Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Hotel ICON Official Website
US$179
US$129
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$147
US$124
US$172
US$141
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$257
US$230
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$79
Hotel Direct
2,727 results
All reviewstsim sha tsuiart mallchin chin barhanoi roadnathan roadstreet levelrain showerchinese restaurantmtr stationthe club loungedirect accessconvenient locationfree smartphoneexcellent locationvictoria harborhandy phoneshopping centre
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had gone there for our summer holidays with my family including kids from 23rd May 2012 and have stayed there for 3nts.We had a great time at the hotel. We being of Indian ethnicity, food is always a problem when traveling abroad especially with kids as we are strict vegetarians.But hats off to the Excecutive Chef he was so courteous that looking at our problem during the breakfast he ordered one of his chef who was also an Indian to prepare vegetarian food of our choice..Wat more could we ask for. Also the rooms were spacious (unlike other hotels of hongkong)...Overall a very good experience.Staff as also polite and courteous and were extending themselves to serve us in the best possible way Everything was nearby whether shopping, Indian dining, MTR..We felt that we are roaming in our own country.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was our 10th visit to Hong Kong and this is by far the best hotel that we have stayed at. The hotel is very modern and almost feels like a W hotel. The rooms had the standard twin double beds and a long bench in front of the window. We had 2 different rooms during our stay (we left for Macau for 2 days) and the first room had a view over the pools and the 2nd had views of Victoria Harbor.

The bathroom was perfect for families. There is an large shower open on one side facing the tub. The kids could splash around in the tub without getting the floor wet and then get dried off in the shower area after their bath. The double mirrors over the sink was actually a sliding door that could open up to the room. You could watch the kids in the room or watch tv while brushing your teeth. There was also a door in the bathroom that accessed the closet so that you didn't have to bring any clothes into the bathroom, just have it ready in the closet. They also offered all the amenities (toothbrush, razor, cotton swabs, comb etc.) and the housekeeping services were excellent.

We had the breakfast buffet included in our package, which included meals for 2 adults and 2 kids. They had an excellent selection of fruit juices - watermelon, honeydew, grapefruit, and orange. There was 2 types of congee available with all the usual topping and the fried dough sticks. There was also a noodle soup station. There was dim sum and other chinese food available but these were not their best dishes. I like the pancake and Belgium waffles that were made to order next to the egg station, which made fried eggs, scrambled, or omelets to order. There was also ham, bacon, canadian bacon, and a smoked salmon. The breakfast pastries were also good - I liked the pain au chocolat.

My husband used the gym facilities and thought it was very updated and well equipped. We did not have time to try out the pools, though we did see other guests swimming from our room.

The location is the only thing that could be improved at the wonderful hotel. The hotel is actually located in East Tsim Sha Tsui. Even though you can access the MTR area quickly, either across the street from the hotel where there is an elevator (we had a stroller) or through the K11 mall, the actual entrance to the MTR area is at least a 7-10minute walk (there are 2 people movers and an open area before you get the the station's G exit). The hotel is located in between 2 MTR lines. So while it is nice that you can walk underground to get to many different areas, it's A LOT of walking underground. Above ground gets a little confusing and around the hotel are a bunch of small side streets which were a little scary if you weren't sure you were walking the right way to the hotel. Luckily I was with my parents who are Hong Kong natives. Also the since the hotel is new, it would be handy to keep the hotel's business card/map that you are given at check in to show to taxi drivers since the hotel's main taxi entrance is underground and there isn't a direct street drop off area or you can tell them it's a the K-11 mall.

We didn't really shop or eat at the K-11 mall, but there is a Jason's marketplace on the 2nd floor (?) so that you can buy drinks, snacks, candy, etc. Across the street from the K-11 mall is the Tsui Wah restaurant, a well known Hong Kong style cafe with reasonable prices and large corner tables if you have a group.

i would recommended staying here just because the hotel is so nice and new and the breakfast buffet is delicious. However, traveling with little kids and anyone who has some difficulty walking, the location is just too far from the MTR entrance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DingHo K
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel reception, restaurants, rooms and other common areas are modern and well designed. It's an international, modern style with an Asian touch.

The rooms are quite big and the double rooms are spacy enough for two people. The room had all the amenities I expect from this kind of hotel and then some.

Nice and spacy bathroom with both bath tub and shower.

I'm a Hyatt Diamond member so had access to the Club lounge. It's nice and relaxed and with a view over the harbour and the city. The selections for breakfast is somewhat limited in the club.

The staff is professional. They are so professional that it feels a bit arrogant. They do their jobs well, but it is strained. It is as if they have been thought how to smile and talk politely and would not have done it otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
XavierPech, Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We appreciate your feedback on the employee attitude, this has been addressed with the concerned parties to ensure that our usual high standards are met in future. We have also noted your comments about selection for breakfast at Regency Club Lounge. Please be advised that we are regularly reviewing our food varieties and make necessary changes if needed. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the hotel design and facilities. We were delighted to receive such recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

After spending our first night in Hong Kong at W Hong Kong, we spent our next two nights at the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, situated in the heart of the Tsim Sha Tusi business and tourist district within the K11 building. The hotel occupies Level 3 to 24 of the mixed-use complex K11 and sits atop the six-story K11 Art Mall.

I’m not going to lie, before settling on this property, I spent a lot of time debating if I should stay right on Hong Kong island or in Kowloon. After reading numerous Hong Kong trip reports and reviews saying that Kowloon was the better pick because it is less crowded and offered breath-taking skyline views of Hong Kong, I was sold with two more nights in Kowloon.

The reviews were right; in my opinion, staying in Kowloon was the right decision for many of those reasons and more. Plus, getting to Hong Kong is a breeze via the ferry. For all of my Jersey/NYC readers, the distance between Hong Kong and Kowloon is comparable to the distance between Hoboken and Manhattan.

It’s funny, when first booking this Hyatt, I realized that I absent-mindlessly booked the wrong property; I booked the other Hyatt Regency in Kowloon, the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, by accident. Whoops. It wasn’t until literally hours before our flight from New York to Hong Kong that I realized I made the mistake. Luckily I called Hyatt immediately and told them what happened. They then told me that my mistake was extremely common, and they were able to rebook me in the correct property. I did have to pay the 6,000-point difference though (the Hyatt Regency in Sha Tin has a nightly rate of 12,000 vs. 15,000 points for the Tsim Sha Tsui location).

We stayed two nights at this property for free using 30,000 Hyatt points transferred from my Chase Ultimate Rewards balance (15,000 per night), and we had an extremely pleasant stay. We arrived at the hotel a few hours before check in, but were able to get a room immediately, and we actually got upgraded into a “deluxe room” (deluxe as in bigger bathroom). The lobby grounds and rooms appeared to be very new, and the location was excellent. We were literally able to explore all of Kowloon by foot as well as walk to the Star Ferry terminal to get to Hong Kong without a problem. My only gripe about the hotel was that you had to pay for wireless in all areas of the hotel (including the lobby). You can avoid that all together if you have Platinum or Diamond status with Hyatt or by walking a few blocks to the many McDonald’s nearby that offer free wifi.

As far as the room itself, it was a bit small but offered everything we could possibly need and was comfortable, clean, and modern. The room was stocked with complimentary bottles of water, bath robes, slippers, and plenty of standard toiletries including toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower caps, nail files, etc. Overall we had a great 2 night stay here and would certainly recommend this location due to its prime location in the heart of the Tsim Sha Tsui district.

The beds were a bit on the harder side, but were still comfortable.

Flat screen TV and work desk

View of Hong Kong from the window

Very beautiful bathroom with giant shower/bathtub

For my complete review, including pictures, please visit my blog post about this property here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/justanotherpointstraveler/2012/05/21/hotel-review-hyatt-regency-hong-kong-tsim-sha-tsui/

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have a nice bathroom
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aaucello
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This place was phenomenal!! Absolutely beautiful, not to mention spacious for rooms for the location. Was lucky enough to have a fantastic view over Kowloon. Everything was pristine. The only problem is, now I compare everything to this hotel. Breakfast was a very nice buffet style.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple