This place ticked all the boxes for me - namely:
- Clean, decent sized room. May be small for some but it's spacious compared to the other shoeboxes I've stayed in Hong Kong, and it seemed to have been recently refurbished.
- Quiet, consistently working air conditioning
- New shower with good water pressure and quick, consistent hot water
- Decent TV channels
- Excellent location - right next to Yau Ma Tei MTR station, buses and walking distance to Mongkok shopping, Temple St night market, and other locations. Airport bus stops directly outside, and you can also get a free transfer from the hotel from the Kowloon Airport Express station.
Staff were very friendly - my only gripe is that the Wi-Fi is not free. I really don't like when hotels rip you off by skimping on this - it's 2012 and it's a necessity. Still, I would stay here again despite this.
My tip is to walk 5 minutes around the corner to One2Free and get a prepaid mobile broadband SIM card for $100HKD (comes with $100HKD of value). You can get a day of unlimited 3G (7.2MBPS) data for $28HKD, as opposed to $140HKD the hotel charge! Convenience stores sell this SIM card too but most of them don't have it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book direct with promotion code "CVLP" to enjoy extra discount. Ideally situated in downtown Kowloon adjacent to the bustling Nathan Road, The Cityview is right at the heart of the territory's transport hub to all destinations. It's a 45-minute drive from the Hong Kong International Airport and just a minute walk away from the Yau Ma Tei MTR station with a host of popular chain stores and great dining outlets nearby for you to enjoy. Also, just 10 minutes away on foot are some of the most famous tourist and commercial attractions like the Ladies' Market, Jade Market, Temple Street Night Market and many others, making The Cityview the ideal destination for both business and leisure travellers. The Cityview does many things to help protect the environment. We conserve energy and water, reduce waste, and operate in a sustainable manner. Recently, the environmental performance of The Cityview has been recognised by EarthCheck; the travel and tourism industry's leading environmental management, benchmarking and certification company. Based on the benchmarking assessment report from EarthCheck, in addition to having a Sustainability Policy in place, the indicators on Energy Consumption, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Portable Water Consumption and Waste Sent to Landfill of the property are at or above the best practice level, which is an achievement to be highly commended. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cityview Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cityview Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Cityview Hotel Hong Kong
- Cityview Hong Kong