“Outstanding service!”

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Ranked #47 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed in the Ocean Executive Suite. The room is very spacious and has a separate living area. We were there for an exhibition at the Asia World Expo next door so the hotel was super convenient. The staff were all very polite and helpful especially in the executive lounge where we would go evening cocktails. The breakfast buffet at the lobby level is so large it's almost like a dinner buffet! The Man Ho Chinese restaurant was a delight and one of the staff, Louis, took very good care of us. The bakery counter, Java, at lobby level has nice sandwiches and other goodies to take away for lunch. The concierge and housekeeping staff were always helpful. The indoor swimming pool and health club is of a high standard.

Any cons? We got our suite on the 2nd floor but that was because we wanted "smoking". Difficult to get a taxi in the evening to go to the nearby city gate mall! But they do have a shuttle bus service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 May 2014

After a 12 hour flight from Amman the shuttle from the airport to the hotel was much welcomed.
We were met with smiles and professionalism at the hotel. The check in was quick and efficient. Information about getting around was detailed and useful. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had. Pastries fresh, options abundant and service with a smile.The fresh juice bar was a unique twist I hadnt seen on any previous travels. Check out was as swift as check in. Overall a great hotel for the night.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Farfromlondon
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I know this must be my third review of this hotel, but since I do travel quite a lot I do feel I want to review my frequent hotels frequently since they sometimes tend to loose their shine after the first few trip!

Great location, great breakfast and great service!

Room Tip: Any of the many rooms we stayed in, all are great, just stay away from the elevators as they tend to...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SAinnanjing
Reviewed 4 May 2014

During my recent business trip to the Far East, I overnighted at the SkyCity Marriott (during the back end of my trip) and in the Regal Airport Hotel (on the front end of my trip). Overall, I would expect better from a Marriott property. Although the room was spacious, the walls were "thin" and one could hear sounds from both adjoining rooms and through the ceiling (in addition to planes taking off and landing). In my case, the noise levels in an adjoining room were bothersome (I contacted the front desk, but no change occurred). Further, the cups and water glasses in the coffee area were soiled (there was lipstick on both coffee cups). I ate one dinner on the property and the food was acceptable (but nothing special). In my opinion, the Regal Airport Hotel is a better choice on a number of dimensions: (1) it was more convenient (accessible right from Terminal 1), (2) cheaper, (3) quieter, and (4) a higher value (I stayed on the executive level and it included a free buffet breakfast).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I spent a night at this property on our way to Bali. The hotel is beautiful, extremely clean and the service levels are very high. Every staff interaction we had during our stay exceeded our expectations. The food and beverage is also excellent at this hotel. I would highly recommend this property and will stay again on a future trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Flied in from China and had an one night here before catching next day's flight out.
Got on the shuttle around 11PM, and it took about 5 mins to the hotel. To my surprise, a staff was waiting in front of the hotel for me and led me to my room right away for in room check in. The staff also informed the lounge was still open so I paid a visit; unfortunately, it's late so only soft drinks and coffee. I went there again the second morning for breakfast but it was not good; fortunately, I was told I could also go to lobby for buffet breakfast and it was a feast!
I also had a chance to check out the gym - it's good (not great) but well run and VERY clean. And the staff there was very nice and helpful too.

I had been to couple dozens of different Marriott or Renaissance hotels, but this Marriott is almost in Ritz level! It's definitely more than your average airport hotel -- however, be warned, it's rate is not your average airport hotel either... Even so, I definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Arrived to HK @ almost midnite and make use of the Hotel shuttle service from the airport to hotel. Located about 5mins drive from airport.

The room size is quite spacious and facing the sea. Didn't hear any sound of aeroplane. For Muslim, the hotel provide Halal ala carte menu. The breakfast buffet is not Halal tho.

Convenient to go to Disneyland & Citygate outlet as there's shuttle service provided. Overall. it's a great hotel to stay with family. I had travelled with my 3 children.

Room Tip: If travelling with family, do request for the 2 double bed room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family