I stayed in Cosmo Hotel Mongkok with my mother for 4 nights recently and here are some of my advices / observations:
1) The hotel provides limousine bus service to the hotel / airport at HKD140 per person per way. I would suggest do not bother to take that. Instead, you can take the Airport Rail Express at a cheaper rate of HKD90 per way, alight at Kowloon Station, and wait for the hotel shuttle bus. Timetable for the shuttle bus is available at the hotel's website. The bus is grey in colour with the hotel name on it. The waiting area is at the drop-off point at the Ground Floor, very convenient I would say.
2) Be sure to book your room early from the hotel's website as they have discounted rates and come with free wifi.
3) The room is very small, and if both of you guys are of larger built, chances that both of you to knock into each other or hit the luggages are high. Room comes with 2 complimentary bottled mineral water, hair dryer, and basic toiletries. Not forgetting their Ipod / Iphone dock! No problem in charging Iphones! Very good wifi connection too!
4) The hotel's shuttle bus service runs once per hour and stops at 3 places:
a) Langham Place, Mongkok - A shopping mall and where Mongkok MTR Station is located.
b) China Hong Kong City - Another shopping mall located at Tsim Sha Tsui area and you can get a ferry to Macau / Mainland China.
c) Kowloon Station - Trains to the airport / Disneyland / Other parts of Hong Kong.
Be sure to be early for the shuttle bus as the bus is small and gets full very fast during peak hours (mornings). The male drivers are pretty rude though when it comes to driving. Despite that, there is one female boy-cut driver who is very nice and gentle! I think she likes classical music as she would switch on the classical music radio channel and it's very relaxing after a long day walk! Kudos to her and we love her service!
5) The hotel is close to many amenities and restaurants! 24-hour McDonald's is just located opposite! You can get other local restaurants, pharmacies, and mini markets along the street! Rest assured that you won't get starved during midnight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book this hotel online to enjoy free in-room 100Mbps WiFi and a 24-Hour Full Stay (for hotel official site booking only)! This Mongkok boutique hotel is 100% smoke-free, where Ladies Market and Temple Street night market are just within 10-15 minutes away for a local shopping experience. Free daily shuttle to Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui and West Kowloon is also available. The fitness studio is open 24 hours. Dorsett Mongkok is an EarthCheck bronze benchmarked hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong