Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$186
US$202
Shangri-La.com
US$183
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$118
US$196
US$146
US$182
US$128
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$228
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
3,087 results
All reviewsconvention centerharbour viewdynasty restaurantstar ferry to kowloonwan chai mtr stationthe executive loungecovered walkwayclub levelbusiness hotellobby barbreakfast buffeteasy accessbusiness triphigh floorfantastic hotelferry terminalconvenient location
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Rooms had great views, very modern and convenient to Ferry at Convention Centre. Helpful Concierge staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Waterfordfour
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This was the second time that I've stayed at this hotel. I stayed here for western New Years in 2009 and again the week after New Years in 2010. The location is fabulous for bouncing back and forth between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon. The Star Ferry is across the street from the hotel. Taking the ferry to Kowloon is much cheaper than a taxi. There's also restaurants, bars, and stores that are connected via walkways to the hotel. Sometimes I just wanted to relax and get a bite close by and do a little shopping at the nearby shops. For big shopping, Kowloon is definitely the best. The hotel also has a desk in the lobby area that you can look-up daily tours to the various Hong Kong island, mainland China, and Macau, which I really liked. I like to sign up for tours as I go. The Hotel is also attached to the Hong Kong Convention Center, but unless you're part of the convention there was no reason to really go there.

As far as rooms, they're a decent size, a bit smaller than Marriott rooms in the US, but still nice considering the limited space in Hong Kong. The gym is located in the Hyatt hotel next door, which is connected via walkways (a bit of a walk to get there). But the gym facilities were great. I didn't use the gym during my first stay at the hotel but I made a point to use it daily during my second stay to balance out the great food I was eating in Hong Kong. If you're a Marriott rewards Gold/Platinum member, you also get free drinks and happy hr food in the top floor loung which has a spectacular view of Victoria Harbor. Beautiful and breathtaking! I would definitely stay at this hotel again on my next trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank CheerfulChickie
Reviewed 2 May 2010

A really good hotel and a fair price ( less than $200 per night). We enjoyed it, service was top notch, the room was just right, clean and modern. As good as any but the very finest luxury hotels.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 3 April 2010

I've stayed at this hotel three times in total as I accompanied my partner who was there on business trips. Each time we stayed in a different room. If you're able to book a Harbour View Room, then you'll be treated to a wonderful view of the Kowloon skyline and harbour which is especially gorgeous at night. This room is also bigger and looks newer. I've also stayed in a Garden View room (read: no view, only of the buildings facing the hotel) and Partial Harbour View rooms (you'll see part of the harbour but not much of the skyline). These rooms are smaller but still comfortable. There's enough space for your suitcase and to walk around in.

Check-in is very efficient and friendly even though our last visit was during the HK Rugby 7s and the hotel was fully booked and busybusybusy! The rooms and bathrooms are clean but definitely showing their age. Beds are king size and comfy to sleep on, pillows are super soft but they do provide foam pillows on request.

Location-wise, it's about an easy 5 minute walk to the Wan Chai MTR on an overpass. I found it pretty convenient and safe. The hotel is located between Causeway Bay and Central which met all my needs - all I did was eat and shop and there are plenty of places to do that in these areas. For convenience I would recommend visitors to HK buy an Octopus card which can be used on the trains, ferries, trams and buses. Saves you from queueing up to buy a single trip ticket every time! The Star Ferry terminal is across from the hotel and you can take a ferry across to Kowloon. I would also recommend a bus ride up to The Peak which is a relaxing and fun way to see some of the quieter parts of HK. Only costs HK$9.60.

This hotel has a corporate feel and I would classify it as a business hotel. If you can find a cheap rate, it is a perfectly acceptable hotel to stay in for leisure. Nicer, mid-to-high range hotels in HK are not cheap, but at this price range, I think it is possible to find a newer and better hotel on Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missduhr
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Me and my BF stayed there during the CNY break.
The location is quite good as it's next to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR.
The staff are great-they sent us a lovely cake on my BF's birthday and that impressed me.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends