“Better than the last hostel in HK. I liked it!”

Four Seasons Hostel
Taiwan
“Better than the last hostel in HK. I liked it!”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just a bit hard to find, but once inside Chung King Mansion it was easy. The hostel is close to the elevator, and there are signs so you won't get lost. The hostel is small, but it is a hostel and it is HK, however our room was rather spacious, the bathroom was small but you do not need more. I thought the staff was going to be from HK, but they were from india or somewhere there and they were really nice and helpful with us, so much better than last time with hk people. Last time i stayed in HK my hostel was dirty and smelly but not this time, it was clean and neat. I hate filthy places and I am peaky but this is a hostel I would definitely stay again.

The only thing is that they didn't had a hairdryer per room but as i said they were really helpful an the manages to lend me in the mornings. If you are a light sleeper bring some eye and ear cover, the light of the street sliped in and you can hear the people in the hall, but it is not really bad. Our room didn't had any adapter but they are sold for about 5HK$ in the streets.

The location is great, just in front of the China visa Office , 10 min walk from the pier and just a couple of blocks away from Ashley street, great place to eat.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the street let the light slip in, but you get a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2010

For starters, the entire Chung King Mansions hostel group is the one company. I arrived to discover that they had cancelled my booking because I was late checking in (I checked in at 3PM instead of 2PM). Then I was ferried around from tower to tower trying to find somewhere that had a spare room. The room was even worse - it barely fit a single bed, and the ensuite was a toilet cobbled together from other toilets and the shower was a garden hose wrapped around a tap. The mattress was rock hard, as were the pillows. They also recommend that you use the air-con and fan 24/7. When it got cold (oh, no bedding provided, either), I turned them both off, and discovered why. Throughout the night, all I could hear were people talking, and I had a first-class audio session of the surrounding toilets, and not just flushing either. This is easily the worst place I have ever stayed in.

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Mumbai
Reviewed 31 January 2009

We saw this hostel online and had a idea of what it would be like after reading reviews of it from other sites.

We were there end of Jan 09 when it was the Chinese New Year and thus all the hotels were either booked of overpriced. Thus had to settle for this one. The prices were reasonable and we got what we paid for... ;-)

Philip the main guy there who is pretty much in charge of everything is a really nice guy.

The rooms are really small but we just needed a place to crash so it was ok. The rooms were not even a bit sound proof. I could hear the guy next door snoring.

Fresh towels and linen everyday and the rooms were very clean. Overall it was OK.

This would be my first choice of a budget hostel. Next time will book in a normal hotel well in advance.

So if you are looking for a budget hostel this is one of the good ones. Though don't expect too much in terms of space and privacy.

S Irani.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SIrani