At first, it is kind of intimidating to walk through the entrance of Chungking Mansion because it is full of people trying to sell you suits, watches, bags, rooms, SIM-cards and other "something specials". It is not easy to quickly get an escalator to the 7th floor, because they are slow, there are loads of people waiting to get in, and there are numerous floors.
Anyway, the GH seems to be safe with a code to be entered at the entrance gate, and a key card lock to the second entrance gate. The staff is very friendly and skilled in terms of languages. The GH is very dark since it is located in the interior of the building, with no outer walls (although, I'm not sure about that because I haven't seen all the rooms). We stayed 4 nights during Chinese New Year, the double room was incredibly small (the bed made up roughly 50% of the total floor space), but very tidy and clean.
There were no windows so we kind of messed up our day- / night-rhythm. There's a safe, a comfortable bed, hot shower, and a smelly fridge. Starting with around 08:00 am, we heard loud noises from the neighboring apartment / office / hostel which did not stop until 10 p.m. or so. If you want to spend a lot of time relaxing in your room, better not book at Singh Guesthouse. If you want good value for money, a clean room to mainly sleep in, go with it. It is perfectly located in Tsim Sha Tsui and only a few minutes walk away from star ferry terminal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is owned by an Ex-British serviceman and it caters to a lot of tourists from Europe, The Americas and Australia. We have clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Newly renovated, our rooms are of superior quality with en-suite showers and toilets, hot and cold water 24 hours a day. Plenty of storage space for luggage and clothes. Each room also has color TV, air conditioning and a telephone for free local calls. We have just installed WI-FI Broadband to all our rooms for you to use privately and it is free 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Paris Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Guesthouse Hotel Hong Kong
- Paris Guesthouse Hong Kong