I stayed in this 'hotel' for 4 nights in May 2010. It was a tiny little room on the 3rd floor (no lift so was a bit tricky up several flights of very narrow stairs with lotsof luggage!) The entrance to the hotel itself is sandwiched between a Chinese health shop and I think it was an opticians. It it so small you would miss it if you didn't know it was there!!. It was however perfect for what I needed. A bed and a shower for a few nights. It had a TV and free Wifi which was great given thatI only paid the equivalent of about 25/30 GBP per night! The bathroom was the smallest room ever and the sink was hilarious, around 6 inches wide between 2 walls with a mirror over the sink - you could only squeeze one shoulder in at a time to see in the mirror, but its all part of the HK charm! The bed stretched from one side of the room to the window, with just a few cm's spare to get in and out. Its exactly as it says on their website and really cute for a solo traveller.
Perfectly situated on the MTR, bus and tram lines. Noisy as it is on the main Wanchai to Central road - but you know what youre booking when you look it up so it wasn't a problem to me. I used to live in HK so I knew it would be like this given the fact it was on the busiest road ever !!
It also had the smallest balcony in the world. Standing room only !
I just loved this place
Staff were very friendly and kept my luggage in their tiny recption on the last day so I didnt have to drag it round with me. given this is far more like a hostel than a hotel I was impressed with the staff and the Wifi for the money.
I would recommend it and I would stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Old Colonial Hong Kong at this Unique Culture Hotel! This hotel is based on a vintage 1960's old Chinese residential building with splashes of colonial architectural style (e.g. small balconies facing the main street), carefully restored for a truely unique, authentic experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mingle Place By The Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place By The Park Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place By The Park Hong Kong