3,429 results
All reviews airport hotel tung chung close to the airport asia world expo free shuttle asiaworld expo the executive lounge big buddha lantau island between flights an early flight runs every minutes minutes from the airport shuttle service indoor pool outlet mall cable car
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Hong Kong SkyCity. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was very easy. We had booked the executive room and so were offered the choice of checking in at the lounge level, which we did and accepted the offer of a soft drink while waiting for the check-in to be completed. The room was very spacious and comfortable. We were told we were upgraded to an ocean view, but to be honest I don't think this would be worth paying for, as it consisted of dredging equipment building reclaiming land. The cocktails and snacks were generous although the quality not up to other lounges I have been to. There was a choice of a limited continental Breakfast in the lounge or the full buffet in the main restaurant. We opted for the full b'fast which was very good, with a wide selection of both western and asian dishes, I especially enjoyed the Portuguese egg tarts which were the best I've ever tasted.

I looked in at the pool and spa areas, they looked okay. I don't like indoor pools so I didn't use it, would have probably done so if it was open air. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The only negative comment I have is concerned with the pick-up of our luggage from the room as we checked out. We called for a pick-up of our luggage at 9.55, then went to the executive lounge and checked-out, where we once again confirmed we had luggage awaiting pick-up. We then went to the lobby to wait for the shuttle to the airport. A staff member came over to us and we mentioned that we could not see our luggage, he said that there was 10 minutes until the shuttle arrived and that he would check it was to be collected. Ten minutes later the airport shuttle arrived but we had still not received our luggage. Finally a porter was sent to collect the bags. As we had missed the shuttle, a private transfer was arranged for us which minimalized the inconvenience and we were happy with the way the problem was dealt with.

We were also disappointed that the Velocity lounge was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Which doesn't leave too many options for a relaxing drink in the evening if you're not staying at lounge level.

Overall, we had a very good stay and will consider staying again hotel next time we are in Hong Kong.

Room tip: Go for the lounge level if you can, but don't bother paying extra for an ocean view.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice in transit from Australia to Europe. Easy & courteous transfer from the airport. Excellent service at check-in. Large, well appointed rooms on executive level with lovely views. Great choice of food for breakfast. Very big, beautifully kept indoor pool. Free regular shuttle to Citygate Outlet Mall at Chung Tung (10 minutes away) .Made our long-haul flights comfortable and almost fun!

Room tip: Executive level for views and use of executive lounge.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We pre booked this hotel prior to going on holidays as we had a 9 hour wait between flights. What a great idea. We arrived exhausted from Paris and having our luggage checked through to. Melbourne. We also more booked a massage online. After checking in and donning the lovely robes they offer we had the best massage ever. Then up to our room for a shower and a short rest and dinner in the mezzanine restaurant which included Peking duck and sweet and sour pork. All delicious! Incidentally the offer a free shuttle service to and from the terminals which are 5 minutes away. Very worthwhile and we arrived to catch our flight feeling fresh and ready to face a further 8 hour flight.

Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed once again at the SkyCity Marriott as I maaged to get a very good one night deal and I am a member of Marriott Rewards so that I have free wifi in the room which is a nice perk. This is a great hotel and an obvious choice if you are attending the World Expo site for any reason, but even if not, I prefer it to the Regal Airport hotel as it comes across as that much more classy, offering a higher quality experience. However, waiting around for the shuttle bus thaat leaves from the LCC terminal is a bit of a pain but if you are in transit for 24 hours and have checked through your main luggage then you can just get on the Airport Express to World Expo (chargable to an Octopus card at only HKG$5) and walk along the connecting bridge to the hotel's reception. Easy with hand luggage and far quicker than hanging around for the shuttle bus but not an enjoyable option with large hold luggage. Overall, a good choice if you can secure a competitve price but sometimes this hotel can be stupidly expensive - presumably coinciding with a major Expo. I overlooked the sea but could still see (and at times hear) aircraft taking off, making me think that the soundproofing at the Ragal might probably be better as I have never heard anything from their rooms, which may be an issue for light sleepers, but it dd not worry me and I had a great night's rest.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we missed our onward flight connection. The transfer from the airport was seamless and easy, check-in was efficient and the room was lovely. Room allocation was however inflexible (we asked unsuccessfully for an airport view) and were allocated a smoking room as we had not been asked for a preference. An oversight in my opinion. Wireless is only available free in the lobby, otherwise charged at a very expensive rate. The breakfast was the best in the world!!! inclusions such as freshly squeezed fruit and vege juices, fresh blueberries, and mountains of salmon. The reception staff at the hotel were outstanding - special mention to Susandy and Mark who assisted with a late checkout. And to Darren who assisted with printing our new flight bookings. These kind acts were really appreciated.

Room tip: Ask for a nonsmoking room (unless of course you are a smoker!!!)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family