I visited this place together with my gf, mom and grandma. We chose it randomly coz we didn't have much time, and what a mistake it was. The first floor of the building is full of weird people, mostly men, trying to sell you something and was very scary for my gf and mom. We arrived at the 7th floor reception, which was the reception for Paris Guesthouse, German Guesthouse and two more I don't remember.
Although I later discovered that HK is known for it's small rooms, but the rooms we where shown there were the smallest I've ever seen. I am not two calastrophobic, but I couldn't sleep in a 1.5sqm room. The second room was bigger, but so dirty, I was afraid to touch the walls.
Apparently this whole building is a whole net of Indian owned small hostels/hotels probably owned by the same person. So my biggest advise would be, when you check for hostels in HK stay away from Chunking mansions.
Two positive things -
1) location is good (but most places are in the same area anyway)
2) the receptionist was friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hostel is owned by an Ex-British serviceman and it caters to a lot of tourists from Europe, The Americas and Australia. We have clean, spacious and comfortable rooms. Newly renovated, our rooms are of superior quality with en-suite showers and toilets, hot and cold water 24 hours a day. Plenty of storage space for luggage and clothes. Each room also has color TV, air conditioning and a telephone for free local calls. We have just installed WI-FI Broadband to all our rooms for you to use privately and it is free 24/7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paris Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Guesthouse Hotel Hong Kong
- Paris Guesthouse Hong Kong