Stayed three nights in one of there lowest price rooms without any balcony. Was meant for up to double occupancy but the tight confines of the room and the fact the bed is wedged against the wall and the wall by the door to the room in front means you better be on very familiar terms with whoever you share the room with. Was on the fifth floor and there is no elevator. Getting up the five floors was a chore especially when tired from a day out in the oppressive heat. The room only had small windows in the bathroom that looked out onto the backs of apartment towers nearby - so essentially no view to speak of. A kettle and a fridge were provided in the room and the TV has an acceptable choice of channels for those who speak english.
The Mingle Place was cheaper than other grander hotels in the area, but you get what you pay for and you are definitely giving up space and comfort to come here.
The washroom was very small and the height and condition of the shower nozzle less than ideal. There was not much space to put your toiletries and the electrical outlet in the bathroom did not seem to be functional.
The location can be good especially if you plan to be out late in Wan Chai. An easy 5 minute walk from the bars and clubs in Wan Chai to this hotel. The Wan Chai metro station is also a 5 minute walk away and the famous double decks trams are just a block away.
Nearby are many noodle places and other restaurants including a 24 hour McDonalds. Seven Elevens are everywhere nearby for snacks and drinks and also stock a handy SIM card for your phone. I was able to get at Hong Kong SIM at one of the Seven Eleven's only a block from the hotel after the several other locations including the airport Seven Eleven were out of stock. https://www.pccw-hkt.com/en/Prepaid-Discover-HK-Tourist-SIM-Card/
If you are coming from the Airport instead of taking the Express train and the shuttle bus to get here you can take the E11 bus for only $21HK and be dropped off very near the hotel on Hennessy Road. http://www.nwstbus.com.hk/routesearch.aspx?t=1404068206226&intLangID=1
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Old Colonial Hong Kong at this Unique Culture Hotel! This hotel is based on a vintage 1960's old Chinese residential building with splashes of colonial architectural style (e.g. small balconies facing the main street), carefully restored for a truely unique, authentic experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mingle Place By The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place By The Park Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place By The Park Hong Kong