“Comfortable and Welcoming”
Review of Ovolo Noho

Ovolo Noho
Ranked #32 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a great stay at Ovolo. They really did a great job designing the rooms to utilize every bit of space, and we never felt claustrophobic. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the free amenities were such a bonus. It really is the little things that make a difference. The staff were also very helpful and friendly.

As in any new city, it took a little bit of navigating to find from the subway the first time, but after that, it was really convenient. We walked to Soho almost every night for dinner.

Here are some directions from the airport to help you out:
Take the Airport Express to Hong Kong. You can transfer then to Central Station. Go one stop on the Island Line to Sheung Wan. Take Exit A2 and turn right (you'll be facing west). Cross the first street. When you get to the 2nd street (Cleverly St), take a left. Continue until the road stops and then walk up the stairs. You'll see McDonalds on your left, and Ovolo is right across the street.

We look forward to coming back to Ovolo in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley M
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Lesley M,

On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for your very gracious compliments about your stay with us, our hotel & our service to you. I have shared your review with our colleagues for their recognition as well, and we hope to see you again with us at Ovolo very soon!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Ovolo Noho

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. It's situated a couple blocks west of LGF. The area around the hotel is quiet and great if you want to avoid the touristy crowd. It's a couple block away from the metro station. The room was designed to maximize the small space. Although we didn't use it, the entire minibar was complementary! I will definitely look to Ovolo for my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surgicalting
Ricky C, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear surgicalting,

It is great to see your amazing compliments about your stay with us. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting and reading another Ovolo review from you again in the coming future.

Regards,

Ricky Cheng
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We chose this hotel, as it was in a good position, and had lots of goodies on offer, as in a happy hour, which was actually 2 hours, 18;00 / 20;00 that gave you FREE, yes free drinks, including Wine, Beer, Shorts, Soft drinks and snacks & sweets. On arrival in your room was a goodies bag with sweets in, the mini bar is free every day, and you get a free shoulder bag, to carry your odds & ends about during the day, so what more could you ask for ??? The staff were all very helpfull and pleasent. The only down sides were the lifts, that seem to take a long time to arrive, always !!! The othe rcomment I would make is that the rooms are very small BUT have everything you could want, and this did not spoil our stay there, and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ricky C, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear keithsunley,

Many thanks for your lovely compliments and positive review of our hotel. My team and I are very happy to see you had a great time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you both back with us in hopefully the very near future!

Regards,

Ricky Cheng
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here in May for work and I loved it.

The rooms are compact but the design of the property is super cool and everything you could want is available. As an Australian I am used to paying insane amounts for water and internet so it was great to have these luxuries included in the room. My company also loved it as it wasn't an extra cost they had to cover.

For me though a great hotel is all about the staff and the staff here were incredible. Always smiling, greeting me by name and even buying me some candy that I was looking for because I was time poor.

Thank you Ovolo team. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KO85

Dear KO85,

Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments. We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

In HK for an overnight stay and to take care of some banking. Booked this hotel online on the back of excellent rating v cost.

Was a little nervous trying to find the hotel at 2am in the morning, but was pleasantly surprised by the taxi driver who was able to work it out without much fuss.

Staff were available at 2am and greeted me by name. Both check-in and check-out were hassle free without the usual delays of room checks and the sort.

Very happy and will be making a note to use Ovolo in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stuart J,

We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed Ovolo 286 Queen's Road in your own special way. We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do. Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I will do my best to reserve a nice room for you.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This boutique hotel is conveniently located for transit and restaurants. Service was excellent - they walked us out to hail a cab to the airport and carried an umbrella over us as it was raining. Rooms are compact yet very clean and modern. Nice touches with drinks and appies for happy hour. Would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BGAC-5,

I appreciate you taking a moment to write a review about your experience at Ovolo 286 Queen's Road, thank you. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and that you received such accommodating service during your stay - this is something we certainly strive to provide for our guests. I hope you will make it back for another visit again soon; we’d love to have you!

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my first time staying with this Hotel group. Never heard of them, but the reviews were good so I decided to take a chance. Glad I did! The staff are super and know how to treat guests. They were great with directions, friendly and very helpful with everything. The aircon in my room seemed to not blow cold air. they sent someone to look at it in moments to determine if it could be fixed right away. It needed more time then we had so a room change was orchestrated and carried out in immediately. Both rooms i had were spotless. Interestingly, it was the most compact room I ever stayed in, but one of the most functional rooms I've ever stayed in. Curtains on electric tracks, recessed lighting, small but functional bathroom, minibar with free snacks and drinks, luxury bath toiletries to use for free and take with you when you leave. Breakfast was simple but good. Excellent stay, The neighborhood was great for walking around. I definitely recommend this Hotel. and would stay here again if my travel plans take me to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: This is a tall building surrounded by smaller buildings. Higher floors would probably have a better...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank solotravlr45
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear solotravlr45,

The team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Your wonderful review means a lot to us all and we send you our good wishes. Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.

Best regards,