“again excellent in its details”

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Ranked #53 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 April 2011

great stay, I was upgraded to a suite from a standard executive.
the staff was what made the difference, efficient, extremely informed and polite.
the executive lounge is huge compared to many, with a view over the airport.
extremely quiet for being so busy. the rooms are clean and luxurious, but nothing exciting.
yes it's at an airport, but this one sits on an island and the view is still beautiful.
Asia world expo at your doorstep, no fuss, no stress with any transport and if you need a break you have the cable car and shopping 2kms away with a complimentary shuttle (includes one for the airport too, every 20mins). bit far from town, but if you have a flight in the morning, its ideal.
I just left the keys since it was crowded in the morning, so the express checkout in the room was top notch, bill delivered to me by email and I was off.

see you next time =)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,143)

Reviewed 13 April 2011

Summary: We had a reasonably comfortable stay, but I felt that the property had some minor but unnecessary shortcomings. I expected better designed rooms for the price we paid. Given the choice, I would stay at Novotel Citygate instead. Having said that, my husband is a Marriott Platinum card holder, so it's likely we'll be back at this Marriott again. Thankfully my issues with the place are not major.

Hotel:
- Relatively new, but upon close inspection, not as polished as other (older) Marriotts.

Rooms:
- Our room was fairly spacious with all the usual 5-star amenities.
- Bed, pillows and mattress were great.
- TV had lots of good channels.
- I felt the bathroom was poorly designed.
1) You either have a proper shower screen or a shower curtain. Having half a shower screen may look nice but it's not practical.
2) There was brown liquid seeping out of the side of the bathtub. This may have been a problem specific to our room but it was disturbing nonetheless.
3) Also, when I was showering, I noticed that the clear portion dividing the bathtub and the sink area had a host of dead and live insects trapped inside the gap. How they got inside was a mystery to me, but they were clearly unable to escape.
4) The hotel put the usual placard by the sink advising us to save the environment by placing towels on the rack. This rack was non-existent. There were 4 of us staying in the room - 2 adults and 2 children, and hence 4 towels to hang up, but only one tiny hook. Not even a double-hook. Most hotels have a rack above the bathtub in addition to a hook behind the door. This room had neither.

Executive lounge:
- Huge. Largest Marriott lounge I've ever seen. But no couch area like in some other Marriotts, only eating tables.
- Good breakfast selection with egg station.
- Staff were greatly outnumbered by guests and struggled to keep up with clearing tables etc.

Service:
- Courteous and efficient.
- Concierge guys were very friendly. They helped store our bags an extra night while we stayed over at Noah's Ark.

Others:
- We appreciated the free shuttle buses to the airport and Citygate. Both seemed to be frequent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We arrived at the airport and waited only about 5min for our pick up service, friendly staff and check inn was like always a breeze. Perfect location next to the airport and it actually has a great view too! We have been staying at the Marriott Sky city a few times now and will do so in the future!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SAinnanjing
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My wife and I were en-route to Australia and decided to do a stop over. This hotel is certainly ideal for this purpose, especially as it is close to the airport, provides a shuttle service and has plenty of facilities. The room was ideal and very comfortable and although it was only an overnight stop we enjoyed the stay. I would definately use the hotel again given the same reason of wanting to break a journey.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

A great choice for anyone flying into or out of Hong Kong. The location is close to the airport, but noise is not a problem, and the free shuttle bus makes it easy to travel between the two. The rates are considerably lower than hotels in central or Kowloon, and I'd recommend choosing one which includes breakfast. The early morning buffet is terrific -- great variety and quality -- and its a bargain when included in the room price. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, though the decor was a bit odd; it looked like someone was striving for ultra modern but didn't quite get there. We had a room near the elevators, which I usually try to avoid, but in this case we were not bothered at all. I doubt that many people will stay here for sightseeing or business in HK proper, but the airport express trains run into the city frequently and there is a large bus terminal at the air terminal which makes it possible to travel into the city or Kowloon in about 50 minutes and at less cost (about HK$40 one way, rather than the HK$80 to HK$90 for the train). The only real negative I noted was that the staff, though efficient, seemed somewhat robotic. They were not very pleasant and could learn to smile once in awhile.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Better than your garden variety airport hotels.

Close to transit, World Asia Expo, Disney.

Great place if using Hong Kong as a pass through stop.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I check in at the Marriott Sky View counter at the airport where a free shuttle to the hotel is already prepared for me. The hotel lobby is always filled with multitude of foreign people either arriving or leaving, and the hotel staff are always pleasant. This hotel is meant for the airport travelers or overnight layover guests, such as myself. Check in lines take some time, so let the bag man take your luggage so you don’t have to wait. Rooms are decent size with the usual Asian accessories. After traveling for over 24 hours I want to shower and get some rest. *( I jump in and try to figure the shower nozzle out. There are 3 different ones. The water pressure is my second favorite part of the hotel, I just blasts all the dirt off of you with a pressure compared to a self server car wash. Refreshed it time for some email (for a fee) and a quick note to the wife.)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business