“Good respite and meal”

Neighbourhood: Sheung Wan
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good respite and meal”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

After the long bus ride to Po Lin (it was so windy that the aerial tram wasn't running); then climbing up to the Giant Buddha, it was nice to have a simple vegetarian meal. As served, the soup was bland, but was delightful after adding hot chili sauce.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank evi3207

• Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Very good”
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

We went VIP for $110 pp (free for under 5s). Clean cool room; nice big table; copious quantities of good food. Really pleased we ate here.

1 Thank Zenk73
sydney
“Decent Vegetarian Meal”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I am never a fan of veggies. So, I couldn't believe myself when I decided to have lunch at this vegetarian restaurant operated by the Po Lin Monastery.

I found the food was surprisingly good, especially the black mushrooms and green veggies. The mushrooms were tender and juicy! All the dishes were tasty.

I had to buy a meal voucher first at the ticket booth next to the restaurant. It was around HKD $60 per person for the standard meal. So, for HKD $60 I had more than plenty for myself. The meal includes rice, tea, soup of the day, vegetarian spring rolls, beancurd & vegetables and mushrooms & vegetables.

I think I quite like the food here. So my mom was right. Vegetarian dishes are not so bad after all.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Nat N
Hong Kong, China
“not bad to have a try”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

it is not the best but quite handy and also a good experience to try vegetarian dishes in a monastery

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We took the $60 option and were taken to a table in a tatty room, a bowl of soup? some tofu and a cup of undrinkable tea. Not a patch on the previous two times we have been.

Visited November 2011