“Great location & service!”
Review of Ovolo Noho

Ovolo Noho
Ranked #34 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Seoul
“Great location & service!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for four days, and we loved every moments in Ovolo.

The location of Ovolo was perfectly fit to the purpose of our HK trip : gourmandism. Most of restaurants that we planned to visit were within 10~15-min walking distance. The restaurants varied from top Michelin star restaurants such as L'atelier de Joel Robuchon, 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo, & Amber to local favorites of Yardbird, Tim Ho Wan(ifc mall), Sing Heung Yuen, & Tai Cheong bakery. Everywhere is within walking distance! Amazing!

Great service too! Small but fancy room, free Wifi that covers almost everywhere in HK, free mini bar, free breakfast buffet, & etc.

Don't miss here!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kingfob76
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Kingfob76,

The team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Your wonderful review means a lot to us all and we send you our good wishes. Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Warm regards,

gigitse@ovologroup.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and I were on our way to the states for the summer from Shenzhen, China and decided to stay one night in Hong Kong. In the past we stayed at Ovolo in West Kowloon before with friends and were very happy. This time we stayed tried the Ovolo Hotel in Central. We had a great stay. We arrived and were checked in quickly. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We wanted to know where a good Japanese restaurant was located and Kenneth sat with us to look at a map and give us detailed directions to Causeway Bay. He highlighted the map which was very helpful and we found the restaurant without any trouble. Ovolo arranged a taxi to take us to the airport for our flight the next day. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear HVarvel,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Ovolo take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Kenneth in particular was thrilled you remembered him.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon for another memorable stay.

gigitse@ovolgroup.com
London
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This review is a little late in coming as my husband and I stayed here in October 2013 but better late than never. As the headline states, the rooms at this hotel are beyond tiny! I had read the reviews and expected them to be small but not expected them to be basically like a box! There is a mattress wedged into a mattress-sized square, one side against the window, and the top and bottom against the walls. So no way to walk around the bed. Then there was a little square for the door to open into, a tiny ledge against the wall and a bar stool. It was extremely difficult to do anything with our suitcases.

The bathroom was a more reasonable size and the shower was big enough to shower properly. The room and bathroom were both well-quipped with most things you could want, including toothbrushes/toothpaste. Apple TV was also there, although we were hardly ever in the room to watch it! Both the room and bathroom were clean and the bed was comfortable.

The drinks and snacks in the mini bar were free and even in the lobby there were free soft drinks provided.

Breakfast was just ok, not much space to eat and not much variety, it was taken just behind the lobby. but it was fine.

The lifts were EXTREMELY painfully slow! We were on the 9th floor so it was too much to walk up the stairs but a couple of times I walked down as they just took too long.

The hotel is in quite a good location about 5 minutes from sheung wan station so we were able to get around really easily.

Overall it was not bad for the price and considering we were just using it as a place to sleep – the best thing is the location and convenience and for that, I have given it 4 stars. It wasn't THAT cheap though, so if it wasn't for the location and cleanliness and generally hassle-free stay, i would give it 3 stars due to the extremely tiny rooms and mediocre breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Londongirl789
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Londongirl789,

Thank you for such constructive feedback on your stay at Ovolo 286 Queen's Road in 2013. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and freebies. I was, however, sorry to read that our lift and breakfast were not up to your standards. I'm excited to share that we've changed our breakfast down to the Cafe O on our first floor with more variety and rotation menu started from Jan 2014. I'm confident the enhancements will address the concerns you expressed in your review.

Thank you once again foy your important feedback and we very much hope to have you with us again in the near future. Please do let me know if I may personally assist with any future bookings in the meantime.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was, though small, well decorated and very clean. The hotel is in a great location in Central, there are a lot of good restaurants and bars nearby and the metro is only a 2 minute walk away. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hong Kong.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sam C ,

Many thanks for devoting some time to share your feedback about your recent experience at Ovolo 286 Queen's Road.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with us and would highly recommend our hotel to anyone visiting Hong Kong. Do stay in touch and do let me personally know if I may assist with any future upcoming reservations at any Ovolo hotels.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were surprisingly satisfied more than what we have expected during our stay in this hotel. Staff was incredibly friendly and willing to help in every moment like giving out suggestions on things to do, what to eat, where to go, etc. They also provided us a good path to explore Hong Kong island under our tight schedule on our last day trip, very considerate.
Hotel room is wisely designed to make use of every single space even actual room size is small, but we can understand small room size is a normal practice in Hong Kong from the expensive land cost. Anyway, it is a fancy hotel and perfectly located in town. We enjoyed so much on the ‘perks’ like free snacks and mini bar in room, and a refreshing ‘Happy Hour’ with variety of nibbles and alcohols. The 24/7 lounge is really comfortable and relaxing, good place to have a chitchat with your friends during idling. Gym and self-laundry service also available for free. We can only say this is a very valuable choice for our stay in Hong Kong.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 192jack
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear 192jack,

It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our team left such a favorable impression. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to them! Whether for business trip or simply to get away for a weekend, I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ovolo again soon.

Warm regards,

S.E.A.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good hotel to use as a base to explore HongKong Island. Easy access to Sheung Wan MTR station once I was familiar with the area. Only 1 stop from Central MTR which gives you access to different parts of the island including Kowloon and the Star Ferry.
Will return despite the tiny tiny rooms ( as mentioned before the rooms are truly tiny) but for such a compact room I counted at least 8 power switches which is a refreshing change as I did not have to wait between charging my laptop and my mobile phone.
Complimentary minibar and lounge was an added convenience which was truly appreciated after a long day out. Bathroom was also compact but well-stocked and I found the use of space was good. I am giving 4 stars partly because of the really tiny space.

Room Tip: Twin bedded rooms are only separated from each other by a mere 5-10cm gap. The room is THAT tiny!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jaye_w
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear jaye_w,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I was pleased to hear you were impressed with our location, design and freebies. I hope you will visit us again soon; we look forward to having you.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was wonderful. The location is great, the rooms are small but so well designed you don't feel cramped and I loved the floor to ceiling windows, which made it feel super bright.Everything is modern, spotless and well thought-out.

My husband and I each had a large bag, we found that we had to unpack one bag completely and put it under the desk to accommodate both bags and moving freely, which is totally fine and not an issue. If you have lots of bags, it may get cramped.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the MTR, Soho and , ten minutes to central, Lan Kwai Fong and tons of restaurants, shopping. Plus, there is a 7/11, Starbucks and McDonalds across the street.

The free mini-bar, snack bag and snacks in the lobby are wonderful. The coffee is really good! Breakfast was included in our rate and had a decent amount of options, the eggs were different everyday, which was nice, so we didn't get tired of eating at the hotel for four straight days.

Free wi-fi and Apple TV was a great touch! I also loved how before you arrive, you get a welcome package email with tips, suggestions and wi-fi password that you can use at hot spots around HK, which is activated even before you check-in!

Check-in and check-out was quick and easy, as the staff are wonderful and helpful.

We travel to Hong Kong a lot and I will stay here again without hesitation. Its wonderful. Fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor has less street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear VanCan2012,

Thanks for taking the time to right such a positive indepth review of your stay at Ovolo 286 Queen's Road! Very grateful that you said our hotel was good value. Although our rooms arent always the biggest we pack them full of freebies and smart features you need for your stay. Add in those great elements such as location and the 9000 hotspot . Happy that you agree! Please stay with us again anytime.