“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #34 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

New, clean and modern hotel. Very comfortable feel and staff very attentive. Great value for money as is all inclusive with no hidden costs. Stayed for just one night but would have loved to stay longer.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank BC-Travel-Bugg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My partner and I booked a room at Ovolo on Queens Rd Central for 3 nights whilst visiting my brothers in Hong Kong! The first 2 nights were absolutely amazing it was like a home away from home! The lounge that hosts the free breakfast and happy hour is relaxed and casual, there is a great gym to access as well as a laundry service for guests - everything was fantastic!!! However, on our 3rd night we were woken at 3am by the horrendous smell of cigarette/cigar smoke filling our room - not forgetting it is a non-smoking hotel! After calling reception they told us they would call the other rooms on our floor to check if the guests were smoking and that they would get back to us. With no phone call received my partner called back to be told yes the gentelman in the room next to us was smoking and that they were sorry! The smell and smoke was SO bad that our eyes were stinging the room was a haze and our clothes were stained by the smell of filthy cigarette smoke not to mention my partner is asthmatic and started to have trouble breathing! The smoke seemed to be entering the room through the plumbing.. After telling reception that we couldn't possibly sleep the night in this room they fumbled around and called us back offering another room and to go to reception, pick up the new key, pack our belongings and move. We were very thankful for a fresh new room but were made to do everything ourselves and pack and move 5 floors higher at 3 in the morning after being sound asleep for hours! It was frustrating to say the least and hardly an apology was given not to mention on check out the next morning nothing was mentioned and they still charged us full price and service charges! Perhaps they should reinforce to all guests that smoking is not permitted and also build a better reputation by being a little more sincere!!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ebbony T
ovolo2home, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Greetings from 286 Ovolo in Hong Kong!

I hope that this message finds you well, and that you landed safely in Australia.

As several days have passed since you were both with us, I wish to follow up with a personal message regarding your stay. I had been appraised that on your last night you had experienced troubles regarding another guest of ours smoking on site. Please be advised that we take such cases quite seriously, resulting in us fining guests for such behavior. I had noticed your reflection on TripAdvisor and am pleased that you had enjoyed your stay, however I wish to explain that we will follow up to ensure such cases do not ruin our guest’s experience with us, and most importantly that such cases are handled appropriately.

Although we are a young and newly opened hotel, my focus is to ensure we grow from strength to strength in providing the best possible service and services and ensuring that if something like this is to pop up, that we handle it in the best possible way. I am pleased that you were offered a room change, however I will personally follow up with our team to ensure our guests are offered assistance and that the said items are communicated across the entire team so that we do not appear careless in any way, shape or form.

If yourselves or family are to visit in the coming future, please contact me, as I would like to return the hospitality that we strive towards and show you once again what lengths we will be progressing in.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused toward the end of your stay and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Beautiful new hotel with fantastic rooms and amenities. I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a fair priced place to stay on HK Island, close to Soho and Lan Kwai Fong. It's a modern hotel, sleek in design, and very comfortable. I stayed here for 3 days and enjoyed it very much.

Pros:-
1. Location
Convenient location close to Soho and LKF
5-min walk to Sheung Wan MTR Station (1 stn away from Central)
Queen's road which is a main road with lots of shops and restaurants
24-hour Mcdonald's across the street

2. Amenities
Comfortable queen bed and soft sheets
Stone tiled and hardwood floors
Apple TV (Wow!) and DVD player
Beautiful bathroom with rain shower head
Free WIFI

3.Others
Free minibar in the room
Happy hour from 6-8pm everyday
Wonderful manager and staff members
Gym and self service laundry room

Cons:-
The only con I can think of is the rooms can be on the smaller side but it is so well designed with high ceiling that you don't feel like it's that small.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Suntory65
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Room: The rooms are extremely well designed that all the features that are needed are there. It's new and clean. Even in the small space, there is a desk, a safe, a fridge, a TV, and a bathroom with rain shower. Nothing is missing at all.

Staff/ service: Professional, service-minded, friendly and helpful.

Breakfast: The breakfast bar provides the basics (cereals, yoghurt, bread, croissants, cold cuts/ cheese, Nespresso coffee, fruits) and is served in the same lounge that holds happy hour in the evening from 6-8 pm.

Other little things:
(1) Wi-fi works very well
(2) A cafe is on the ground floor and McD's & Watson's are across the street
(3) Walking distance to the Central station and the piers
(4) Everything in the mini bar is free and you can take snacks and drinks from the lounge to add to the stock
(5) Free Happy Hour!

I would definitely recommend this place to friends and will stay here again on my next trip to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: A City Queen is comfortable for 2 people to share though the floorplan may look small
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank CoffeeBird
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Having previously stayed in other surrounding hotels such as the Bauhinia, Mercer, Hotel DeEdge, I was not to sure what to expect since I had never heard of this property before. It was nothing short of refreshingly wonderful for a traveler such as myself that has stayed in over 50+ hotel rooms in my time. From the first time you step foot in this place, you feel served and attended to with genuine care (genuine personality behind their smiles) and this is hard to find in Hong Kong. The Lounge is a great place to kick back and surf the web or grab a coffee and snack during check-in or anytime throughout the day, I even utilized it for a meeting with local clients and this was no problem with the staff to arrange. Breakfast and Happy Hour are additional touches that you usually only find in Club Lounges of hotels in Hong Kong, and if not then they are usually executed poorly - at this place they set it up well. The rooms (although yes, smaller than your average) are extremely functional, as long as you don't plan to spend 12-hours in the room, it's perfect.

Top choice, I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for the middle room - smaller but seems to flow better
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Kevin M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed at Ovolo 286 during their soft opening back at the end of May 2012 and had very little idea of what to expect from the stay. It turned out to be one of the more comfortable hotel experiences I've ever had. Don't expect the grandeur of the Ritz or perks of a Four Seasons - Ovolo is far more refined than that. The rooms are very small, so don't expect to sleep more than a close couple or a single person in a room, but whoever does occupy the space will be supremely impressed. Apple TV in every room, great bathrooms (showers!), extremely comfortable beds, cool design - coming back to the Ovolo each night felt like coming home. I really mean that - I'm not entirely sure what it was, but something about the room made it feel so warm that I could easily have lived there for a month. The staff was fun and accommodating - take the time to meet Eugene if you can! And the facilities are - like the rooms - small but very well designed. I highly recommend the Ovolo, and hope you have as great a stay as I did!

Room Tip: all rooms are the same, as far as I know
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank john s
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stay there for two nights when we are in Hong Kong. The hotel itself is at a really great location and I should say all the facilities and services are just amazing. Though the room is small in someway but it is for sure that they have used the space wisely. Impressed by its design and amenities provided. Can't believe that even the mini bar is free of charge !!! Like the high tech stuff like apple tv , electronic curtain are just great !!! Thus, little things like an international adaptor with USB plug makes my stay easier. Forgot to bring your own charger for mobile???no worries, they have a multiple USB plugs which suits most of the phone. Services was fab. Ladies down at the reception are helpful and willing to assist you in all the way !!! Services with a Smile ! Thank you for such a great stay and I will be there again !!!

• Stayed July 2012