“Value for Money”

Silka West Kowloon Hotel
Ranked #193 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Nice to stay and very clean. Small in size, double room looks like a single room. Many restaurants around this place, but need to walk at least 10 min from near by MTR stations. I may consider this hotel for next time. Value for money

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chinnuperiyu26
DorsettIntl, Director of MarCom, Dorsett Hospitality International at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Chinnuperiyu 26

Thank you for staying with us and my team and I are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

With best wishes for the new year

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Hotel staff are ok and operate like a budget hotel. 13 mins walk to Monkok MTR or 10 mins walk to Olympic MTR. Not easy to find the hotel at night as I experienced it when check in. Many shops and food outlets available around the hotel. Room and toilet are small as usual in HK. May consider again for next trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing & Communications at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Dear KHChia

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Hong Kong; and we certainly look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The hotel is in North-West Kowloon and the location is not very pleasant (surrounded by hardware shops). I was expecting a bigger room for USD 150 I spent here. However, there was not enough elbow room anywhere. The nearest market (Mong Kok) is around 1 km.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Anurag B

Dear Anurag B

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay and we do apologise that you did not find the hotel conducive to your needs.

The location of the hotel is one of our key points as it is only 35 minutes drive away from the Hong Kong International Airport, 8 minutes to the Mong Kok East Train Station, 10 minutes away from the China Hong Kong Ferry Terminal and within close proximity to the vibrant district of Tsim Sha Tsui. We also offer complimentary scheduled shuttle service to designated locations for our guests.

In regards to the room size, unfortunately, there's nothing much we can do about this factor; and this scenario is similar to most hotels in Hong Kong. We do have however, different room categories in our hotel to cater to the needs of our guests; and where we lack in this area; we do try to make up for in other aspects such as the convenient location of our hotel, support service from our team members and offering full hotel service even though our hotel is a value-led hotel; to name a few.

However, I do apologise for the fact that you did not quite enjoyed your stay with us; and if there's anything that we can assist for your future visit, please do not hesitate to be in contact with barry.lo@silkahotels.com

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel is well located in a busy but not crazy area close to Olympic and Monkok MTR stations. There are lots of nice and modestly priced restaurants near by. The staff are friendly and helpful. The free wifi in the rooms is very good. My room was small but had everything I needed. The bathroom was very small but the shower was excellent! The room was made up every day but the carpet, net curtains and window in the room weren't too clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KJWils0n

Dear KJWilsOn

Great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us recently and that our team contributed in ensuring a memorable stay experience. We thank you too for your feedback in regards to the carpet and such; and will address this matter with our Housekeeping team.

Allow us to take this opportunity to wish you and your family, a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the beginning,I could have chosen Anne Black YWCA but then I saw this hotel the very last week and decided to try it for 4 nights which I presumed I made the right choice. Though the room is liten but good enough to accomodate both of us Asiatic sizes. Bed is okay though may be hard for some. Toilet & bathroom with hot shower are exceptionally cleaned daily. Though bathroom is quite small,toothbrushes,soaps,shampoo & etc are all provided for a bathroom should be. Service is satisfactory with polite,helpful staff. Though no breakfast is provided,there is plenty of eateries around the hotel and nearby Mong Kok area. One more thing,the hotel provides free shuttle "Drop-off/Pick-up" from Kowloon Airport Express Station-Hotel Silka West Kowloon & Silka Sea View Kowloon free. Moreover the shuttle provides free "drop-off" at Langham Place(Mong Kok) & Hong Kong-Macau/ China Ferry Terminal if one wants to travel to Macau. This hotel is situated near Mong Kok and other tourist sightseeing spots. I would recommend this hotel if money is not an issue about US$100 per night for a doubleroom.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaiMS54
DorsettIntl, Director of Marketing & Communications at Silka West Kowloon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Lai M

It is always a pleasure to receive good news and indeed, my team and I are happy to learn that you were a 'happy camper' and have enjoyed your stay with us recently.

While we are positioned as a valued-led hotel, we do take pride in ensuring that our services and facilities are above and beyond guests' expectations; and we thank you for sharing your comments with us.

We look forward to be of service to you again on your return trip to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

During my check in, my reservation was held with my hanyu pinyin surname and the staff handling my check in said I am not supposed to use my hanyu pinyin name to do booking. This is a legitimate name in my ic, I have been to other countries checking in with this website reservation and never face a problem. I was very tired after my trip and just wanted to check in and have a rest but your staff demanded I show him other proof of identification. Luckily I have my driving license with me, if I didn't have ,does it mean I will be denied entry to your hotel despite I have paid up through the Internet booking. Finally when I showed him my license I was informed I should book using my dialect name in future.anyway thanks for that reminder n I will not be booking your hotel anymore even if it's on a big sale for the hotel price.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank dawn45

Dear dawn45

Please accept my sincere apologies on the unpleasant encounter that you have experienced during your recent stay with us. I do believe there must be some form of miscommunication and whilst I am not trying to make any excuses, please allow me to investigate this further and if you can email to my Resident Manager at barry.lo@silkahotels.com your email address, we will be more than happy to revert with you once we have concluded our findings.

Thank you for your feedback and again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The staff is not friendly, specially the concierge staff; he was very rude with us. The rooms are VERY small. The beds are unconfortable. The only positive thing of this hotel is the shuttle bus service.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank ivettenieves

Dear ivettenieves

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. However, we noticed that you have been staying at different Silka Hotels within the same month ie Silka West Kowloon and Silka Seaview. We do appreciate constructive comments such as yours as it is through such feedbacks are we able to move forward.

May I invite you to email to Barry Lo, my Resident Manager at barry.lo@silkahotels.com to share an in-depth insight into your experiences so that we can put in place measurements to address the various areas that are not up to expectations.

Thanking you in advance for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.