This was our first time in Hong Kong. We followed recommendations found on Tripadvisor and booked via www.asiatravel.com. The whole experience was amazing! We took Airport Express from the airport to Kowloon and then jumped on Airport Express' free shuttle to the Park Hotel (they don't drop off at Butterfly). The Park is a block away. We walked through the alley and were right in front of Butterfly. It was the easiest/cheapest airport to hotel experience we've ever experienced. We arrived around 1PM and were instantly checked-in, upgraded, and shown to our room. The service was impeccable and the room was spacious and gorgeous.
We immediately began to explore our location and found that we were situated perfectly! We were near two MTR stations (Tsim Sha Tsui and East Tsim Sha Tsui), the waterfront, Peninsula, and all the action that Tsim Sha Tsui has to offer. What an amazing experience!
The hotel provides two laptops in the lobby for internet access. We used this service often. Although the location doesn't provide for privacy, the service was appreciated.
We were on the 10th floor and could occassionally hear the party on the street. This didn't bother us at all, though. It actually made us smile because we were so happy to be located so close to the action.
The hotel restaurant appeared to be closed for renovations. We didn't ask to confirm because we didn't care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelClick and Ctrip TA so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong