“Good Hotel that is very close to Hong Kong International Airport”

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
Ranked #47 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Dallas, Texas
“Good Hotel that is very close to Hong Kong International Airport”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Landed at HKG airport around 5pm local time, and we had reserved this hotel near the airport since we just needed a good nights rest to get on local HKG time. Chose a package through the Marriott website that included the buffet breakfast for two adults and one of our two children (don't ask me why the Marriott website only included one child's breakfast buffet in the price). It turns out that you really want to choose this package because the breakfast buffet was excellent at the SkyCity Marriott - it was the best breakfast buffet we had in HKG during our stay.

Rooms - every two bed bedroom in HKG has two double beds rather than two queen size beds. This was fine for our family right now, but this may be an issue in 3 - 5 years for us if we travel back to HKG again. The bathroom was clean and had the general amenities that we needed. Had to ask for extra towels since we all wanted to get cleaned-up after the flight. Room was quite and had a decent view of the airport and the airport golf course.

Dining - best breakfast buffet we had in HKG. Good mix of western and asian dishes. Made to order eggs / omlettes and made to order asian boiled noodles with chosen meats. Two kinds of congee, if you like. HUGE breakfast bread selection, along with made to order pancakes, waffles, or french toast. They had a fresh juice bar - every kind of breakfast juice you could imagine including some that I had not heard of. Fresh cut fruit, cold and hot cereal bar, european cheeses / cold-cut meats / salmon / etc. It's rather pricey if you don't have it included in your room package - so be forewarned.
We also ate at this restaurant the evening we landed. The kids ate off of the childrens menu (good slider-type burger), and I had the steak sandwich. It was the best steak sandwich I had in HKG as well.

All in all I can recommend staying here. It's close to the airport, but it's not very close to anywhere else. The second day we went to HKG Disneyland and the taxi fare was around HKG$175, including our bags (around USD $25) which was pretty reasonable.

Room Tip: We had a room that was a decent walk away from the elevators ("lifts") and it was a quite...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank txboiler1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The service is impeccable, the breakfast buffet is amazing with a congee and din sum station to die for. Shuttle every half hour to get to the underground too! The rooms are a dream with magnificent views and very modern. Everything about my week long stay was perfect and would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Hong Kong.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Darkly_dreaming1
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed at this hotel on several one night stopovers for connecting flights. I was impressed the first time I stayed with the courteous service and great breakfast buffet. For the follow-up stays, I was greeted by name at the door and escorted to my room. The free shuttle to/from the airport is a nice bonus. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This will continue to be my first choice when flying into Hong Kong for a layover before a connecting flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank jrdem11
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for here for one night to rest our heads before our connecting flight to Vietnam the next day. We got the free shuttle to and from the airport, this is a great service. The hotel itself is very nice and quiet. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable just what we needed after an 11 hour flight. Good selections of Asian and western food at breakfast. Room service dinner was also very good. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for stopovers/transit. Would definitely return.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kiwilass
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Cathay Pacific airlines put me up in this hotel because of a cancelled flight, so unfortunately I only had a few hours here. Had to get up at 3 am for an early flight. Would have been nice to stay here a bit longer; I got no more than a wonderful dinner, shower, and a nice nap here.
It's a Marriott... So it's wonderful.
The buffet downstairs is fantastic. I am never excited when I hear the word buffet, and I was not terribly hungry, but had a wonderful plate of salad and cheese and crackers, grapes, dried fruit, and ordered a killer glass of wine. There were plenty of both Asian and western options for dinner, and it was delicious. Service, as expected, was top notch, and the room was very comfortable.
I had issues with a few small things, like hair on the floor, and a beautiful shower with a drain installed flat to the wall where water wouldn't drain right. It filled up the bottom of the shower to the point that it started running into the bathroom floor. Not a deal breaker, but a small detail that made a big mess. Aside from that, it was quite enjoyable. The shampoos and soaps were divine. Could have been more (enjoyable) television channels, but all in all, it was great.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Alan M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I only needed a clean, quiet bed for a 12-hour layover, and unfortunately for me there were no decent, less-expensive options by HKA, but I got what I paid for -- a truly spectacular night's sleep in a very comfortable, well-appointed room. The free airport shuttle was reliable, too. It's truly only 5 minutes from the terminal. If it were in a better location, I would want to stay here again, but it's not exactly a destination in itself, and it's more expensive than I usually go for. But when you only have 12 hours, you don't want to waste 1.5-2 commuting into the city and back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KarenKate7
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very convenient location to the airport. I have stayed at 2 other hotels near the airport prior to this stay and have found the SkyCity Marriott to be far the best. The level of personalised service at check-in was excellent. The room and facilities were excellent and room service was quick.
Check Out was quick and the shuttle bus to the airport on time. I will definitely be staying here again on my next layover through Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business