“This hotel would be the first option for my travel in HK.”
Review of Butterfly on Prat

Butterfly on Prat
Ranked #50 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“This hotel would be the first option for my travel in HK.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is undergoing some trouble as there are renovation going on due to the change of tenancy. However, this does not bother me as the hotel staff attended my request immediately and get me a nice and quiet room.

Staff that I would specially give credits to is Stephen, he do really give the best service he can and assist me in my problem. Thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2013
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for reviewing your experience. It's wonderful to know that you were impressed by the friendly services of Stephen and our guest service team. We hope our advice and assistant have made your trip more fruitful. Thanks again for your review and we loved to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights as I wanted to be in Tsim Sha Tsui. This was a very nice modern hotel with friendly staff. On a trip a few years ago I stayed a different hotel in the area which was priced much higher than this hotel. I would say they were comparable although the other hotel was much larger. The room was big enough for HK and the bathroom was actually quite spacious.
The MAC computers in the lobby was nice to have and the MTR and Nathan Road was a couple of blocks away which made it easy to access other areas of HK. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel and our guest services team, we look forward to bring you an even better experience the next time you visit us!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Was the first time I had stayed at this hotel, and it was for 8nights. Was checked into 1611 and the room is well sized (for HK) for solo or a couple traveling.

Bed was firm (but not too hard) and supportive. Options of both soft and firm pillows was good, matched to little butterflies clipped on denoting which was which. Reasonable large bar fridge with freezer, and surprisingly a microwave which I didn't get to put to any use. Complimentary wired and wireless internet is fast, good for our ever-connected world these days. A couple of bottles of water, refilled daily.

Good location, only minutes away from an MTR entrance. Plenty of shopping and eating options around.

Only issue is the sound proofing, being next to the level's house keeping area, very noisy when they were going in and out

Room Tip: Choose a room as far away from the house keeping area as possible
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent experience with Butterfly on Prat. It's very nice to understand that you were pleased with our hotel as well as different facilities and services. We will also review with housekeeping team regarding their work next to guest room in order to provide a more pleasant environment for our guests.

Hope you had a good time shopping and dining in our neighborhood area too, we look forward to serve you again in the not too far future.
Whistable UK
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

If you want a good central location in a room you will still find agreeable after a week but which still give you change out of £1k this will suit. Chumking Mansions will give you the location cheaper but more hostel than hotel. This is in a side street, close to the MTR (metro) and in walking distance of Star Ferry in Kowloon so you are in the thick of it. Free shuttle K4 to airport metro is just around the corner. Calls itself 'boutique' for which read small(ish) rooms and modernist decor but not prices often associated with this price. We were on 17th, top but one floor and found it quiet. Good use made of space in room. Good space in shower and good flow of hot water well controlled. Facilities in room good without being over de luxe. Useful micro wave. Comfortable, not cramped. Attractively designed modernist decor well lighted. Not so recently done but right side of scruffy and reflected in price. No view much from our room but again keeps down the price in an expensive city. Well run place: front desk, lifts, room servicing all run pleasantly and unobtrusively. If you are out enjoying the city and want a pleasant place to come back to this is good value.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for your positive comment. We are glad our guest services, room quality, hotel location have met your expectation, and most importantly you had a pleasant experience with us. In order to offer the most refreshing and comfortable experience for our guests, we already started some improvement and touch up work in specific guest rooms. We are confident that you will found our quality even better when you return and visit us again in the future.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in TST which is kind off like the old centre area of hong kong. So the skyscrapers are on the other side of the water. Much is going on in this area, and if i am honest, for a three day trip i would recommend the Center side of hong Kong. A lot of things to do are based from this area. About the hotel now!!! The staff is very friendly! Compliment on that. Rooms are perfect for city trip. Extra facilitations score a bit lower for me. But is you have a good deal i def recommend this hotel! Close enough to MTR (5min walk)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your review, we are pleased that you had a nice stay with us and you were impressed by our guest services team. Thanks for your recommendation, we'll definitely keep up our great quality standard and we look forward to welcome you back.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It's my first time to book this hotel. When we checked in room 1606 So lovely n warmly welcome coz they let more butterflies on our pillow. Room is valuable and clean with more plug. The location near mtr and shopping mall. The front is friendly

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thanks a lot for your nice review, we hope your trip was as joyful as the colorful butterflies on our pillows. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Checked in on the 9th afternoon to the Hotel, as soon as I walked into the room on the 1201, I can smell the humitity of the room right away. It feels like no one has been living here for a long time. Immediately, this does not represent as a high quality hotel to me.

I call the front desk and explain the situation, they said they will handle it but needs no one in the room. Thus, I went out to do some shopping and came back during the evening. Go up to my room, same thing. Nothing much has done to the room that I can noticed. I called the front desk again, a guy came up with a spray and expect to help the problem? To me, that is not very well managed hotel already. So I said to the guy if I will be able to change the room. He asked me to call the front desk. I made the call, and there are rooms available. Front desk told me the room is at the lower floor and it is smaller. I went to check the room 1009, the room is smaller but doesn't smell as bad. So, I took the room. However, as soon as I sat on my bed, the sheet is pretty wet. You can felt the humitity on the sheet. At that point, i am too tired to complain. Obviously, I will never come back nor recommended to any of my friends.

But, that's not all. The bed is facing directly to the air condition. So when I tired to turn the air condition on, the cold air will blow directly to my head. So I have to turn it off. And the next morning, I can smell someone is painting on the next door and I don't like that at all. Apparently, many rooms in the hotel still renovating, so some other floor is quiet noise during the weekday.

Terrible terrible experience and not recommended for anyone.
Shang

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. I paired 200+ USD on a Saturday night, I could have gone to many other hotels.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Shang1982
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly on Prat, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thanks a lot for reviewing your recent experience. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as we expected. We totally understand the importance of our room condition, and it was unfortunate that we were not able to improve your impression with the dehumidifying and room change arrangement. We truly believe our hotel standard is much better than the score we get this time, if we have a chance to welcome you back we promise it would be a much more pleasant experience.