Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$51
Agoda.com
US$46
US$46
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreamsUS$46
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed 3 nights in a double room during the October National Day celebrations. I arrived really early (before 7 a.m.) & they stored my luggage so that I could go & start exploring HK. I chose a double room due to comments about small rooms & no windows & my room was clean, ample (in terms of size & amenities) & had plenty of hot water.
The owner & her family were friendly and prior to my arrival they sent really helfpul instructions about how to reach Chungking Mansions from the airport via a number of means together with the cost & time of each of these. The wifi worked really well & the location was great - handy for everything I needed. Given the price of hotels in HK, this place is really good value for money.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank scousepeasant
Reviewed 5 July 2012

If yu need a safe and clean place to stay, mapleleaf hostel is the best choice.
This was my first time staying in Chungking, but based on previous reviews, I felt confident staying at the Maple Leaf. I was pleasantly surprised - the rooms were basic but very clean, there was plenty of hot water for the shower, the bed was comfortable enough, and I slept well. There was no outside noise.They were able to store my luggage after checkout until my flight in the evening.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank robert y
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hostel location wasn't really good and wasn't really clean.
Even though the location is closed with shopping centre, but I wasn't really satisfied.
The hostel, is inside of big building whiches has so many cell phone shops.
But the hostel room, is clean and the crew is friendly, but these place is not really recommended.

Date of stay: March 2012
3  Thank Hernita Y
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Good place for staying a few days, clean and safe, very helpful staff, definite come back.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Do NOT go to Hong Kong Maple Leaf Guest House. Don't go !! The first you see is a nice talking lady and clean looking for the eye rooms. but after some days I know now it is a very very bad guesthouse! it is just busy because some reviews, but I would not wonder if some of these reviews are made up.
some facts:

-Internet is very slow also in the middle of the night for example I tried everything, wireless but also cable very very slow could not even use Gmail often!!

-Price is too high, compared to other guesthouses in the block

-they forget to lock my room after "cleaning" so in the night my room was wide open!

Also what happened to me was, I was staying there for a week already than suddenly the price went up in the weekend. She said sorry friday and saturday is more expensive.. so than the price suddenyly was 300 HK$ for the smallest cheapest room they had!

also suddenly she forced me to check out, because there was somebody wo made a reservation who offered a higher price for the room!

Room tip: drop off your bag somewhere and walk around the lifts and ask around and just tell them you have a room already but you want to see a cheaper and better room prices are about 200 hong kong dollar
Date of stay: June 2012