“Good selection of good food”

Knutsford Steak Chop and Oyster Bar
Ranked #6,288 of 8,025 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Steakhouse, Seafood, European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Tyrone, N.Ireland
“Good selection of good food”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

On a recent short trip to HK I went here with my two adult sons and a local HK friend; the restaurant was his choice. We were in the back non-smoking room which was not as busy as the front end and so probably had less ambience. However, there were (Phillipino?) singers/guitarists who helped matters.
The menu offers a wide selection of mainly western style cuisine. We certainly had no complaints about the food and our plates were left clean! Service was generally good except when we tried to get our bill at which point staff seemed in short supply. All was soon resolved and we left satisfied.
I would certainly recommend this restaurant and would return.

• Visited June 2013

Santiago, Chile
“Great burgers, good ambience”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

After spending a week in Canton, I was dying for western fare.. this place was exactly what I needed, with gigantic burgers and cold beers. The room was crowded and noisy and the locals seemed to liked it that way. I sat at the smoking section because the non smoking was way back and away from the action, but the air was quite clean and there were no traces of cigarette smell on my clothes afterwards. I mention this, because I am a bit of a maniac about that.
Price was OK, if you are not that hungry you can perfectly share one burger. A nice experience

• Visited April 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Best caesar salad I have ever had!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The two older gentlemen singing and playing guitars. Can sing anything and very pleasant. They have a non smoking room.

Visited March 2013
Dongguan, China
“Fantastic but arrive hungry!”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We booked the Knutsford Steak Chop and Oyster bar for our daughters birthday. Our party was 8 people and we went crazy ordering the Seafood Platter, Extra Scottish Oysters, Boston Crab just for starters and then Steaks, Rack of lamb and Pork Chops for Mains. The food was fantastic and service impeccible. The decor is very nice but a little french so we could link the American theme we were told about. But hey it didn' matter as the singing Phillipino Duo make a lot of fun singing away to your favorite songs. The wine was a little hit and miss but the Itailian selection better than the NZ. After sqeezing in a little desert and coffee we rolled out very content and HKD$6k lighter in the pocket.

• Visited September 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“skip the startes”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

After happy hour at Bahama Mama's head across and up to the second floor.
Smoking area is by the windows.
Escargot is very average
The oyster kilpatrick was great
The porterhouse is massive. I couldnt finish it.
The chickën brest puttaneasca was very good.
In summary go straight to the main coarses. If you have starters yyou may not get to finish your mains. Hence no desert review & they looked average.
Cost with drinks was $185 NZ