“Convenience and comfort”

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui
Ranked #44 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui for three nights. The location is very good right on top of K11 and MTR. As a typical room for hotels in Hong Kong, we may find the room is a bit small once we just arrived in the room. However, after spent a few minutes in the room, we found that the room is practical and all inroom facilities were arranged properly and were able to change the feeling that the room size is just right making us feel comfortable. A handy smart phone is provided in the room and we can use it for free local calls, wifi hotspot when going out, tourist info and etc. Love this inroom innovative amenity very much because I can stay connected all time.

The service is very excellent especially concierge. A staff at Concierge efficiently assist me to contact Lost&Found of Thai Airways as I left my bag on the plane. 10 minutes later, when I switched on TV, there was a message from Concierge advising me that my bag is at TG office with full info how to go and get it back. Excellent!

I recommend to stay in Club Room so you can enjoy breakfast and evening snack on 23 floor with very nice view of Hong Kong.

I personally like this hotel as convenience and comfort is well combined and delivered through 5-star service.

1  Thank PattyLerd
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear PattyLerd, thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that you find our location convenient. Thank you for your positive feedback about the handy smartphone feature. I was delighted that our Concierge team managed to locate your bag from the airline and we were glad to receive your recognition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is right in the heart of things in Tsim Sha Tsui. In the same building there is a good selection of shopping and dining. Being only 100 meters from Nathan Road and with an entrance to the MTR subway in the basement makes for easy forays into the shopping and eating mayhem of Hong Kong. The rooms are quiet, modern, and clean although not large. A couple with 2 suitcases will feel crowded. Strangely the bathroom is quite large, with more free floor space than the rest of the room.
The Chinese restaurant in the hotel does an excellent Dim Sum lunch. A bit more expensive than in nearby local restaurants but more than worth the extra for the quality of the food on their set menu all you can eat lunch. Highly recommended.
Disappointed that Gold Passport late check out was unavailable. Seems that the hotel is very busy with mainland visitors in the weekend, as evidenced by constant crowds in the lobby.
Overall quite good value for the quality and the location and we would stay there again..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fy66
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was one of the worst customer service Hotel I have ever stayed at for paying an extra fee for Club Level experience. I asked for an extra bed in room they had to ask permission, the room shown on the website for club level appears to be much larger then the actual room, your guess has to pay extra for the breakfast on club level and the Club Level staff had to always confirm with management at the lower level to make any decisions. The Hyatt Club Level staff were not able to make any common sense decisions for the business traveler. What should have taken 5 minutes took 30 minutes for each finale reply. It took over 4 hours to get my bags to the room which they could not figure why it took that long. Business travelers that need to focus on business and not issues of the hotel club level staff should stay away from this place.

Room Tip: Vacation maybe but business stay away. They focus more on the quick $$$ from tourist and forget abo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank brian s
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear bran s, thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay. I was disappointed to learn that your experience has been less than satisfactory. We appreciate your valuable feedback which has been shared with the team as it is only through concerned individuals like yourself that we are able to monitor and improve our service level. Best regards, Xavier Pech – General Manager.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt TST is located on top of the K11 shopping mall in Kowloon. The hotel occupies the top few floors of the K11 Art Mall. Its close proximity to the TST and TST east MTR station is a plus point.

Because of its location, the Hyatt Regency TST has a very "compact" design. The hotel's driveway is part of the underground B3 carpark of K11. As always, I took the free shuttle bus K3 from Kowloon Station after alighting from the Airport Express. It is the second stop on the bus route.

Upon arrival at B3 at the bus alighting area, the staff rushed to assist me with the unloading of bags. I was ushered into the lift to the lobby which was probably on the 7th or 8th floor. The lobby is small and compact.

Check in was fast and efficient. The manager had emailed me a few days earlier to request for my arrival time. During the check in, I was asked if I needed a late check-out (One of the privilages of the Gold Passport Membership).

I stayed on the 22nd floor and when I entered the room, there was a faint smell of cigarette smoke. Its disappointing as I had encoutered this on a previos visit. I think the hotel needs to spray Air freshener in the rooms after such guests check out. Its only right especially if guests chose to smoke in a non-smoking room.

The hotel room was extremely clean and well mantained. The finishings in the hotel room and toilet surpass other Hyatt hotels I have visited in some other countries and despite the small size of the rooms, it is extremely comfortable. There was a Nespresso machine (Only topped up once though I stayed for 3 nights). The rain shower is the perfect remedy to a headache.

I do not like the internet connection. I have to keep logging in every 4 hours. Its stupid. Some other hotels only require a re- log in after 24 hours.

The staff were extremely efficient and my room was cleaned on time every day. The staff greeted me everyday. In November 2011, I stayed in the hotel and staff left a birthday cake on my Mum's birthday. That was very sweet of them.

Breakfast at the cafe was very good and included in the rate I booked. The selection was excellent in the cafe. I tried the buffet dinner at the cafe and had dinner at Hugos. Dinner at Hugos was amazing but expensive as expected. They cooked and prepared certain dishes by the table.

The gymnasium was 24 hours and the equipment (except rowing machine) was working well.

On the whole, the Hyatt Regency TST did not disappoint and this is my 5th visit since 2011. The hotel is well mantained and the smart phone in the room is one of the perks staying here. I was pleased that the service is amazing. (I left a request for an extra pillow on the request card and the extra pillow was delivered.)

I will always consider returning here again. The hotel has an excellent location, well mantained rooms and excellent service. I must admit the cigarette smell in the rooms during my last 2 stays was not so nice and I hope they act on it.

One last point... The rate I booked promised some shopping privilages or something that was not mentioned when I checked in.
(Sigh...)

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Edmundyong, thank you for the comprehensive review. We are delighted to read your positive comments on our service and facilities and that you find our location convenient. We appreciate your feedback about the internet connection, guestroom condition and check-in service, please be assured these have been addressed accordingly. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back next time. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 1 night on the way to Europe then 3 nights before heading home .
Must say I was disappointed with the staff at reception both times .
The restaurant staff were amazing and could not do enough for you.
Location is fantastic with the subway being next door.

2  Thank Grumpymum65
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have absolutely no complaints about my stay at the Hyatt Regency in Hong Kong. Everything is exceptionally clean. The staff is friendly and attentive. The beds are comfortable. It's quiet. The design is elegant. The wifi works well. The food is fantastic.

I was here for a few days of business meetings at the hotel, and the services for those meetings were equally satisfying. In fact, the attentiveness of the staff during those meetings was unbelievable. Every time we took a break, within seconds they had refilled my water glass (with ninja-like stealth) and were offering me coffee/tea. When we had minor technical difficulties projecting, there were instantly three staff members there to assist.

I ate at their main restaurant a number of times where the food was always delicious and the selection was unbelievable. Whatever you like for breakfast (American, European, Asian) they have it. Lunch and dinner also offered a wide selection of tasty food.

The location is convenient too. This place gets a big thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
XavierPech, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear tone33s, thank you very much for the great review. It is a pleasure to learn of your satisfaction with the various components of the meeting and your compliments to our food, service and facilities. We are delighted to hear that you find our location convenient. Look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Xavier Pech - General Manager.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed at Hyatt Regency Hotel expecting the great customer service that is usually expected from this five star chain.
The receptionist handling our check in was efficient. However, we really felt that we were at a train station with all the crowds and loud people in the lobby. All employees were efficient at doing their jobs (I have to admit and be honest about that) but it doesn’t hurt them to smile and not be so gruff. We totally felt that our stay was like a handout rather than paying customers and Hyatt Regency is not cheap.
Getting there was not easy. The hotel is situated on a one way street. They have a B3 level for taxis and cars, but I guess our taxi driver did not know how to get there or was unwilling to.
We dragged our luggage to the entrance. The bellboy there took our luggage and gave us a card to give to reception.
They give you a key card, where you can only access the floor where your room is located. Our room was located on the 22nd floor, but the receptionist gave us access to 20th floor. We had to go back to reception and get that sorted out.
I always like to mention pros and cons of any establishment I stay at. Room service was great. I had ordered an ice bucket, but keeping in mind of what I had experencied so for at Hyatt, that I would wait a long time. The ice bucket came to my room in less than 10 minutes.
We ordered room service for dinner (which is 24 hours) it was efficiently delivered 25 minutes later.
I totally hated their WIFI, where you had to log on every four hours with your room number and name and each time accept their terms of agreement. I have stayed at many hotels and I have not experienced this procedure at all.
We booked two nights, breakfast included, however we did not stay the full next night. We checked out around 10:30 pm because we had a flight at 1:30 am out of Hong Kong.
We asked the receptionist if there is any special discount since we did not stay the full night with breakfast and she said no. The hotel’s policy was that they can allow a late checkout up to 6pm but not to 10; 30 pm and we fully respected that.
The breakfast buffet was so crowded. I asked for an omelet and the cook put in all and every ingredient in front of him. I am a vegetarian, and when I began eating my omelet I discovered some ham in it. After that I just left.
I am a frequent traveler, and experencied many breakfast buffets, but this one was so chaotic.
Upon checking out, we polity asked since we checked out early, if there was a possibility that they deduct the room service dinner that we ordered the previous night from our bill. The receptions gave us such a cold stare that my husband was willing to pay extra so that she just stops doing that.
I asked such a thing because; we stayed at The Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas and upon reviewing our bill upon checking out (mind you we did not pay yet) they had accidently double charged us for dry cleaning. It was the same amount, to us it was no problem just deduct the extra charge. No big deal. However the receptionist was so apologetic and deducted our room service dinner from the previous night.
Also we stayed at the Sheraton in Salt Lake City and there were dog hairs on one of the beds. They came and promptly changed the beddings. When we mentioned it the next morning upon check out, also the receptionist apologized profusely and deducted our room service breakfast from the bill.
I would advise Hyatt Regency in Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui to reevaluate their customer service, because it is really awful. I have stayed at 5 start hotels and even 3 -4 star apartment hotels but I really got the impression that: if you don’t like it someone else will..
I will never stay at another Hyatt Regency Hotel ever again or recommend it to anyone I care about.

Room Tip: Do not book a room here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple