All reviewsbooked a double roomclean roomselevatorfloorac
Reviewed 15 December 2011

It's a worst experience I had in Hongkong. but it was only for a night, i could manage to sleep here. It's so tiny room and the bath is 3 ft x 3 ft. It's in the Chung King mansion, which is on the Nathane Road is the only plus point.

Otherwise, if really want to stay for more than two hrs in the room, dont try this hut rather u can stay on roads or in a nice massage centre in Hong Kong.

Metro is well connected and coming to Nathane Road is not big deal. Stay little away and don't go by their pics n the net its all fooling your vision.

Room Tip: Never ever try in this location
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank krupanidhi_hm
Reviewed 2 November 2011

HK is expensive. Ashoka is a good option to save some money. It is a simple small hostel in an unfriendly building (especially for women who travel alone). It is located in the 13th floor of a pretty disgusting building, with only one elevator servicing all the odd-numbered floors (means that you wait long time, and that it is always crowded-to-overweight). The location of the building, though, is great - right on Tsim Sha Tsui station.
The rooms are OK, relatively clean and comfortable. Ensuit bathroom is crowded and very small. Shower is above the toilet seat and everthing gets wet. Not comfort at all.
The staff is very nice and helpful, and this made the whole stay much better.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Yotam H
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I recently stayed at Ashoka Guest House with my wife and 2 children.While it is a typical small HK Hotel ie small, it had everything that we needed. The room was clean and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. As far as the location is concerned - if you are a tourist, you couldn't ask for better being smack bang in the middle of tourist town. Step out on to Nathan Rd. The waterfront and Star Ferry 5 mins walk, MTR at your doorstep and airport bus across the road. I can't imagine that you could do any better value for the money in HK and would recommend to my family and friends.
Dennis - New Zealand

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Dennis i
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed at Ashoka Guest House for 4 days in May 2011. Good location, the airport bus stops downastairs. MTR stations are also at walking distance.
The hostel is located on the 13 floor of the Chung King Mansion,a awful building in Nathan Road. The elevators are very slow and crowded.
Our double room was very small, with a tiny window, but was clean. They changed the towels everyday.
A good and cheap hostel in Hong Kong.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rigordol
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I booked a room for one night at Ashoka for HK$150 but the next day I asked the manager if there were any extra beds for me to extend my stay. I knew he had extra beds since my mixed dorm was completely empty and of the four beds in the room I was the only one occupying one. He said yes, but that I would now have to pay HK$ 300 for the same mixed dorm bed, and then he showed me a receipt of another guest that payed HK$300 that day to justify the increased price. I said that that was rediculous and I haggled it down to HK $250. I paid the bill but after talking to another backpacker I felt cheated. I found out that the other backpacker was only paying HK$140 per night. After thinking about it I was so angry I went back and asked for a refund, and decided to leave. There are many guesthouses in Chung King Mansion and I easily found another place for the orginal price of $150. I understand the way that business functions, but a business should also function with integrity.
in terms of the room itself, it was very small and stuffy, and there is no wifi access in the room (only in the living area).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo