“I ♥ Butterfly on Prat!”
Review of Butterfly on Prat

Butterfly on Prat
Ranked #51 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I live in China and go to HK regularly to update my visa, so I've stayed at Butterfly on Prat twice now and will definitely be doing so again.

When you arrive at the hotel there is always someone to greet you at the door. When you walk into the lobby you'll notice a really unique (and very pleasant) smell. Check in both times for me has been quick and smooth. One time, my partner and I didn't have our passports as we had already been to the visa office but we had no trouble checking in with other photo id and by presenting the credit card i booked with (along with the booking receipt). Also recently, we arrived early (around 10.30am) and they checked us in straight away even though check in is usually at 2pm AND upgraded us!

I've stayed in both the deluxe and superior rooms. I can't say there is much difference between the two other than the view. I think the website states there is about a 5 sq m difference or so but I hardly noticed that. Since the hotel only opened last December everything still seems new.

I thought the room size was generous for HK. You might think it is small, but remember hotel rooms are generally tiny in HK (and i have stayed in some tiny rooms there!) so you'll just have to take my word on it. The queen size bed is one of the softest i have slept in (in HK), the pillows are also soft. If you need firm pillows for a good nights rest this is not the place for you.

Like another reviewer pointed out the only problem with the rooms are the bathroom windows. Since my first stay, they have installed a blind on the clear glass window; however, the sliding door still has uncovered clear panels. But if you're not entering/exiting or using the wardrobe at the time someone is on the crapper you shouldn't have a problem.

The room comes with en empty mini bar fridge. Which is great as you can lots of things in there if you need. The room also comes with a kettle, microwave, tea, coffee and a dvd player. The bathroom amenities include shower cap, vanity kit, sanitary bag, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bath gel of which the last four smell divine. However, I noticed there are no toothbrushes provided, so it would be a good idea to remember to bring your own or by one at the local 7/11.

The hotel has a small gym; however, i can't comment as I have yet to have time to inspect it. There are also two restaurants, one Japanese and one Russian.

As the hotel is located on Prat Avenue there is lots to do. I'll just list a few things we found convenient.

The MTR is about a 5min walk to the hotel, if you take exit A2. There are about 2 or 3 7/11's along your way. I also noticed 2 ATMs which gave you the choice of withdrawing RMB or HK dollars - great if you're from China or heading into China. We normally enjoy eating at one of the Indian restaurants in the area but I also like the soup from DeliFrance which you can find on the corner of Prat Avenue about 1 min walk from the hotel. Harbour City shopping mall also is a short 10min walk from the hotel. If you get a chance visit Kowloon Park (which is on your way to Harbour City). It's a huge public garden with many surprises. I highly recommend it if you have a free couple hours.

Lastly, there is some construction going on outside the front of the hotel at this time. I had no trouble sleeping in past 10am. However, if you are a light sleeper this might bother you.

More to add:
- The staff are exceptional!!
- There are two laptops in the lobby for guests to use with internet. I found they came in handy many times!
- Use 'travelasia.com' to book. We stayed Wednesday night for $450HKD and previously a Thursday night for $500HKD.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Halo23
There are newer reviews for Butterfly on Prat

Reviewed 30 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. Patricia and her team made the stay incredibly memorable! The quality and customer service and the friendliness that each and every staff member displayed was refreshing and completely unexpected.

Add to that a wonderful location; close to public transportation, food, and shopping, a lovely room, with a generous bathroom, and a clean lobby and common area and you really have a hidden gem.

I would highly recommend this Hotel; I know I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Much has been written about the 'new' kid on the block Butterfly on Prat, and I think it lives up to its god reputation. I stayede in in a Queen deluxe on a buy 2 nights get 1 night free deal, and it's great. I have travelled to HK quite a few times, so am quite familiar with more budget accomodation; I can strongly recommend Butterfly to those who want a bit of space and comfort at an affordable price.
There are 3 convenience stores within less than 5 min walk, an authentic cha chan teng jus across the road that operates almost round the clock, plus a number of other eateries along the road.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2009

we have stayed in butterfly hotel for 6 nights the next time we'll visit hong kong we'll definitely stay in this hotel again.
from the airport it;s very easy to reach the hotel by MTR train (tsim sha tsui station). be carefull not to take one the buses that will be proposed to you in the airport (because you will end up paying double).
location is excelent, great breakfast you can eat at delifrance and even better at the cofee shop next delifrance (on prat ave).
the rooms are very modern, clean and confortable.
in conclusion: great hotel; we recommend it whole heartedly!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple