“Good wonton noodles for tourists”

Tsim Chai Kee Noodle Wellington Street
Ranked #80 of 8,549 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central
Hong Kong / Seoul
“Good wonton noodles for tourists”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The wontons are one of the best in HK. They make it every morning so fresh and good. Recommend horfun which is the flat rice noodle. Soup is not very authentic tasting so good for tourists. Add a dash of chili oil amd it will be even better. I guess more authentic wonton noodles can be found at the shop opposite. Maks noodles.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
new york
“Delicious soup with 3 toppings”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

On a rainy afternoon, we were seated right away, and enjoyed their soup with 3 toppings. The broth was rich and flavorful, and the fish balls were particularly delicious.

• Visited July 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent wanton - never fails!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I used to come here at least once a month when I used to work in central. Now I am back in UK, when I come back to hk on holiday , I always make sure I come here every time.
Wanton is their main choice of menu. The wanton are big size but there are always 2 prawns and nice succulent mince pork. The texture is slightly "bouncy" ( not sure what the right word us!) And the lovely wanton flavour flourish into your mouth! Lovely...The wanton in my opinion is still the best I have had in hong kong better than some Michelin star wanton noodle bar in yuen long and better than a 3 stars Michelin restaurant in a hotel half mile away!
My only reason not to give 5 star is that you don't have time to eat slowly and really relax and enjoy the meal quietly as it's always busy at lunch period and you have to share tables. If you come in the morning when they first open then is much quieter and you have more time to relax and eat peacefully.
So come early if you intend to enjoy it at a slow pace. But because I have had it every year, for me it's fine knowing that the tsim chai wanton have entered my gastronomy for this year is good enough. I am truly satisfied...

2 Thank twcheung
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent wanton noodles”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The wantons here are large - think it's 3 large wantons and the yellow noodles are what I like - has an almost chewy/springy crunch to them which is very popular in these types of restaurants in Hong Kong.

My favourite place for wanton noodles but the service from the old women there is of pure misery.
However, for HKD 25 for a delicious bowl of these noodles I can ignore them.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mokkey8
Singapore, Singapore
“Love the Chilli Oil”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fat and Juicy shrimp Wanton at HKD25. Soup was flavourful, portion is just right especially for ladies. Coupled with the powerful chilli oil paste...superb. Chiili paste for sale at HKD43! Limited Choices, but good enough for noodle cravings.

• Visited June 2014