I live in China and go to HK regularly to update my visa, so I've stayed at Butterfly on Prat twice now and will definitely be doing so again.
When you arrive at the hotel there is always someone to greet you at the door. When you walk into the lobby you'll notice a really unique (and very pleasant) smell. Check in both times for me has been quick and smooth. One time, my partner and I didn't have our passports as we had already been to the visa office but we had no trouble checking in with other photo id and by presenting the credit card i booked with (along with the booking receipt). Also recently, we arrived early (around 10.30am) and they checked us in straight away even though check in is usually at 2pm AND upgraded us!
I've stayed in both the deluxe and superior rooms. I can't say there is much difference between the two other than the view. I think the website states there is about a 5 sq m difference or so but I hardly noticed that. Since the hotel only opened last December everything still seems new.
I thought the room size was generous for HK. You might think it is small, but remember hotel rooms are generally tiny in HK (and i have stayed in some tiny rooms there!) so you'll just have to take my word on it. The queen size bed is one of the softest i have slept in (in HK), the pillows are also soft. If you need firm pillows for a good nights rest this is not the place for you.
Like another reviewer pointed out the only problem with the rooms are the bathroom windows. Since my first stay, they have installed a blind on the clear glass window; however, the sliding door still has uncovered clear panels. But if you're not entering/exiting or using the wardrobe at the time someone is on the crapper you shouldn't have a problem.
The room comes with en empty mini bar fridge. Which is great as you can lots of things in there if you need. The room also comes with a kettle, microwave, tea, coffee and a dvd player. The bathroom amenities include shower cap, vanity kit, sanitary bag, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel of which the last four smell divine. However, I noticed there are no toothbrushes provided, so it would be a good idea to remember to bring your own or by one at the local 7/11.
The hotel has a small gym; however, i can't comment as I have yet to have time to inspect it. There are also two restaurants, one Japanese and one Russian.
As the hotel is located on Prat Avenue there is lots to do. I'll just list a few things we found convenient.
The MTR is about a 5min walk to the hotel, if you take exit A2. There are about 2 or 3 7/11's along your way. I also noticed 2 ATMs which gave you the choice of withdrawing RMB or HK dollars - great if you're from China or heading into China. We normally enjoy eating at one of the Indian restaurants in the area but I also like the soup from DeliFrance which you can find on the corner of Prat Avenue about 1 min walk from the hotel. Harbour City shopping mall also is a short 10min walk from the hotel. If you get a chance visit Kowloon Park (which is on your way to Harbour City). It's a huge public garden with many surprises. I highly recommend it if you have a free couple hours.
Lastly, there is some construction going on outside the front of the hotel at this time. I had no trouble sleeping in past 10am. However, if you are a light sleeper this might bother you.
More to add:
- The staff are exceptional!!
- There are two laptops in the lobby for guests to use with internet. I found they came in handy many times!
- Use 'travelasia.com' to book. We stayed Wednesday night for $450HKD and previously a Thursday night for $500HKD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong