All reviewsjordan roadnight markethard sleepermin walktemple st marketlocation is greatkowloon parkmtr stationstayed here for nightsvery nice hotelpleasant staychinamattresshardnessplumbingtaxicompact
Reviewed 24 June 2013

There aren't many hotels in hong kong that offer a room for 2 adults and 2 children. The room was big enough for 4 beds (1 is sofabed). The main reason we chose the hotel was the location and it was great. Walking distance to 2 different mtr stations (austin is 2 min walk and jordan is 7 min) and to temple market. The room was clean and nice. The only problem was the loud noise in the room in the middle of the night when on of the other rooms used their water. Something in the plumbing of the hotel is just wrong.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank o a
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in West Hotel Kowloon in May2013.
The frontdesk staffs are helpful & friendly, but not the cleaner though.
Room & toilet are clean with clean towels & bedsheet with blankets. Both consider big compared to the hotel i stayed earlier this year in same area Kowloon.
The only disappointment was the blankets / bedsheet have smell of cigarrette smoke & no floor mat provided in toilet.
The location is superb as just 5 mins walk to Temple Street & less than 10mins taxi to Ladies Street. There were Austin Station MTR just 2 mins from hotel and Jordan Road MTR just 5mins walk from hotel.
Temple Street market & Ladies Street market sells quite similar stuffs though but may have some different prices offered. It is relatively cheap though.

Found a local bakery (very small shop) selling HK local POLO BUN, egg tarts & wife pastries as well as egg donuts which taste great! You will c the food are mostly in baking trays. Its just 1 street opposite hotel whereby u need to cross the traffic light and walk towards left towards the fruits stall and turn right at the 1st junction. The bakery shop owners are sunny looking middle age man & woman. I was busy buying the food therefore forgot to chk out the shop name though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a tour and it was a perfectly adequate hotel. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean enough. The hotel is situated in the Jordan area and close to temple street markets and nathan road. If you dont mind that part of kowloon go for it.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

On my previous review, I said I would write after coming back from Hong Kong end Feb'13 & early Mar'13 but I wasn't able to post again as I need for another 3 months before I could write a review on the same hotel.

Well, overall, the hotel was very clean and quiet. Staff could speak English and were friendly. Upon our check in, we were given a shopping bag (see attached) and we were surprised because this was the first hotel that we were given a bag! Apart from that, everything was good, nothing much to complain except the hard beds that most people complained here. But I could manage to sleep with it. If those who couldn't, ask for an extra bed...the mattress for the extra bed is soft.

Location was good with easy access to either Jordan or Austin station. I would recommend this hotel if you could stand the hard mattress for such a price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, for the price I don't think you can bet much better. Easy walking distance to Jordan Road station and right next to Temple St market.
Was very clean, new toiletries and towels daily. The bedding was not changed just made up, but lots of hotels are doing this now I'm sure if I requested, it would have been no problem to change. The wifi is available on all floors in the rooms and there are also computers on the 2nd floor.
There isn't a restaurant but 3 streets away there are many good food options, just follow the crowd; if it's busy, it's good. And there is always the night market if you want cheaper street food.
The only complaint I would have is that the walls are very thin. The first night we had a baby in the room next to us and couldn't sleep, the next night we had a group who were celebrating till 2 in the morning. Take your earplugs if you are unlucky enough to be next to someone noisy. But to be fair the hotel did say we could move rooms if we wanted.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are slightly bigger, ask for a family room to get a seating area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends