those places. This was our first cooking class and we are SO glad we chose to spend our time with Edith!

Edith is very warm and welcoming. She took us around her area and gave us a lot of interesting background on the history as well as local customs. She then took us around her local market where she explained how things work and showed us different foods and how to prepare them as well as what to look for when buying them.

She then took us back to her apartment where we got into the cooking. She explained everything very clearly and made sure everyone had a job so we could really learn. I cook a lot while my wife doesn't but she said she felt very comfortable and didn't feel out of her element so I would recommend this for all cooking skill levels.

This was not only the highlight of our time in Hong Kong but of our entire 3 week Asia trip!

EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi Mark! Thank you for this wonderful review :). I am very happy you both had a great time :). Edith - LCE

Reviewed 23 September 2018

It was a brilliant experience! Edith was a perfect host and knew what she was talking about. Lovely tour to the local market and finishing with a delicious lunch was the perfect half-day activity while in Hong Kong. Would definitely recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you, Joana! It was my pleasure hosting you and I really appreciate the great review! Edith - LCE

Reviewed 13 September 2018

It is the best cooking class I have ever done in Hong Kong. Edith is a Perfect teacher. It was my 2nd time and I have already booked the next class!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
EdithL759, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hi Kathi! Thank you for writing a review for me and thank you even more for joining me a second time. The third one will be very different and very fun too! I look forward to seeing you again next month :). Edith - LCE

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

My mom and I had such a fun time with Edith. She is a warm, friendly and knowledgeable women who shares her love for cooking. She was able to adjust her menu to meet our dietary restrictions and it was amazing. We both learn some great techniques as well as a appreciation for foods we might have never tried! Thank you Edith for a memorable morning.

Edith L, Owner at Local Cooking Experience, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you, Vicki! I had a really fantastic time with you and your mom. Honestly, she was so much fun to be around and I think she has mastered the art of chopsticks without even realising it :). Edith - LCE