“First class hotel”

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Ranked #44 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on several one night stopovers for connecting flights. I was impressed the first time I stayed with the courteous service and great breakfast buffet. For the follow-up stays, I was greeted by name at the door and escorted to my room. The free shuttle to/from the airport is a nice bonus. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This will continue to be my first choice when flying into Hong Kong for a layover before a connecting flight.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jrdem11
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for here for one night to rest our heads before our connecting flight to Vietnam the next day. We got the free shuttle to and from the airport, this is a great service. The hotel itself is very nice and quiet. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable just what we needed after an 11 hour flight. Good selections of Asian and western food at breakfast. Room service dinner was also very good. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for stopovers/transit. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kiwilass
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Cathay Pacific airlines put me up in this hotel because of a cancelled flight, so unfortunately I only had a few hours here. Had to get up at 3 am for an early flight. Would have been nice to stay here a bit longer; I got no more than a wonderful dinner, shower, and a nice nap here.
It's a Marriott... So it's wonderful.
The buffet downstairs is fantastic. I am never excited when I hear the word buffet, and I was not terribly hungry, but had a wonderful plate of salad and cheese and crackers, grapes, dried fruit, and ordered a killer glass of wine. There were plenty of both Asian and western options for dinner, and it was delicious. Service, as expected, was top notch, and the room was very comfortable.
I had issues with a few small things, like hair on the floor, and a beautiful shower with a drain installed flat to the wall where water wouldn't drain right. It filled up the bottom of the shower to the point that it started running into the bathroom floor. Not a deal breaker, but a small detail that made a big mess. Aside from that, it was quite enjoyable. The shampoos and soaps were divine. Could have been more (enjoyable) television channels, but all in all, it was great.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I only needed a clean, quiet bed for a 12-hour layover, and unfortunately for me there were no decent, less-expensive options by HKA, but I got what I paid for -- a truly spectacular night's sleep in a very comfortable, well-appointed room. The free airport shuttle was reliable, too. It's truly only 5 minutes from the terminal. If it were in a better location, I would want to stay here again, but it's not exactly a destination in itself, and it's more expensive than I usually go for. But when you only have 12 hours, you don't want to waste 1.5-2 commuting into the city and back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KarenKate7
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very convenient location to the airport. I have stayed at 2 other hotels near the airport prior to this stay and have found the SkyCity Marriott to be far the best. The level of personalised service at check-in was excellent. The room and facilities were excellent and room service was quick.
Check Out was quick and the shuttle bus to the airport on time. I will definitely be staying here again on my next layover through Hong Kong.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Very quiet rooms. Comfortable. Moderately good bar, but the food was somewhat basic. Just 10 minutes walk to the Airport Express station allowing me very easy access to Kowloon or Central. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We arrived after a long flight from Paris. The rooms are clean with lots of thoughtful extras, the beds very comfortable and bathrooms spotless. The staff could not have been more pleasant or helpful. A beautiful pool to rest in too.

Room Tip: Allocated to us but perfect. Beds are large and very comfortable.We were on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nona1958
Peter S, Resident Manager at Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hong Kong SkyCity Marriot hotel and we are glad that we were able to make your stop-over trip an enjoyable one. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,