“Looks very nice but the location is not so good”

Gateway Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #38 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel looks very nice. The staff knows how to handle difficult situations ( my luggage was lost for 10 minutes, but they found it very quickly while I was enjoying a free coffee), the rooms look fabulous. Unfortunately, the location of Gateway Maroco is not so good: you have to walk a considerable distance in order to find the first places for eating and shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Howard G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at Gateway Hotel with a friend. We had excellent stay. I recommend the place very highly. The place is well-maintained, very clean, friendly and helpful staff - from the front desk, the lounge, the restaurant staff. We met some people who were staying at the hotel as well. They remain loyal Gateway Hotel customers obviously for the same reasons I mentioned.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Remy S
Reviewed 21 March 2014

we arrived in Hk, and there was the immediate limo service that we booked in advance ready to pick us up.
when we got to the hotel we were brought straight to our rooms and briefed about everything.
there is a nespresso machine inside the hotel room, which is really nice!
unlimited caps had us excited all day.
the most comfortable beds i had slept on from all my travels and the quite non smoking room gave me some of the best rest ever.
the bathroom w the anti steam mirror and ammenities that include bath salts were absolutely relaxing.
the robes nice, think and soft.
the room was spacious and clean.
room service was swift and delicious!
the breakfast buffet was excellent!

cant say anything bad about this hotel.
you do get what you pay for.
the location cannot be beat. downstairs is the main mall and near walk and metro stations we were able to hit everything we needed in our 4 day trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

As I know, there are three hotels in harbour city belongs to the Marco Polo hotels group, this time I just randomly chose gateway hotel,, but it is really a right choice, completely beyond my imagination, I always feel that room in HK hotel will be small, but it doesn't. The second , the geography position is very good, in a hopping mall, its so convenient . Third, room facilities are very perfect, the conversion plug, fruit , coffe machine are so sweet . Fourth, service is very good,staff are friendly and helpful . Although it is a random choice, but is completely correct, I think in the near next time, I will choose to live here ,see u soon !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Marco Polo Gateway is a hotel within the mall, very accessible to shopping & dining experience.
Hotel staff are helpful with your luggage upon checking in & checking out. My family enjoyed our stay, we were given adjoining rooms. Amenities like extra pillows & the nice coffee maker with several choices of coffee was available. Will definitely come back on our next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband had booked a night in a suite at the Gateway hotel. It fell on my Birthday. Little did I know, how wonderful this night would be. I was greeted by the General Manager Mr. Sommerau who handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The suite was.... wow, I was speechless. Beautiful, elegant, modern, just wonderful. There were pralines, macaroons and fruits on the table and a bottle of wine on the side board. My family and I had some bubbly with Mr. Sommerau and his wife and then we went to have dinner at the Three on Canton. Again I was taken by surprise because the staff there was so attentive and nice. We had the buffet which was excellent!!!! They serve everything you could ever want; from Chinese, to Indian, Italian to German, a beautiful seafood choice and a wonderfully arranged dessert buffet. There was a drinks package which is really worth it! The dinner ended with a beautiful birthday cake! We retired to the suite and had a quiet and restful night. It was a wonderful and memorable evening/night and I hope my husband will book soon again. Thank you again for the excellent service!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel often to HK and have stayed in many hotels over my past 25 years. However Marco Polo has stayed as my favourite and I do not want to go else where. Its worth a try as the staff make this hotel the wonderful place it is. Also in its rating category it is one of the better value. It truly is worth a visit to this hotel even if its just to meet the staff. Three on Canton is also great!

Room Tip: Don't just go cheapest. Look around for comfort and most of all great service, which you do get...