“A lovely & friendly hotel which surprised me with 3 stars only” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silka West Kowloon Hotel

Silka West Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #185 of 713 Hotels in Hong Kong
Orebro, Sweden
“A lovely & friendly hotel which surprised me with 3 stars only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the beginning,I could have chosen Anne Black YWCA but then I saw this hotel the very last week and decided to try it for 4 nights which I presumed I made the right choice. Though the room is liten but good enough to accomodate both of us Asiatic sizes. Bed is okay though may be hard for some. Toilet & bathroom with hot shower are exceptionally cleaned daily. Though bathroom is quite small,toothbrushes,soaps,shampoo & etc are all provided for a bathroom should be. Service is satisfactory with polite,helpful staff. Though no breakfast is provided,there is plenty of eateries around the hotel and nearby Mong Kok area. One more thing,the hotel provides free shuttle "Drop-off/Pick-up" from Kowloon Airport Express Station-Hotel Silka West Kowloon & Silka Sea View Kowloon free. Moreover the shuttle provides free "drop-off" at Langham Place(Mong Kok) & Hong Kong-Macau/ China Ferry Terminal if one wants to travel to Macau. This hotel is situated near Mong Kok and other tourist sightseeing spots. I would recommend this hotel if money is not an issue about US$100 per night for a doubleroom.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaiMS54
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing & Communications at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Dear Lai M

It is always a pleasure to receive good news and indeed, my team and I are happy to learn that you were a 'happy camper' and have enjoyed your stay with us recently.

While we are positioned as a valued-led hotel, we do take pride in ensuring that our services and facilities are above and beyond guests' expectations; and we thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We look forward to be of service to you again on your return trip to Hong Kong.

Richard Kwong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

During my check in, my reservation was held with my hanyu pinyin surname and the staff handling my check in said I am not supposed to use my hanyu pinyin name to do booking. This is a legitimate name in my ic, I have been to other countries checking in with this website reservation and never face a problem. I was very tired after my trip and just wanted to check in and have a rest but your staff demanded I show him other proof of identification. Luckily I have my driving license with me, if I didn't have ,does it mean I will be denied entry to your hotel despite I have paid up through the Internet booking. Finally when I showed him my license I was informed I should book using my dialect name in future.anyway thanks for that reminder n I will not be booking your hotel anymore even if it's on a big sale for the hotel price.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dawn45
Dear dawn45

Please accept my sincere apologies on the unpleasant encounter that you have experienced during your recent stay with us. I do believe there must be some form of miscommunication and whilst I am not trying to make any excuses, please allow me to investigate this further and if you can email to my Resident Manager at barry.lo@silkahotels.com your email address, we will be more than happy to revert with you once we have concluded our findings.

Thank you for your feedback and again, my sincere apologies.

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

The staff is not friendly, specially the concierge staff; he was very rude with us. The rooms are VERY small. The beds are unconfortable. The only positive thing of this hotel is the shuttle bus service.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ivettenieves
Dear ivettenieves

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. However, we noticed that you have been staying at different Silka Hotels within the same month ie Silka West Kowloon and Silka Seaview. We do appreciate constructive comments such as yours as it is through such feedbacks are we able to move forward.

May I invite you to email to Barry Lo, my Resident Manager at barry.lo@silkahotels.com to share an in-depth insight into your experiences so that we can put in place measurements to address the various areas that are not up to expectations.

Thanking you in advance for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a night very clean hotel rooms very small but this is one of the best you can get for this price in Singapore there is no reason to complain about anything everything was perfect for the price location is also great only think I feel is rooms too small for two people

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mustufa69
Dear Mustufa69

Being in the hospitality industry, it is our mission first and foremost to ensure that our guests are happy with our level of services; and we are certainly happy to learn that you have had a good staying experience with us.

We look forward to your next trip to Hong Kong and another opportunity to be of service to you again.

kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

hong kong is an expensive city with a very little choice of good hotels. silka west was a good hotel with just half a km. from the mtr. so going to theme parks was very easy as the location was good. weather its dysneyland, ocean park or giant buddha. rooms were in decent size according to hong kong standards and was very tide. the bathroom was a bit small but okay. the breakfast was also good so i would strongly recommend this hotel as it was also near nathan road and ladies market.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank vicky159
Dear Vicky

Thank you for sharing such positive comments of your stay. My team and I are extremely happy that you have contributed towards making your holiday in Hong Kong a memorable one.

We look forward to yet another opportunity to be of service to you and your family on your next return visit to Hong Kong.

Warmest regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The room and the common area is very clean & tidy. Free Wifi in room is the best part. Everything a traveller needs are pretty much in the room except the ironing board. But comes within 5 min after calling room service. location is surprisingly convinence. Only 5 mins walk to Olympic MTR station and within 10 mins ride already arrive major shopping area tsim sha tsui and 15 mins to Hong Kong island. (Then less then 10 mins walk to Lan Kwai Fong after got off the MTR station). Walk to Mongkok Nathan road only a straight line with around 10 mins. Lots of shops and restaurants during the walk. From Mongkok woman to hotel only cost me around $40 HKD by taxi. very cheap especially after a big shopping. Cloth cleaning shop is less then 5 mins walk from the hotel. (Near the MTR station. Next to HSBC building). Very cheap and quick. My whole week dirty cloth cost me only $60HKD to clean and dry. Lots of restaurant, bar and dessert shop next to the hotel. 1 min walk. They open till VERY late. I had my supper at 3am. Staff member are very nice and speak English well. The hotel is not locate in the Main Street. Very quite for a goodnight sleep. Good hot and strong water pressure from both the hand held and heaven shower head option. Nice shower.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Ronotti
DorsettIntl, Director of MarCom, Dorsett Hospitality International at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Ronotti

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Hong Kong. My team and I are delighted that we have met your expectations both in terms of service provided and also, the facilities provided and location of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip which we trust will not be too far away.

Best regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and received good service throughout. I had to change room to a non-smoking one and faced zero resistance, the cleaning service was great, and the men at the concierge were nice and helpful. However, the bed was a bit hard while airconditioner was dripping water the last night I was there. Besides, I can hear people talking at the hall well.... But overall I think the location (I had to travel to HK station everyday but I liked Kowloon area) and price can somehow justify that and I felt happy about the stay overall.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DorsettIntl, Director of MarCom, Dorsett Hospitality International at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Seabathing9

We are indeed happy to learn that our service lived up to your expectations and we do apologise for the slight inconvenience of the air condition and noise during your stay with us.

We will check the room concerned and ensure that the issue is rectified and thank you for bringing this to our attention.